The Ahsoka series is coming.

Reverend said:
Yeah I remember having this argument back I think when TFA was released, and people were complaining about the implication that Han was low-key force sensitive.
There is no such implication.

There is no such implication.

What do you call free-handing a drop out of hyperspace through a millisecond-long window or shooting a stormtrooper that was directly behind that he never saw and could've barely heard without even seeming to notice he did it?

What do you call free-handing a drop out of hyperspace through a millisecond-long window or shooting a stormtrooper that was directly behind that he never saw and could've barely heard without even seeming to notice he did it?
Timing.

As for the hyperspace thing, that's Abrams for you. He did essentially the same thing in Into Darkness
Well, it's not like the TOS heroes never did one in a million shots.

Or Luke Skywalker, for that matter.
Reminds me a bit of the character Vin from the first Mistborn book. She thinks she has "luck" but it's actually a magical power.

Could still be any one of the previously-seen numbered siblings.

Or someone entirely new. Either way works.

Last edited:
Timing.

Reminds me a bit of the character Vin from the first Mistborn book. She thinks she has "luck" but it's actually a magical power.
The ironic thing with Han is that I'm pretty sure if he ever actually thought for one second that he was using the force, it would stop working. The key to his success is his blind trust in his luck, and that he never really thinks too hard about what he's doing. Basically everything a Jedi trains all their life for, but he just stumbles into it sideways.

THREEPIO
Sir, the possibility of successfully
navigating an asteroid field is
approximately three thousand, seven
hundred and twenty to one.

HAN
Never tell me the odds!
. . .
HAN
Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! Where?
BOBA FETT
YAAAAAHHHH <THUD>
. . .

REY
From inside the hangar? Is that even possible?
Han
I never ask that question 'till after I've done it.
Could still be anyone of the previously seen numbered siblings.

Or someone entirely new. Either way works.
I suspect it's someone new. The only similarity to Eighth Brother is the faceplate, and it's not *that* similar. The helmet for example is a totally different shape.

Incidentally, it looks like he's being played by Paul Darnell, who previously worked as a stunt performer on BoBF and Mando. So he's not likely to be much of a character, just a disposable goon.

Last edited:
The ironic thing with Han is that I'm pretty sure if he ever actually thought for one second that he was using the force, it would stop working. The key to his success is his blind trust in his luck, and that he never really thinks too hard about what he's doing. Basically everything a Jedi trains all their life for, but he just stumbles into it sideways.
Douglas Adams would approve.

I suspect it's someone new. The only similarity to Eighth Brother is the faceplate, and it's not *that* similar. The helmet for example is a totally different shape.

Incidentally, it looks like he's being played by Paul Darnell, who previously worked as a stunt performer on BoBF and Mando. So he's not likely to be much of a character, just a disposable goon.
I suspect you're right.

Ah, curse this need for connecting everything! Even when it would ultimately hurt the story.

The thing is, the entire sequel trilogy does this sort of thing - breaks the implied rules of the OG Star Wars sandbox whenever it feels like it. From tiny ships with cloaking devices to never-before-seen hyperspace ramming and lightspeed skipping, and I don't think our takeaway is supposed to be that Poe and Holdo are using the Force.

The thing is, the entire sequel trilogy does this sort of thing - breaks the implied rules of the OG Star Wars sandbox whenever it feels like it. From tiny ships with cloaking devices to never-before-seen hyperspace ramming and lightspeed skipping, and I don't think our takeaway is supposed to be that Poe and Holdo are using the Force.
If they are only "implied rules" then I don't see them being broken. I see them expanding upon the sandbox.

It's just me, but it feels like "you're playing with the sandbox wrong." type argument.

Well here's a thing I've already spent way too much time wondering about.
4fm97nY.png

So far as I can make out, this isn't any known script. Definitely not McQuarrie script, nor does it seem to match the other unknown script from the volcanic ash ruins. Some similarities with Mando'a and a few from the SJTs, but nothing I can match 1:1. Only reason it jumped out at me is because it's the only script in this entire design. If it were just decorative you'd expect it to be all over the circumference.

On the plus side I finally figured out what the 'V' patches of Ahsoka & Hera's flight jackets are: they're "victory decals", like the kind you find all over Rebel flight helmets (including Luke's.)
GDdiNq8.png

Honestly I'm annoyed it took me this long to recognise them.
The inclusion of the chromatically inverted Open Circle fleet icon is still a curious one. Did the New Republic effectively re-activate old Republic Navy units, or pay visual homage to them? Wouldn't those units have been legacy'ed into the Imperial Navy and thus have been the very units they'd been fighting up until Jakku? Also, how would any of that fly with the Alliance worlds that were on the Separatist side of the Clone Wars? Did the NR resurrect old Separatist Alliance military iconography too?

Last edited:
or someone else plays them with the mask off.

There's a theory that Morgan Elsbeth might be another survivor of the Nightsister massacre. The way she activates the map, there's a green flame, just like the Nightsister Magiks.

Also apparently back during Mando Season 2, one of the hair artists on the show called her 'one of the last survivors of Dathomir' on Instagram.

I want to say she doesn't look like a Dathomirian... but I suppose there would be ways around that.

This site, for whatever reason, says she's a Ming Po. It looks like tie-in material must have claimed she was the sister of a character from a TCW episode.

Last edited:
Ashley Eckstein told Cinema Blend that she thinks it's crucial to watch Clone Wars, Rebels, and even Tales of the Jedi to fully appreciate Ahsoka:

I actually recommend to everyone who is excited about the upcoming Ahsoka series, I highly recommend that you take the time to watch Clone Wars, and watch Star Wars Rebels, and even Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi. Because if you don't, you're going to miss out on crucial, crucial backstory that you really need to know to fully enjoy the Ahsoka series, which is so exciting.
We're gonna get so many new and incredible stories, but without that backstory, and full understanding of who Ahsoka is and even who the other characters are, you're not going to have as rich or in-depth of an understanding and appreciation of what's going to happen in the series without the backstory, so I'm very grateful that Clone Wars and Rebels and Tales of the Jedi are on Disney+. Any chance I get, I tell fans, 'Go and watch it and binge it before you watch the Ahsoka series. It's really gonna matter.'
And then Clone Wars and Rebels and even Tales of the Jedi in general... You know, at some point, most Star Wars fans go back and watch the movies. They watch Episodes IV, V, and VI, and I, II and III. Well now, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels, they're a part of that timeline. It's part of the story. It's part of the overall trajectory and journey of these characters, so without watching those series, you're kind of missing out. They're all connected. I highly recommend that fans watch them.​

Back