The Night Crew

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JonathonWally, Sep 2, 2008.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Not hating the non-college people. Just disappointed in the way facebook has changed since it became accessible to more people.

That said, it's still infinitely better than myspace. Myspace blows.

2. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

IcehoneyRose is somewhere in never never land
    I did find the TBBS group. I joined. :techman:

3. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

And I totally got friended today by somebody from the Night Crew, but I'm not sure which TBBS poster she is. :lol:

(You?)

4. Philo

Philo Commodore Commodore

Oh noes! Not your real name! :p

Yeah, Myspace kind of sucks.

What's up, Night Crew?! I just got home at 5:30 in the morning for a second night in a row. Tonight was some Fine Arts thing at my school about this festival here called Art Matters. The joke is, whenever you go up to someone, you ask "Hey, did you know art matters?" all incredulously. Someone actually took me seriously and asked if I believed that art matters, so I took that line from The West Wing and said, "I was joking! Yes, of course. There's a connection between a progress in a society and a progress in the arts." :lol:

Last night, my friends and I had to stop a fight between this dumb asshole and a cabbie. The dumb asshole didn't want to pay his fare, so the cabbie got up in his face about it. We were nearby and decided it would be a good idea to keep an eye on things. At first it was just shouting and a little shoving, but eventually the cabbie went back to his car and got out a hammer to smash his face in. The funny thing was that it wasn't a regular sized hammer, but one of those little ones. Anyway, you still don't want to get your face pummeled with one of those, so we went over and had to physically break it up. Even though the dumb asshole was yelling out the N-word, it was amusing that he felt the need to tell us that he wasn't actually racist. "Yeah, sure", we all thought. Long story short, we got the guy to pay his fare, and everyone went on with their business.

So how's your night been? :D

Philo, real name Tom Beaman (it spells 'be a man'! :D)

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Last night I worked until about 11pm and crashed on my couch around midnight. I woke up at 2am and was kinda sore from the awkward position I was in, so I moved to my bed. I woke up at 10am to start my day, but I ended up falling back asleep on my couch. I slept until 3:30pm, and I went to work at 5. I don't think I'm going to bed any time soon.

6. Philo

I should probably go to bed now, but I always need about an hour or so of alone time to decompress before I feel comfortable going to sleep.

Yeah, this shit counts as alone time. Isn't that sad? ;)

7. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

I'm up late tonight. I worked from 5 AM - 11 AM yesterday and crashed when I got home, so I'm now awake.

Spent the night on AIM and youtube and cruising the BBS.

I agree that myspace blows. It's filled with spam and most people don't even use it anymore, so theres not much of a network to speak of. I love facebook. My only complaint is that I dislike the new format.

8. Philo

^ When they changed the format, my friend was predicting that people would stop using it as much, and I kind of doubted it, but then two weeks later I realized, "hey, I actually have lost interest in it".

I can't even use AIM. It eats the shit out of my memory and cpu.

9. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

^

I know I've lost a bit of interest in it since the changeover. There's many reasons, but the new format is one of them. It's a pain to click on the different tabs to find things. It's more confusing than when everything was piled together, which IMO, wasn't confusing as long as you didn't have a million unneeded applications.

10. Philo

^ Their attempt to make the interface and organization a little more intuitive actually resulted in the opposite, ironically. I don't subscribe to the theory that this is just a result of the difficulty of transition, either.

Anyway, it's not like I used the thing that much before, but I miss being able to easily check on friends' pages. I also miss being able to showcase my photos on my profile.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I went over a year without upgrading AIM because I was always disappointed with it whenever I had done so in the past. So I kept hitting "Remind Me Later" when the upgrade thingy popped up. Then one night, I hit it, and it upgraded, and now it is annoying and takes forever to do anything.

As for facebook, I have also noticed a decrease in usage from my friends, and there are a few things to blame.

The first, I think, is not the format, but rather that my little generation of people is out of college and in the "real world" now. For us, Facebook and college went together because that was what is was designed for. Now that we're out of school, we don't really use the internet for such purposes anymore.

My biggest issue with facebook's current format is the fucking News Feed. I don't mind that it exists, but it bugs me that that's the homepage, when originally it would take you directly to your profile. And yeah, they really did make the whole thing a lot less intuitive. Tweaking it here and there is fine, but the new format makes a lot less sense than the old.

12. Philo

I gave up and switched to Pidgin (what used to be called GAIM). You can run almost any instant messenger protocol with it.

I agree with what you're saying about Facebook. I think a lot of the novelty has worn off too. In terms of upgrades, I was pretty happy with most of the little tweaks they'd made over the years, but the recent overall is a big step backwards. I wish they would at least let us customize the organization somewhat.

13. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

I traded a crappy pump shotgun for a crappy SKS, i'm gonna sink some money into it and turn it into a precision rifle as an x-mas gift to myself

14. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, you could always message that person and figure it out :p

15. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

i am bring this thread TO LIFE!!!!!!!

16. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

It has been a bit dead lately.

17. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Well tonight looks like another night without sleep, so I'm here!

18. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yay. And i'll actually be turning in shortly. I have a terrible headache, so not tonight, RoJo. :( I guess i won't be salty tonight ... ;)

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The last month or so I have noticed that I tend to sleep straight through all of Wednesday. I went to bed at noon woke up at 10pm, so now I'm going to be up for a while.

20. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

^ Does it have to do with to do with your work schedule?