The Flash - Season 1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Sep 11, 2014.

1. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Too expensive..

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're also both pretty busy as regular cast members on the NCIS shows, O'Donnell on NCIS: LA and Harmon on the original NCIS. It doesn't totally rule them out, I've seen a lot of actors make guest appearances on one show while a regular on another, but it would mean they wouldn't be able to be on very often and when they were it would be a fairly small part. I have a feeling if they're going to introduce Jay Garrick it's going to be a much bigger role than either of them would be able to do.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is Jay a Timemaster?

Saying that the character should be large is not the same as paying for another (semi) regular cast member.

They either have more money to spend, or someone is getting fired.

Eddie is not coming back?

Who else has been smoked?

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure they've said Rick Cosnett will be back, but I'm not sure if he'll be a regular, or if it'll be purely through flashbacks.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

He's not coming back. The producers have already said so. He may make some guest appearances at most.

6. Guy Gardener

It's possible that the natural existence of time didn't erase Eddie, but actual cops took him out, and put him into a lock box because Detective Thawne was a frayed edge that needed some hammering because of general health and safety considerations.

Eddie could wake up in a cell at Vanishing Point.

7. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Wouldn't it be great in an act of sheer gumption, Jay Garrick came back in time and changed his name to Henry Allen. His hat just catching up to him, all these years later.

8. Guy Gardener

That would mean that, he picked his wife to be murdered, and then let her be murded and then sat in a jail cell for 14 years when he'd had the speed to fight Thawne in 2001, and the speed to escape prison whenever he felt like it, just from some perverse sense of honour to keep the timeline tidy.

9. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

We are talking about Jay Garrick...

10. Guy Gardener

Isn't he already married?

I'd like to see me some Max Mercury.

Who is, if you don't know (but not you, no, no, not you, you're not ignorant, it's all the other people in the short bus who weren't cool enough to read comics growing up.), a cowboy, who jumps uptime 30 or 40 years with the Spedforce every now and then, after he feels he's done everything and met everyone worthwhile.

Of course it's wrong to bring in Max before Impulse.

11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

That would be just about right for Jay,who was in his forties when he first met Barry in "Flash of Two Worlds".

12. Guy Gardener

40 was almost dead back then.

Your 40s were your last hurrah, before you'd die at some point before 60.

3 cents for a big gulp of beer, is it any wonder?

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

In the early 60s? According to this a 40 year old man would have nearly three decades ahead of him in 1961. It was called "middle aged" for a reason. I'm doubting beer cost 3 cents, either. Its the age of Mad Men not Agent Carter.

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That's a myth. Generally, the low average life expectancies in the past were a result of high infant mortality rates skewing the average downward. But people who made it out of infancy had a pretty good chance of making it to their seventies. Heck, even the Bible says that "threescore years and ten" is a person's allotted lifespan.

15. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would love to see Max, too. And, no, it wouldn't be wrong, especially since Max existed as a character for decades before Impulse.

And while I do love his backstory (he wasn't exactly a cowboy...), I love the fact that he's a "Zen Master of Speed." After Dr. Wells/Thawne helped Barry with his speed from a scientific standpoint (with Caitlyn and Cisco's help), it would be nice to see season 2 have someone with a more philosophical view of speed help him out. He's had help honing his body, now he needs the help with honing his mind.

Like he did for Wally:

[​IMG]

16. Guy Gardener

The Bible also said that Noah was almost 900 when he shuffled off.

I should have said "from cowboy times" which is still pretty vague since there are still boys and cows in the world today, so I really-really should have said that Max started bouncing up time in the mid nineteenth century.

17. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

900 divided by 13 is about 70. He was 900 in moon cycles.

On the topic of the series: Does anyone think that the next season will even try to resolve the time paradox issues established in the final episode?

18. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

The more I'm thinking about it, the better I like the idea of James Marsden playing Jay Garrick.

19. Guy Gardener

And what happens if Jimbo starts dating Jean Loring?

Ray is going to freak the #### out and not understand why he is over reacting.

:)

Kate Bosworth has a toilet career too.

Get the band back together!

It's a mission from God!

20. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

This summer CW has been rerunning Flash Season 1 and because of word of mouth, I've been watching it. So far, up to The Flash is Born, I'm really liking it except for one thing. I'm finding Iris kind of an annoying character and now that this Blog storyline has taken center stage the last few weeks, it feels like it's detracting from the rest of it. I do like Joe and Wells though and they are probably my two favorite characters on the show so far.