The Expanse season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RAMA, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

As The Wormhole said, on the bridge of the science ship:
    [​IMG]

2. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Wrong.

But if untagged spoilers are OK here, I'm out.

3. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

No wonder people never recognise Superman as Clark Kent without the glasses :)

NCC1701 likes this.
  4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The linked post is speculation, no actual spoilers.

5. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

The so-called ‘speculation’ references events that happen in the books but have not yet happened in the show, gratuitously revealing them (I presume - as otherwise the post makes absolutely no sense,
    as both characters are dead, kind of
    ).

6. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

No, they're not OK. Spoilers, including those from the books, should be in spoiler code. The alternative for those wishing to discuss them would be to start a separate, clearly marked thread where they can discuss them uncoded.

7. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Again, we went thru this with Game of Thrones. Didn't the book people finally start their own thread, and leave the HBO people to themselves.?

8. Mr Awe

That would seem to be the simplest solution for everyone.

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, to be fair, I gave that particular spoiler away in the season 1 discussion thread, and everyone shit bricks because of it, so it's definitely known among everyone who bothered with that thread anyway.

10. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

Haven't even finished the second book yet. In fact, with Bobbi and Avasarala only just now leaving Mao's ship, we're barely through the halfway point.

Which is good. Because the second half of Book 2 has a lot on the menu for us. More than enough to fill an entire season.

PlainSimpleJoel likes this.
  11. Crazy Eddie

I'm gonna have to go with wormhole on this one. If you need the events of the story to be a complete surprise in order to enjoy them, then you're not going to enjoy the story anyway. MOST science fiction stories follow familiar enough patterns that you can basically tell what's going to happen half an hour before it does. Hell, the entire dramatic core of any good story has a predictable ending (the protagonist is going to win somehow). So even if the ending is still totally obvious, the spoilers are in the details:

"The Titanic is going to hit an iceberg and sink." is not a spoiler...
    That Jack drowns and Rose survives and emigrates to America under an assumed name
    .... is.

I've read Caliban's War at least three times. I knew six episodes ago what was going to happen to the Arboghast and what was going to happen in the cargo bay. And I still jumped out of my shorts when Alex's camera feed flashed on the Protomonster for the first time.

It is an ancient and well known pass time of human beings to ask one another to respect the complaints of crybabies. I do respect your request, but I'm probably going to ignore it.
    :beer:

Clarissa Mao was mentioned in the show. TWICE. The references to what Clarissa Mao's actual role might be in future stories was encapsulated in spoiler tags, with the speculation being that the aforementioned sister might actually make appearance in Season 2, played by the same actress.

I don't actually know how the series will deal with the protomolecule after this point. Enough things have changed and enough things are different that my curiosity is percolating like a giant pot of coffee. It's like watching a historical drama based on events you actually lived through and wondering just how much of it the producers actually got right. The ultimate fate of Jules Pierre Mao is one example: regardless of how they dealt with him in the books, I have a nagging suspicion that he is going to wind up getting killed and/or eaten by one of his own protomonsters.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  12. Mr Awe

You're not going to post uncoded spoilers in this thread. If you want to discuss spoilers from the books, start another clearly marked thread elsewhere.

Some of us just don't want to be spoiled. So, just start your own thread. OK?

You can scoff at this but you're looking silly because there's such an easy solution where you can continue to discuss spoilers to your heart's content.

Mr Awe

Stevil2001 and Beagleman like this.
  13. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

This! A thousand times, this. Why be an utter asshole and ruin other people's entertainment. Is being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole that much fun?

Stevil2001 likes this.
  14. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Indeed. When I read a certain thing that is come, I thought that could be the finale - but that will be awesome to see when season 3 is on.

15. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's gotta be the most ridiculous statement on the whole of TrekBBS.com. :cardie:

16. Skipper

Skipper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^As you said.

17. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

Surely it would make sense - if there are reportedly spoilers in the thread already and that these spoilers aren't going to magically evaporate - that the people who don't want spoilers from the books or informed predictions based on the books, start their own No Spoiler thread?

18. Crazy Eddie

Not that you could fucking stop me, so check your attitude, friend.

So far I haven't, and have otherwise enjoyed discussing the TV series based fairly loosely on a novel series that I also very much enjoyed. Up until now I actually HAVEN'T posted any untagged spoilers, but the temptation to break protocol and totally ruin your year grows slightly every time you bitch about it.

19. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Warning for trolling. Comments to private msg.

crookeddy likes this.
  20. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The main issue with the pace, is that when coupled with the extremely low ratings, it becomes almost certain that we will never get to see the end of this story...

Crazy Eddie likes this.