The National Rugby League Thread of 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by PlainSimpleJoel, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

NSW team announced, the big "surprise" is that Uate has been dropped for the other Morris brother. A good move given Uate's form. Some injuries concern in the forwards so the exact team is still in the air.

2. Jono

For a second year in a row the Dragons fall in the final minutes when they looked to have beaten the Raiders and end their "hoodoo". Last year it was a last minute Dugan try and this year it was a (second) last minute try to Robinson. Both were Monday night games...spooky. Nice to have a win for a change.

Wednesday will be interesting and while I don't expect NSW to win I still hope they do.

3. Jono

QLD makes it 7 in a row. I want to complain NSW was robbed due to one of the QLD try coming through an obstruction, but they were average for the bulk of the second half anyway and probably didn't deserve to get as close as they did in the end.

Again NSW goes for 2 points that confuses me. I'd have liked to see them go for the try that early in the game or back to back sets. Actually that's the most disappointing aspect of the series is NSWs inability to force repeat sets.

Oh well. NSW has another chance next year, but with 2 games in QLD I doubt it will happen and that it won't be until 2014 when NSW gets back on the right side of victory.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  4. NCC1701

NCC1701 Commodore Commodore

The Warriors drop another game, this time against Penrith at Mt Smart, losing 18-16. Heads are going to roll after yet another completely limp and pathetic Warriors shamefest.

5. Jono

Finally, someone else posted so I can post again!

Raiders making a rollercoaster run for the finals and were going good win, horrible loss, but has managed to string 3 wins in a row. The first time since the end of 2010, which shows how average they have been in the last two years in terms of consistency.

People keep going on that the Bulldogs are due/need a loss and I'm hoping it comes next Friday night and the Raiders can keep the what was an unlikely dream a month ago of making it into the top 8 and maybe then the off season won't have endless speculation that Furner is going to get the boot.

6. Jono

Raiders got past the first week of the finals with a good win over the Sharks. They stopped playing for 20mins of the second half, but hammered the Sharks in the final quarter. Rabbitohs are next and the Raiders have a poor record against them, but hoping they can go against that.

7. Jono

Raiders fell to the Bunnies in a fashion that spoke of the season. When they were on they were on, when they were off they were terrible. They were their own worst enemy. Hopefully next year won't be an off year like 2009 and 2011 and they can build on the good things and bridge the gap between making the numbers for the finals and a real contender for the premiership.