The Last of Us (HBO)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Aragorn, Feb 11, 2021.

1. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I've never played the game but always wanted to, sold off my PS4 before i had the chance to play and can't justify the expense of a PS5 just to play this game ( and GoW Ragnarok ;) ).

So i'll have to "settle" for the show even though i'm really not into Zombie movies or horror in general ( Walking Dead was my exception). I hope the story is as good as everybody says it is but it's got Pedro Pascal in it and i have yet to see a movie or show with him that sucked.

StarMan likes this.
  2. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Use PayPal credit. That way you can split the payment up into 4 month payments with no interest. Managed to buy a few ps5’s that way.

3. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

TLOU rightly deserves its status as one of the best games of all time. If ever there was a video game worth adapting to the small screen, it's this. Everything I've seen so far from this production suggests they may have pulled it off.

I played TLOU for the first time earlier this year (followed immediately by the sequel); it shot past my expectations, which were already fairly high given all the glowing reviews I'd read. I was a wreck afterwards and didn't touch another game for a month. :lol:

The Lensman and BigFoot like this.
  4. FPAlpha

I have the money, i just don't want to spend 600+ Euro on a console that will get used only very occasionally. I'm primarily a PC gamer and i spent quite a bit more than 600 on my current rig - if they had made a port to PC like they did with God of War i would have already bought and played it.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ With the way Sony has been moving to PC I have to imagine it's coming that way sooner than later.

6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing that they're waiting for the remake of the first game to come out before they end up porting both. In fact, one could probably guess that the real reason they've been working on a remake of the first game is to see porting happen.

7. thribs

I’m the opposite way round. I want to play Half Life Alyx but I can’t justify getting a pc just for that since I wouldn’t use it for anything else.

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

You can briefly see Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker in the trailer.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  9. Mr. Adventure

It's going to take me a bit to get used to Bella Ramsey (great GoT name btw) as Ellie.

The Lensman likes this.
  10. thribs

Im sorry but him showing his face is just offending me. :)

Commander Troi likes this.
  11. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I'm excited about The Last Of Us because when I played the game I thought story and cinematography were awesome but combat was middling and not all that fun.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is probably one of the things I most excited about for next year's entertainment releases. To say I love the games is an understatement, and this looks like it could just as good.

13. FPAlpha

Great trailer and i'm quite excited to watch it.

Maybe it's better that i was never able to play it ( sold off my PS4 before it came out i think and i just have no luck getting a PS5 for normal price). This way i have no knowledge of the story apart from hearing how great it is from every corner ( and i sure won't watch multiple hours of cutscenes on Youtube, better watch Pedro Pascal do his thing).

Commander Troi and FreezeC77 like this.
  14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/hardware/ps5

Here you go. You can get the God of War: Ragnarok PS5 console bundle, either disc or digital edition. if you have PS Plus, you get free express delivery.

I just realized you're in Germany. Never mind.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The original game came out for the PS3 originally, and then number 2 came out for PS4.
    I'm very curious how where they're going to go after Season 1. Are they just going jump right to the second game's story, which has a significant time jump that would probably mean recasting Ellie, or come up with an original story set closer to the first season that will fill in the time gap and let them keep Bella Ramsay around for a while longer?

16. Mr. Adventure

I don't know what they offer in Germany but I was able to play XBox game pass games on my laptop by streaming them even though I only did it once just to see it work. I'm pretty sure Playstation has cloud gaming, might be worth checking if you could play without having to have a console.

I haven't played Part II but looking online it says Ellie was 14 in Part I and 19 in part II, Bella Ramsay is 19 so would it be a problem?

17. thribs

These Walking Dead spin offs are getting out of hand. :)

Commander Troi and Set Harth like this.
  18. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

They are making a PC version that will be released soon, so another option would be to get a Steam Deck and play it that way.

19. FPAlpha

Thanks for the suggestion but gaming wise i have so much on my plate that it's enough to keep me occupied for a long while. Priority for the PS5 would have to be Ragnarok at the moment but i'll only get one once stock is really readily available for the current recommended price, i won't shell out for scalper prices.

I'm curious to see the articles comparing the game story to the show and where it differes. However i am very confident, nothing with Pedro Pasal ever disappointed me. That guy really knows how to pick projects ;) .

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't realize Bella Ramsay was that old, I had just assumed she was closer to the age Ellie is supposed to be. They might be able to just change her hair and makeup a bit to emphasize her real age more then.