The Ahsoka series is coming.

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Mach5, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I mean not for nothing; the title graphic has "ancient Jedi world-between-worlds type craziness" written all over it. I don't think this is going to be the "search for Ezra" show I think some people are expecting...

Turtletrekker likes this.
  2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That film sounds like it's set Post-TROS.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Seems like it could be either at this point; one the one hand "future era", but on the other hand: "T-65". We'll just have to wait for clarification.

4. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Doubtful. Who would be the antagonist after the fall of the "Final Order"?

This one is set during the Galactic Civil War.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Hondo? ;)

Jinn likes this.
  6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Who or Whatever they want it to be. They’ll make something new.

LucasFilm said the movie will move the saga into the future era of the galaxy.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  7. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Seen as they have Ewan & Hayden back.... do it. Just de-age them all a little. A live action scene of Obi Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka in the Clone Wars would be amazing

8. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

We better get Hondo in live action soon.

HotRod likes this.
  9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Honestly, with the way Rise of Skywalker ended, I doubt there would really be a new era of peace and prosperity like the movie implied. The First Order had effectively conquered the known galaxy and had eliminated any and all friendly governments that may have existed. With them gone, there's no one to govern, and the Resistance is a military force with no political leadership at all. I can think of plenty to keep a fighter squadron busy in that setting.

That said, I agree this movie isn't likely to be set post Rise of Skywalker.

10. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the “a future era of the galaxy” quote seems to make post TROS quite likely in my eyes. There has been much debate on which type of X-Wing we see in the logo. But in the end I doubt they put much thought into what silhouette they used.

11. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

This move was telegraphed by the hiring of Dawson, so I'm not really surprised; just pleased. You don't double-down on a actress of Dawson's caliber for one episode without the promise of something bigger. I'm very much looking forward to this series too.

USS Firefly and jackoverfull like this.
  12. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bring on the live-action Ahsoka!

Also I think her show is set during The Mandalorian timeline.

jackoverfull likes this.
  13. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

Yup. Ahsoka, The Mandalorian, and Rangers will all build to a shared event.

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm watching Clone Wars because of the character. I'm about 7 episodes into season 3 and the last one I saw was Ahsoka having visions of Padme's assassination. It was actually one of the better episodes I've seen, and I've been kind of struggling with the series since I started.

15. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Hang in there. It’ll pay off.

16. tomalak301

I'm looking forward to more of the Jedi spiritual stuff. I've been told that this series reveals the origins of the Force, which is something I've always wondered about, so yeah I will stick with it. It's just that I'm still getting prequel vibes from this show, and it's kind of boring for the most part. Also, the Battle Droids are annoying.

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

You're almost over the hump. Mid season 3 is kind of a turning point in a lot of ways

Just to manage expectations though: "getting into the origins of the force" is kind of overstating it. It'd be more accurate to say that it gets more into the nature of the force...or rather certain aspects of it. The Mortis arc in particular is pretty much 100% allegory, and decoding the meaning can lead to some interesting insights.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  18. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe Grysk invasion of the New Republic with a shared series events bringing together Mando/Ahsoka/Rangers/etc... similar to what happened in the old Expanded Universe with the Yuuzhan Vong(which are sorta what the Grysk are inspired by anyway) where it brought together the Jedi Academy, Stackpole/Allston's x-wing/wraith squadron characters/and other book characters into a central joined plot.

19. tomalak301

So we don't have a flashback to some random person (or people) discovering this new power? That's a bummer. That's kind of what I was looking forward to.

20. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

No. That's what been more in the comics.