News The Disney+ (The New Streaming Service) Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Dec 22, 2018.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

From the bit I've seen and what I've read, the 90s Iron Man cartoon has the same problem as the 90s FF cartoon, in that the first 13 episodes are pretty much garbage, but the second half gets a lot better. Hulk I don't know much about, except I wasn't super impressed by the first episode, and She-Hulk becomes a regular in the second half of the series.

2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Not as good as X-Men and Spiderman but enjoyable nonetheless. The animation quality and stories also improve in later seasons. You might as well watch the Fantastic Four series while you are at it since they crossover with them sometimes.

3. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking of the Simpsons player, aren’t the 4:3 episodes supposed to be coming out this month?

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think so, yeah.

Cool, I might have to check them out then.
    I was already planning on checking out the FF series.

5. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So apparently it's national streaming day or something? I guess we can expect a few announcements or previews today:

[​IMG]

And the first D+ announcement is ...

[​IMG]

It's described as "unscripted".

The description released for the series reads:
    Muppets Now is The Muppets Studio’s first original series for Disney+. In the six-episode season, Scooter rushes to make his delivery deadlines and upload the brand-new Muppet series for streaming. They are due now, and he’ll need to navigate whatever obstacles, distractions, and complications the rest of the Muppet gang throws at him.

Strangely, it looks like it won't quite be a "global" launch, as this was tweeted:
    #MuppetsNow will be available July 31 in the U.S., Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and India.

Not sure if it'll be available on other platforms/channels/networks or just later for the folks in the rest of Europe.

6. thribs

I expect a release date for Mando season 2.

7. kitik

-the 9/12 sneak peak was a "special look" at Artemis Fowl

-the 9:30/12:30 announcement was that the original aspect ratio Simpsons are finally coming on May 28, and then the Maggie Simpson short "The Longest Daycare" is coming on May 29

-just as a guess, the 10:30/1:30 first look will probably be for something along the lines of Earth To Ned or perhaps more likely, The Secret Society of Second Born Royals

8. thribs

There is already a Simpsons short on the uk one. Is this a new one?

9. kitik

This is actually an older one. The one that showed up on April 10 was "Playdate With Destiny" which is a brand new one that they just made this year which (briefly) played in the theaters in front of Onward.

This other one, "The Longest Daycare" came out way back in 2012 and played in front of Ice Age 4 in theaters. It even got nominated for an Oscar for Best Animated Short.

10. kitik

It was 2 photos from Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe.

11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I'm looking forward to that, even if I've had issues with the last several takes on the Muppets over the years.

...but I still want The Muppet Show! :p

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I'm one of the few people who was OK with their last show. I definitely didn't come close to the best of their stuff, but I enjoyed it.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

May 28? Why does that ring a bell...?

Speaking of HBO Now, they have something called The Not So Late Show with Elmo, presumably aimed at a younger audience though it looks like it might have some winks in there for the grown-ups.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think you mean HBO Max, HBO Now is the streaming only version of just HBO.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

What a great name they chose. No confusion at all. :lol:

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

oops, of course

17. kitik

Tons of new stuff this week, highlighted by a new SparkShort, the technology episode of Disney Gallery The Mandalorian that's the one everyone has been waiting for, all 15 episodes of The Big Fib, and all 10 episodes of Zenimation, which arrived relatively unheralded. (It seems like a great thing to plop your kids in front of and hope they fall asleep.) Plus Fantastic Mr Fox and a bunch of other older stuff too.

Not a bad week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile, in other countries, the UK got Night At The Museum, a bunch of Marvel Rising episodes, and one of the other old SparkShorts that they didn't have yet. Italy got Tron Legacy!

Honestly, a pretty good week for Disney+.

18. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I installed it, watched a few episodes of Mandalorian, and deleted it. Mandalorian was just ok, but the service was the problem, apparently, my Samsung did not like the app very much (no it wasn't my internet, I have 600Mbps speed).

RAMA

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do you have a gaming system? I use my PS4 and haven't had any serious issues. It does occasionally freeze up, but I'm not entirely sure if that's the program, my system, or my internet.

20. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Surprised to hear you had issues with your Samsung. My 3 year old Samsung 4K handles it without issue. Bad install? Weird...