The OFFICIAL new Enterprise - Let the critiques begin!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Professor Moriarty, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Aegis

Aegis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

2. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

That's the Gabe Enterprise, which is not the ST'08 ship. You can see that the top of the saucer & bridge are different than the ones in the trailer ship. Gabe's ship has been around awhile now.

3. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

No, it's just Gabe Koerner's Koernerprise.

4. Aegis

Aegis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Darn....fine ship though!

5. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

Calm down, it was a joke poking fun at CRA. He was hit by the "purists" for "changing the Enterprise" on his deckplans.

You know what, I just don't see what people are going off about about the look of the trailer. I mean, the teaser for TUC showed clips of TOS being projected on the hull of the enterprise's hull... I never say that in the actual movie.

And even if what we saw in the trailer is in the film, so what? I don't care if they changed the size or fine details of the shape to make the exterior fit the interiors. Something trek's always had a problem with.

I'm just happy we are getting another trek film, and I will wait to attack it or not till after I see it.

I just am sick of the people are hating it because JJ didn't break into the Smithsonian to get the original model out and photo scan it to make the new ship Identical to the one shown on the show...

I mean, even then which look did you want, there were three different versions of the model shot and they were used intermixed without what seemed much thought.

Wait, before you hate. :thumbsup:

6. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

A lot (and I mean a lot) of people have mistaken Gabe's ship for the movie Enterprise. It's a tribute to the quality of his rendering/CGI skills.

7. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

And with statements like that, you work your way closer to one. Be glad you combined two flames in one post - you can only get warned one for them.

One warning for flaming - any discussions to PM. - Ptrope

8. Data Holmes

I don't think that was warn worthy to be honest... not sure how ancient feels though.

9. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

As stated, any discussions of the warning go to PMs, not in this thread. Thanks :thumbsup:

10. SonicRanger

SonicRanger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

11. Data Holmes

It wasn't a discussion, it was a comment. :thumbsup:

12. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

They shouldn't be making links to any of 'em.

Fer chrissakes, do they actually think we don't know what the ship looked like? That they can actually sell this as "what the ship looked like all along"?

Then again, we've had more than a few sheeple here make that precise case, so nothing'll surprise me at this point...

13. Data Holmes

It worked for the klingons... :klingon:

14. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

If the design of the Big E hinders your ability to enjoy the movie, then, as you've stated already, don't spend the coin to see it; however, there's no need to piss in other people's corn flakes if they can look past it and gear up to see it.

Is a sheep someone with an open mind? Then Ba Ba Black Sheep for me then. Is a sheep someone willing to allow these folks make the movie they want and try to enjoy it? Well, a big BAAAAA!

Is someone with his head up his ass about whether or not this film caters to him and his need for minute detail a twit? Oh, yes. Very much so. Very much so.

15. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

100% agreed.
    Bahh..indeed.

16. Dr. Drake Ramoray

Dr. Drake Ramoray Commodore Commodore

Hey! :mad: Lost in Space was a great movie! :mad: You take that back! :mad:

17. Sean_McCormick

Sean_McCormick Captain Captain

This thing pops up once a week as the new design. Maybe Gabe should change the ships name to U.S.S. Not-In-The-Movie on his pictures, so that the last one gets it.

18. Eternality

Eternality Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Or the aptly named U.S.S. Not Appearing In This Film. :lol:

19. aridas sofia

aridas sofia Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In fairness, it is reasonable for someone to complain that something does not appeal to his tastes. That is exactly the thing he is most qualified to comment on -- his own tastes. It is then up to others to decide on appropriate evidence whether they have similar tastes.

The question of whether this design matches the original is multifaceted. Some will complain because they embrace the interconnected "canon" that renders Trek some kind of big story. Some will complain that they will miss seeing on the big screen an artistic vision and sense of style that they enjoyed on TV. I could care less about "canon" but love Matt Jefferies' art, so I will miss seeing it. But I will also be the first to say a well-conceived story that is served by an altered artistic vision will be well worth seeing.

At this point however, none of this can be determined.

20. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

I won't argue that he has a right to his opinion, but calling people 'sheep' because they aren't willing to think the design is terrible isn't I think.