The first ever Trekbbs time capsule!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jayson1, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had a neat idea. I want everyone to talk about what your doing with your life right now and some of the things your into right at this moment. What you think about the world. Maybe you even have a message for the future you. Then in 2 years we bring this thread back so we can see how we were in the past. I know we aren't supose to resurrect old threads but I figure this one would be okay since that is the main point of the thread.
    Anyways right now I am basically still feeling trapped with having no way around without a car a
    nd while the stress of the OCD and depresion is still here I am currently trying to start a new diet and get more exercise. Plus feeling the urge to cross dress so don't know how that has played out. Looking most forward to "Discovery" on tv. Hope it has worked out for you future, Jason. If however, your in a Trump prison camp I want you to get hold of a copy of "A Brief History in Time" and see if you have a better go at discovering time travel than we did in high school. If you do I want you to come back in time and save me.

If you do this you can stay here and continue my life here, posting on the trekbbs and watching tv and I will go even deeper in the past to when we were doing really great with exercise and make sure that we don't give up like he did. Granted this mean me and you will vanish from this new timeline but the past version of us might be able to handle our problems better than we seem to be able to do.

Jason

2. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

that's a cool idea but maybe you talk it over with Bonzie, just in case?

I wonder why people still don't accept male cross dressing. After all, nobody makes any fuzz anymore when a woman wears trousers. Nobody wants to see each other's reproductional organs (unless in certain private moments), but as long as these are covered at all, does it really matter in which way?
    I'm not sure if this particular time ought to be remembered at all, what with the whole political world appearing to warp to the extreme right wing and so many new dictators and megalomaniac loonies turning up (and getting elected, even!). I'd rather skip the next years or retire to a different planet.

3. Jayson1

Since nobody is leaving messages It might be moot. I just figured if a mod didn't like the idea they would tell me.

Jason

4. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

If this thread suddenly disappears, will it be because a mod removed it — or because the timeline changed?

5. Jayson1

It will be from a timeline change. When my future self gets here and I get to go back I plan to to bribe all mods from back then to the present day with future sports scores, making them rich beyond their dreams and they would never dare to close a thread from their golden goose. :)

Jason

6. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

In that case I intend to send my future self back to steal the sports scores from your future self at the instant he arrives. I will then place all the bets myself. There will be no recorded evidence of my intent because the timeline changes will eliminate this discussion. Sorry, mods.

Ha! Ha! It's foolproof! Foolproof, I tell you!

I can't be banned for an infraction I haven't committed yet, right?

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

[​IMG]

8. Jayson1

Well it has been two years. I swore more people had posted in it. I hope everyone posts this time so when I bring it up again in 2 years you can check your progress. As for me I seem to have most of the same problems but OCD not quite as bad. Discovery didn't quite work out as well as wanted. Jason

9. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome back :)
    For me rather a lot has changed on a personal level as shortly after this thread was started I was diagnosed with diabetes. That meant a lot of alterations in my lifestyle, besides being rather a worst case scenario for a chocoholic. :D
    The political trend I was worried about 2 years ago has, alas, continued and will do so for the next decade, I'm afraid. The refugee situation in my town has gotten a good deal easier: people got used to foreigners and though we have a strong neonazi-faction (embarassingly even in the town's government) there is also a major movement against them and most locals are at very good terms with the refugees. Some cultural misunderstandings are rather funny, once explained to all participants (yes, nuns are veiled for religious reasons but sorry, they aren't available on the marriage market). Others are dangerous: apparently there are edible mushrooms in Northern Africa that look exactly like a deadly poisonous sort that grows a lot here.
    It'll be interesting to watch how 3 different cultures (Near East, Central Africa and Bavaria) in my town will adapt to each other. The first step has already happened on a rather unexpected front: many locals now use the same perfumed soap that the Syrian refugees seem to prefer (personally, I loathe it - it's too intense for my taste and makes me slightly sick), and the monthly drums workshop is booked out a year in advance: every teenager here wants to learn to play the Djembe :) (heehee, I've bought mine 30 years ago :p)