The Captain is dead, long live the Captain.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Abi Smith, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

I`ll try and track down some of this Trek fandom stuff, I`ve never been big on novels or fan fiction stuff, not a big reader, I suppose stuff like this is readily available in bona fide bookstores or somewhere like Forbidden Planet stores ?

2. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know what Forbidden Planet is, but Trek novels you can find at bookstores, like Barnes and Noble. Though the best bet would be to go to Amazon and/or buy them for Kindle or Nook. Barnes and Noble mostly carries the more recent novels and The Good that Men Do is several years old now.

3. Delta Vega

Thanks DK
    Forbidden Planet is obviously a UK based store which specializes in Comics, Graphic Novels, Models from all the major film and TV franchises like Star Trek, Star Wars etc, not just science fiction.

4. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You're welcome. Thanks for letting me know about Forbidden Planet. The US comic book stores I've visited/patronized usually don't have Star Wars, Star Trek novels, and the one that does come to mind, had older, like used novels.

While I'm recommending ENT novels, I've only read several, but I thought Last Full Measure (which takes place during ENT Season 3) was the best ENT novel I've read thus far. The Good That Men Do was also very good. The follow-up to that, Kobayashi Maru, wasn't as good to me. I couldn't get into the Romulan War books. I tried to read the first novel but didn't get far. I've also read the first two ENT (Rise of the Federation) novels, from Christopher Bennett, that take place after the Romulan War, and I thought those were good.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  5. Delta Vega

I`ll have a look for those titles
    I`m sure Forbidden Planet will have an online presence, its a really good store for all ages, from nerd kids to super nerd adults

DarKush likes this.