The history of Trek through Benny Russell it's creator!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Jayson1, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know it's debatable if Benny Russell was the dream or the dreamer. Since it's all fiction it can be both or nether or one of the other I like the idea of exploring the idea that it is indeed all created by him.

First thing he would create would be TOS. I would say he could be in his early 20's and thus is still a young imature man. That's why his woman characters aren't so strong and Kirk is always chasing woman and the show revolves around Male bonding. They become popular but he wants to try new stuff so it takes awhile before returning to those characters. When he does that is the TOS movies. He is older so you see a more mature edge to them.

Once again he tries something new but nothing catches on so he goes back to his old universe. I guess this is sometime after WWII so their is more optimism, plus he falls in love with the lady who owns the diner and thus he creates some stories that are more upbeat and positive which is TNG which he uses to go to different format such as comic books much like he did with his TOS movie stories to tale some new stories but just on a less frequent basis.

We know how DS9 got started. You can say the stories got more dark as time passed because he was locked up after is emotional breakdown. Also as time goes on maybe a increase of drugs,shock treatment or just being in bad enviroment means his stories might start to suffer. This is Voyager. While they don't fully sink because he is just a talented guy you start to see some inconsistency.

Eventually he gets out of the mental hospital and since he can't find a good job because of what happened he ends up working for a low level smug rag. He tries to do more old school traditional stuff, with unessary sexy stuff because that is the audience for that kind of mag but he gets fired anyway because nobody is paying to read them.

Now we are in the late 60's. Hippies and free love and psychedelic imagery is all the rage. He is able to go back to comics and do 3 stand alone stories using his first set of characters but spice them up for the times. This becomes popular and is able to spring for a new set of short stories in a sci-fi pub which is Discovery. With the times more evolved because of the civil rights movement he embraces the era and creates stories about a strong black female and introduces his first set of gay characters. Has a evil white captain who represents "the man" and maybe gets someone like Robert Crumb or someone like him to come up with some interesting new looking aliens.

Jason