The aesthetic of the post-Nemesis Trek Universe

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Danlav05, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

The window can be brushed off as a mid-23rd Century fad.

The Picard Series should have as much in common visually with Discovery as we have in common with the Civil War Era... I say that, then I see some of the weird facial hair out there lately.

2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I honestly don't care if a ship has a window or not. It doesn't bother me.

3. Abi Smith

Abi Smith Commander Red Shirt

Remember when the transparent aluminium in the Enterprise D's ceiling shattered, ah the memories...

4. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

I've only seen Nemesis once.

That is a much better ending. More memorable, anyways, since I barely remember how the real movie ended.

I just had to post to say out *out of place* the red doors look here. Out of all the bridges and versions that *should* have had red doors, THIS is where they show up? Smh.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    picardjean-luc likes this.
  5. Jesse1066

Jesse1066 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Enterprise-A and Enterprise-C had red doors too, and the Enterprise-E had them from its first appearance in First Contact.

6. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I can't believe no one's mentioned this yet, so I will. Do you think we'll see the Enterprise-F?

picardjean-luc likes this.
  7. Rick Sternbach

Rick Sternbach Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks for the thumbs up. It ain't my sandbox; "they" know where to find me and a few others, if they want to expand their legacy contacts beyond Eaves. - Rick

mos6507 and Tuskin38 like this.
  8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

In Star Trek Online, that launched in 2410. While that isn't canon I suppose it could be possible for it to be around 10 years earlier. It all depends on the fate of the Enterprise E. In STO it was destroyed a few prior by the Undine (Species 8472) and even then it was coming to its end of its life, with the F coming anyway.

9. thribs

I think the novel also ended that way but I prefer the idea of Worf becoming the XO.

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The location of the bridge is awful. Putting a window there at least gives them a tiny smidgen of justification for the location.

11. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder who picked Eaves, Kurtzman or Fuller?

Eaves has been on since Fuller was around since Eaves has said he got the ship direction from him.

12. thribs

Yeah, Fuller was the one who gave Eaves those weird directions on what the ships should look like, according to the interviews in the Eaglemoss magazines. Fuller is supposed to be a Trek fan so I don’t understand why he wanted everything to look so radically different.

13. Xon-Ur

Xon-Ur Lieutenant Red Shirt

It would be hysterically frustrating if the designs of the Picard era show look like STD's designs should have. Maybe the 25th century Starfleet is feeling nostalgic for the late 23rd century.

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Yes but which civil war there have been many throughout history. ;)

Lord Garth likes this.