Spoilers The Expanse Season 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by KennyB, Jun 8, 2020.

1. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

I looked but did not see anything posted yet for season 5. I just saw the episode titles posted on the WGA site. I am really looking forward to this.

• "Churn" by Daniel Abraham & Ty Franck

• "Down and Out" by Matthew Rasmussen

• "Exodus" by Naren Shankar

• "Gaugamela" by Dan Nowak

• "Hard Vacuum" by Dan Nowak

• "Mother" by Dan Nowak

• "Oyedeng" by Dan Nowak

• "Tribes" by Hallie Lambert

• "Winnipesaukee" by Dan Abraham & Ty Franck and Naren Shankar

• "Nemesis Games" by Dan Abraham & Ty Franck and Naren Shankar (season finale)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  2. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Ohhhh..... Coolness. I saw your post and had to hit the breaks. Any other goodness? Like production info, release date and spoilers? Hum????

So jazzed for this show. One of my absolute favorites.

3. KennyB

I've only seen bits from the cast social media saying they finished filming in Feb and it WILL be released before the end of the year. I am hoping giving some of the titles we see some Timmy.

EmoBorg likes this.
  4. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

@KennyB , it seems like two of the titles might be Belter related too. Gaugemela and Oyedeng just screen Belter to me or it’s some serious wishful thinking. Either way, I’m stoked for the end of the year. It we be great to roll out of the Mandilorian straight into The Expanse.

5. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I do hope they have a weekly release this time. While the binge came in handy when I had an overnight flight home for the holidays, it's more fun when we have time to digest each episode.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Alas, I don't think Amazon does weekly releases with any of their shows.

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Given the title of one episode, I expect so.

KennyB likes this.
  8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

No idea if it'll actually work, but how about we start a "weekly watch" thread for shows like this where everyone that wants to participate agrees to wait a week between episodes, or at the very least hold off on discussing consecutive episodes until a week has elapsed?

I know I've binged a few shows over the last few years that I kind of wish I could have gone week to week with the discussions. Binge threads are kind of all over the place if you're finished a season since it tends to be a blur and you can only parse it into overall impressions, or a minefield of spoilers if you're either only partway through or are trying to be self disciplined, but don't want to feel left behind.

I pretty much forced myself to wait a week between episodes of 'The Witcher', which was a much better viewing experience, but made discussion a disappointment since by the time I was done, everyone else had already binged through the whole thing months back and had moved onto other things.

kitik likes this.
  9. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd be 100% down for this. Weekly discussions make shows so much more interesting.

KennyB likes this.
  10. The Wormhole

I'm not really sure it would be practical though. In the threads for the first three seasons, a complaint many had were people who read the books bringing in spoilers and plot information from later books. I imagine that risk would only be amplified when you're trying to limit to a certain early point in a season which has its entirety available for viewing.

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Speaking as someone who has read all the books, I can't see that as being a problem. You just ask at the top of the thread that anyone that wants to bring that up episode to episode either do so in spoiler tags, or better yet take it to the "spoilers all" megathread, separate from the proposed "Weekly Watch" thread.

Honestly though, going episode to episode doesn't open a lot of opportunities to discuss the book vs show angle since the books aren't episodic and the show always adapts and condenses the material so it stands on it's own. The only way you can talk about it is in the broad sweep on the season long arcs, not so much the minutia, which again is the kind of thing more suited to the megathread.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  12. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

I assume "Gaugemela" should be "Gaugamela"? The decisive battle of Alexander the Great's invasion of the Persian Achaemenid Empire in 331 BCE took place at Gaugamela also known as Arbela.

13. KennyB

Makes sense........I copied and pasted the info, so it's a typo if so. Would make sense though considering Marco's rise.

EDIT: It has been corrected on WGA site :techman:

Asbo Zaprudder likes this.
  14. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

They should hire me as their proofreader. ;)

KennyB likes this.
  15. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't suppose Amazon will ever release their seasons on BluRay. I've got S1-3 on disk, and I'd certainly like a complete physical copy of the whole series when it's over.

David cgc likes this.
  16. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ditto. I keep checking and hoping:(

17. The Wormhole

Nothing announced yet, but I'd be surprised if it didn't happen. For a precedent, the only other Amazon show I pay attention to is Jack Ryan, which has its DVD/Blu-ray releases about nine months or so after the season streams, season 1 streamed at the end of August 2018 and was released on physical media early June 2019. Season 2 streamed at the end of October 2019 and is due to be released on physical media early August 2020. So, assuming The Expanse follows a similar model, since season 4 streamed mid December 2019, it could be on physical media mid-to-late September 2020.

Forbin likes this.
  18. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

That'd be nice. I don't follow physical media as closely as I used to, but last I heard (which was a while ago), Amazon didn't do physical releases of their exclusives at all.

19. The Wormhole

After doing a quick search, I see that it is pretty rare. In addition to Jack Ryan the only other Amazon show which has a physical release that I've found is Good Omens.

Still, I would think there'd still be a market for physical releases. After all, they make a convenient promotional tool, particularly for returning shows. "Like what you see? Subscribe to our service to see the new season now."

20. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

The greatest tv show ever, the Grand Tour was weekly.