Spoilers The Good Place - Season 1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 19, 2016.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This show hasn't had a bad episode yet.
    I loved The Bad Place crew, they were just wonderfully over the top bad.
    Real Eleanor was a fun character. Her and Chidi bonding really made me feel bad for Fake Eleanor.
    I was surprised Real Eleanor was allowed to stay, I expected The Bad Place crew to want to keep her since Fake Eleanor was staying in The Good Place.
    That was another great cliffhanger at the end. I wonder if we'll be getting an explanation for how Jason/Jianyu ended up in The Good Place, since it seems unlikely that it was the same kind of name mix-up we got with the Eleanors.

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

Michael trying to dance was hilarious.

The comments about jazz music were funny.

They used a Groucho Marx quote as the episode title. Cool

Does the bad place have only one architect? Michael is in charge of only one neighborhood in the good place. I wonder if we are going to see any other part of the good place.

Who is going to play sean? It would be cool if it is Shatner

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

This show is awesome. So glad it's back. :guffaw::guffaw:

Romulan_spy likes this.
  4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if it means anything that Janet always knew who Jason and Eleanor were but never told anyone, or if it's just a simple "you didn't ask."

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there polygamy in the Good Place?

Actually... Modern thinking (or really old thinking) sees the possibility that soulmates come on in larger and smaller sets than 2.

6. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The new episode was great as always. I just love all the characters.

7. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I love this show. :lol:

8. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It sure has a lot of charm, doesn't it?

9. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

"Hey, we thought of everything...except for an alibi...and an escape route...but we'll figure it out as we go. You don't want to over-think these things." :lol:

And there's a Neutral Place with just one person (angel? human?) in it. Bring on the Medium Place!

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well I don't know if they actually thought about this or not, but Janet knowing everything about Eleanor and Jason but not telling Michael now has an explanation -- client confidentiality.

11. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

This episode seemed to indicate that Tahani's soul mate is a) alive and b) a man with the same IQ as Jason. Ouch. Maybe she should get back on the Chidi band-wagon.

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the guy that plays Chidi and his deadpan reactions and comments over Eleanor's various admissions and transgressions.

When the show first aired I thought the mundane paradise and rules were due to a lack of imagination but obviously it's the whole point of the joke. I'm curious what the medium place is going to be like.

I loved that Tahani's favorite BBC show ran for 16 years and there's nearly 30 episodes.

13. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This week's issue of Entertainment Weekly said that we're getting two episodes on January 19th and it's the season finale.

Michael Schur eplained why back in December (though I guess I missed it), but still, what the fork? We're most likley going to have to wait 8 months until Season 2. This is going to be a long stretch! This (along with People of Earth, produced by fellow The Office and Parks and Recreation partner, Greg Daniels) has been one of the only new shows this season I've enjoyed and haven't found to be total pieces of shirt.

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Has it been renewed?

15. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No word yet. CW just revealed they renewed their shows, but they always seem to do so early. I'm not holding my breath waiting for an announcement until the spring, but I am hopeful.

16. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I wasn't optimistic about renewal when they limited the season to 13 episodes and put the last four in January after a hiatus. However, the creator says the short seasons were their preference, and the line.com seems to think renewal is a safe bet (just below 'a sure thing').

Yeah, that was one of my favorite jokes.

17. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

They are apparently airing episodes 12 and 13 together as a one hour season finale on Thursday (tomorrow).

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Well, Guy called it on page 2 of the thread.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

WHAT THE FORKING SHIRTBALLS? I did not see that coming at all, but it all actually makes a lot of sense.
    It will be very interesting to see how things play out in Season 2, which we better get.

20. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Nice twist. I'm really hoping for a second season.