THE LAST SHIP Season 3 - spoilers, reviews, discussions and junk...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral2, May 19, 2016.

1. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good news for me:)

Like the trailer.

2. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Believe me, reporters like that exist in real life too. I know one very well. He was a constant thorn in my side when I worked for the state. I actually got along with him very well because I knew how to deal with him. Reporters like this forcibly inject themselves into the story to sell it and get ratings. There were several occasions where the story became him getting tossed out of places, rather than the story of why he was there in the first place. He burned a lot of bridges here among public information officers. But he's now a network reporter working at NBC in Burbank, so the joke's on us, not him. Ah well...

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Strange, according to my cable DVR the episode on aug. 7 will be a rerun of the episode from July 31st. Same episode two weeks in a row?

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wikipedia also indicates there won't ne a new episode August 7. Don't know why, though.

5. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

THEY LAUNCH A MISSILE! THANK GOD!

(Yes, I got more from it than that, but it's season three. It's what the thing was built to do and they've done it once...)

6. sojourner

Looks like we're headed for some kind of coup in the White House.

7. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Just saw in several trades that Last Ship has been renewed for Season 4!
    * Cue the Flag waving and fighter jet fly-over montage*

;)

Q2

Gaith likes this.
  8. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I'm running around with red and blue sparklers right now...

9. The Wormhole

Season 4, yes! I'll be with the Nathan James crew as we sing sea shanties.

Now onto this weeks episode, we're introduced to the new President, who curiously has been unseen up to now despite having been the Vice President and was previously the Mayor of St Louis. I definitely get the impression there's something shady going on with him, though admittedly my opinion might be influenced by certain story elements I know are on the way from the Comic Con trailer. Although, based just on what was in the episode, it certainly seems as though Elisabeth Rohm's character is becoming the power behind the throne so to speak.

We finally start getting answers in the Asia storyline as it seems the reason the cure didn't work in Japan is because Peng launched a bio-weapon rendering the cure inert, and he apparently has a master plan to use this across Asia, possibly even the world. BTW, does anyone else get the impression Peng is gay? I don't recall off-hand exactly what it was, but there was something that set off my gaydar a few weeks back, but this week seeing him stroke his general's face after he slapped it was definitely odd.

Also, something I noticed for the first time this week, it seems the characters in St Louis are calling Kara "Commander Greene" which would mean she is still in the Navy. If that's the case, why hasn't she been wearing a uniform this season?

10. sojourner

I'm almost tempted to wonder if the president's death was suicide?

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like how Wolf always finds a way to get into some quick-chop hand-to-hand fight each week.

12. The Wormhole

Something I'm noticing now that the crew is all back together, by having Slattery be the Captain, they've gotten around the issue of the fact the Captain isn't supposed to be leaving the ship to personally lead every tactical team. Unfortunately now they have the even more unrealistic scenario of the CNO being involved in the tactical teams. Kind of funny.

13. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Well yeah, but it's because they still have the same casting problem. The CNO is at the top of the of the credits, only now instead of being Captain Kirk he's Mac from MacMillan and Wife. :shrug:

14. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Every single time Burke goes off ship, I just know that he's going to die.

15. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I deiniftely do not think it was suicide.

The blonde lady said she was the president's lover... I am assuming the pretended to "serve at the pleasure of the president", and did so when she "relayed" the order that the president should not have any visitors.

I think the new president is clueless of the events... assuming his intro speech to the CNO was sincere...saying you hope to earn someone's trust doesn't sound typical of a manipulator. I think he's a pawn being used to make certain things happen.

I am also so glad Hiroyuki Sanada's character wasn't killed -- but may actually have a more important role... he is so good at creating introverted characters with moral ambiguities.

I wonder why they are skipping a week until next episode -- is that the Olymics opening night?

16. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Actually opening night is this Friday, but I think TNT is a Universal station so they may carry some Olympic coverage that would preempt TLS next Sunday.

17. sojourner

No, they are showing a repeat episode in the time slot on TNT.

18. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Oh...then maybe they just don't want to compete with the Olympics... :shrug:

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think TNT is part of Time Warner.

20. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

You're probably right...