The Least Disliked Season Finale

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Sakonna, Jul 13, 2019.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

[​IMG]

Seven of Five and BillJ like this.
  2. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Indeed.

Seven of Five likes this.
  3. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I've always thought the internet wasn't the most ideal place to use sarcasm or humour. You can't see the other person's face or hear their voice when they write.

All with a hefty ;) :p :techman:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    sekundant likes this.
  4. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

My problem is that I am terrible at using emoticons. I never know what to use to show I am joking.

Probably more a failing on my part than the lack of translation on the screen.

5. Sakonna

Sakonna Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh god, I have this too! They're all either not laugh-y enough, or they're FULLY IN HYSTERICS and I'm thinking to myself... my joke isn't that funny.

That's how I always end up settled on winking thumbs-up Bolian. He's clearly happy, but he's not going nuts about it. :bolian:

6. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

Winking thumbs up Bolian... I love it. I can see this as Chell being happy that his 'Warp Core-don Bleu' was a hit.

7. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

What does a "dislike" feature genuinely accomplish, especially when so many sites with like/dislike buttons opt not to show the downvote count? (Or why people put in so much faith into them, "Hey Martha, 80% of these people hate that movie. Let's not bother because all of them are right. Also, remember when 20 million smokers said it was a good thing to do?"

And now, I'm going to go watch that episode of "The Orville" called "Majority Rule". :D

8. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

The same could be said about the "like" feature. As long as you have the "like", then why not the "dislike" also?

9. sekundant

sekundant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am totally agree with internet- and-don't-see-the-face/don't-hear-the-voice thing and I want more smileys here. If not for more emotions, we need definitely an Andorian smiley. :nyah: