The next "Next Generation"?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by NewHeavensNewEarth, Jul 23, 2019.

1. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Commodore Commodore

But since we're looking at spin-offs galore here, I'd really like a Trek sitcom called "The O'Briens." They've been such solid, good-hearted people through 2 series, might as well go for 3! (or 4 if they make it into PIC)

Ar-Pharazon and picardjean-luc like this.
  2. Abi Smith

Abi Smith Commander Red Shirt

Star Trek: Mot
    Mot the Bolian barber has setup shop on the Promenade of the recently refurbished DS9. The show will feature Mot providing advice to his customers, cameos will abound, with fun, philosophy and physics for the whole family.

3. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've thought about this recently. What happens if Patrick Stewart is unable to continue. The show could be renamed or even lead directly into a more general post-Nemesis show separate from but also connected to Star Trek: Picard. Or it could simply continue and finish whatever mission Picard originally had. Or it's just over. I'm up for it all. Can't wait. Haven't been so excited for Trek since the TNG/DS9/Voyager era.

NewHeavensNewEarth likes this.
  4. NewHeavensNewEarth

It's definitely something to consider. And I think it's a time period that has pretty wide interest among the fan base, so I could see the possibility of keeping it going in some capacity when Patrick finally hangs up his comm badge.

5. dinzy

dinzy Captain Captain

Drinking Jippers on a beach somewhere in MD
    I'd rather have a Next Next Gen Show set a few decades after Picard or something else. There will be centuries of unexplored options between Picard and Disco S3. Picard is story focused show. It will end and while the characters could be interesting, they will not warrant a new series sans Picard when there are so many other options. They could do tag ups in Short Treks, or epilogues for those characters.

Pike is a clear example of a show that would be a better use of resources. An anthology show could be cool. They could even do it on a generational, intergalactic ship and keep the sets, and switch the cast. Whatever. I am pretty happy with what they have in the pipe so far.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Does Bashir live in an apartment over their garage?

7. Lyon_Wonder

Lyon_Wonder Captain Captain

I can see Julian Bashir being in a Section 31 series that's set post TNG.

8. NewHeavensNewEarth

Yes, Bashir is up there along with a dartboard. And in the spirit of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," his closet is a mini-holosuite that provides him & O'Brien with hundreds of miles of role-playing adventures, along with kayaking.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  9. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Fonzie & Julian 2a.jpg

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

And since Alexander Sidding learned to act in the years since DS9, it would actually be quite awesome.

11. rahullak

rahullak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He was good in Syriana.

12. NewHeavensNewEarth

Ar-Pharazon likes this.