Spoilers The Good Place Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mojochi, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

blu rays are going to be the new vinyl. They are never going away. Jason

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Maybe, but not necessarily. Remember everyone has gone to the bad place for 500 years. So she probably went there for drinking almond milk even though it was bad for the environment, ate irresponsibly farmed tomatoes. From what we know of her, she probably had a good score, just not in the millions.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

TV Guide's description for tonight's episode:
    A Girl From Arizona, Part 2:
    Eleanor, Micheal, Janet, and Tahani have their hands full when the new residents begin to show their true colors. Jason receives some unsettling news.

4. JirinPanthosa

Why does Eleanor seem to have all her complete memories back? Is that explained? She should only have memories back to the start of season 3 and the specific ones Michael showed her.

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Poor Eleanor. Having to pair off your ex with his other ex so that they'll both have better afterlives must really suck.

Brent continues to be a pompous, selfish ashhole and of course he had shots with a diamond plus tier whatever pilot who let Brent fly his helicopter and that's how Brent died.

Unless they're playing a long game, which I doubt, there was absolutely no sense of Michael or Janet being swapped out by the Bad Place demons. I was skeptical before and I'm even more skeptical now.

What specifically makes you think she has all of her memories back?

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was a nice episode. Brent is an ashhole, but he's kind of funny in an ashhole kind of way. I agree with you, @Evil Headhunter, I don't think Michael or Janet were switched. Of course they do switch up the status quo after a few episodes so maybe something did happen. I'm happy that wasn't resolved tonight though. That scene between Eleanor and Michael was almost tear-jerking. It's that scene that is why I don't feel like they switched Michael. It felt way too genuine.

7. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

I was wondering if they were going to mention Blake Bortles being released by Jacksonville. Is Jason going to become a Rams fan?

8. JirinPanthosa

She seemed to remember very specific things from season 1. Creating chaos based on what she did the previous day, doing little good deeds to try to get her score up.

9. The Nth Doctor

Perhaps, but Michael has certainly told them a lot about what they did prior the memory wipes and she could be drawing from those revelations.

10. JirinPanthosa

What do you think of our show’s new neighbors, Perfect Harmony and Sunnyside?

PH is likable enough and has some laughs, and Sunnyside has a sense of fun and occasional hints of Schur brilliance, but I’m not totally sold on either. They both seem very lesson-learny and need time for chemistry to form.

And yeah the Asian twins are hilarious but their premise is too thin to hold up too long as absurdly wealthy people hanging around poor people.

One more thing. The guy who plaid the scam artist is the same actor who played the Seize the Day teacher in Community episode 2. All I’m saying, would not be surprised if these guys played paintball by end of season. ;)

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm enjoying Sunnyside so far, it's not amazing, but I like Kal Penn and so far most the humor works. I do agree with you on the Asian siblings, they're funny now, but if they don't grow into something more down the line, I could see them getting repetitive after a while.
    As for The Good Place, this was another good one.
    The scene between Eleanor and Micheal was great. You have to feel a bit sorry for Eleanor suddenly having the fate of all humanity dumped on her shoulders. Then she also had to get Chidi together with Simone, ouch.
    Brent thinking he deserved to go to "The Best Place" was pretty funny. The scary thing about him is the fact that there actually are people like that out there. I wonder it will take to finally get him to realize he isn't a great person and needs to improve himself.
    I felt a bit sorry for poor Jason, first Janet breaks up with him, and then he finds out about Blake Bortles on top of that.

12. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That is not how any of this works lol. People in Indianapolis didn't start being Denver fans because their guy went there, & that was Peyton Manning. He's worth 20 Blake Bortles :lol:

This touches a good point though. I think this season's arc for Jason has some important stuff going on, that's purpose is to finally make a real person of him. He's unfortunately been the least realistic of the group throughout, & they need to go somewhere with him that is as valid as the others have been getting imho
    There's people out there like all of them IMHO. All of them go a little beyond for comedic effect occasionally, but they all have true to life traits, & most of them have got things that people can identify with, except maybe Jason. He's been the most unrealistic, but I feel like that might get dealt with somehow. I hope at least.

Simone still has me baffled. She is either doomed to the bad place because it's a flawed system, & she's actually just a solidly good person, with bad stats, which doesn't make much sense, in context of her having been chosen as one of the test subjects, who were supposed to represent similar levels of unworthiness as our main four do (Unless that was foregone, just to get her there to fork with Chidi)

Point being, she's a much better person so far than any of the main four were. She wasn't a walking trashbag like Eleanor, or a mindless lowlife like Jason, or a top shelf narcissist like Tahani, (Who in her own way was almost as bad as Brent for narcissism) or even a well meaning but entirely insufferable pain like Chidi was, to anyone he dealt with. Simone is seemingly much better than all of that. So the alternative is that we get more backstory & she's got something that was legitimately unworthy about her... or not. Like I said, it could've just been Shawn's plan to use her for meddling sake, & if that's the case, then she doesn't need to become a better person, & therefore is a moot test subject for their experiment

Surprisingly no John this week :shrug:

I'm not entirely convinced he will yet. This whole thing still has a chance of going sideways soon. In fact, it's starting to puzzle me that Tahani has been of almost no use this season so far. That can't last. Things are going to have to get weird here... imminently

That said, I really feel like this week was a building episode. It had good moments, sincere ones, a few funny gags, but it didn't really drive the narrative, with the exception of it being the point where Eleanor makes peace with her role... which is usually right when they pull the carpet out from under you lol

Still good. Still interested to see how this shakes out

Markonian likes this.
  13. Cyrus

yeah, but my cousin stopped being a Denver fan because he hates Manning. :lol:

Anyway Bortles is a backup and is not playing.

14. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's a different circumstance lol. Hometown fans will stop being fans if their team pisses them off too much. Just ask me. I was a Jets fan :guffaw:
    But it's pretty rare they follow a guy they like to his new team. Though that may change as the game changes & more fans are fantasy leaguers

15. JirinPanthosa

I dunno, the year Bourque was on the Avs I was a die hard Avs fan. And I rooted for Pierce on the Nets and Wizards. But I guess that’s not the same thing. :)

Good episode, John really seems real and Tahani has really grown. Fun to see Chidi go through his first season again and Eleanor deal with it.

Who is coming on the train tracks? Again, PLEASE be Adam Scott!

About Sunnyside. HOW IS KAL PENN NOT JEFF WINGER?!

16. The Nth Doctor

"Superman with nervous diarrhea!" :lol:

I'm loving the parallels to season one and how Team Cockroach are still learning how to improve themselves (even Jason!).

I sure hope so! Every show needs more Adam Scott!

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The stuff with John and Tahani was pretty good, it was nice to see one of our new characters start to get a bit more development. It also gave us some nice character development for Tahani too, which is always nice.
    Chidi freaking over Jason was pretty good, the stuff with the motorcycle was especially funny. I loved Jason's line about how they do that after it exploded.
    You really had to feel sorry for Eleanor as she was losing it over Chidi.

Markonian likes this.
  18. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if the upcoming visitor is in the Michael suit.

19. Cyrus

So which 8 GoT characters are based on Tahani? All the female ones?

Guy Gardener likes this.
  20. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Definitely Dany, her maid, Catelyn, and Marjorie. Maybe Tirions gf or Robs wife. I could see an outside shot for Varys or Little finger.