The death of Admiral Forrest in "The Forge"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Delta Vega, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Noname Given

Noname Given Vice Admiral Admiral

To be fair, most actors like material that CHALLENGES them AS an actor. Adm. Forrest probably wasn't that challenging of a character to play, so I'm not surprised he'd pick other characters (like Klingons) that he found more challenging to play.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    sekundant and Terok Nor like this.
  2. Jedman67

Jedman67 Commodore Commodore

https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/
    This will let you embed google photos

Flickr will let you store up to 1,000 photos free, and should be able to embed directly. There's also https://postimages.org/ but I cannot say how reliable they are.

sekundant likes this.
  3. sekundant

sekundant Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thank you very much @HopefulRomantic and @Jedman67 for your great help! Sometimes I think Roddenberry's future vision is too optimistic, then real life let me hope again, we can built it together. People help each other without quid pro quo. Thank you!

So here we are with Mr. Armstrong featuring our ENT uniforms and all our teeth!

[​IMG]

4. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commander Red Shirt

Which one are you ?

:)

5. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

I wasn't aware they had regained their senses. (sort of)

Thanks!

[SIZE=4]sekundant, NICE HAT!!![/SIZE]

sekundant likes this.
  6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Vice Admiral Premium Member

Anyone who thinks Forrest is bland, is probably comparing him (consciously or unconsciously) to all the other corrupt and downright insane Admirals we saw on Star Trek (with a few exceptions).

I liked Forrest. He's the type of superior officer you'd want in your corner in the "early days" of space exploration.

HopefulRomantic and sekundant like this.
  7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indeed. We're so used to seeing evil Admirals that we can't handle it when a good one comes along.

Although this is a symptom of a larger problem, really: the idea that there can't be any true heroes anymore, that every character (Admiral or not) has to have some evil in them. Those few characters who are truly, unquestionably good people are always written off as bland. It's sad, really, but what can you do. :sigh:

Ar-Pharazon likes this.