The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I took a picture of it, you can see the FYE sticker. I just learned this thing runs for quite a bit more online!

[​IMG]

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing the picture.

Yeah, the Old Republic Trooper can fetch a hefty amount on eBay.

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Congrats on the score. My FYE has never carried Star Wars, unfortunately. They do carry some Doctor Who figures, and some of NECA's video game stuff, but that's about it.

4. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got the big ass VC Endor AT-AT. I know it's not accurate, but it looks amazing stood there with Luke hanging from it.

5. cooleddie74

^
    That hasn't even hit American stores yet! You're in the UK, right?

Our Toys "R" Us stores are supposed to carry the Vintage Collection Endor AT-AT but so far none of them are on shelves and domestic collectors over here are being led to think it'll be a spring 2013 release. Right now we still have plenty of unsold Millennium Falcons and MTT Droid Transports in the aisles taking up space.

Congrats! I'd love to see some pics if you can take them!

6. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, there's loads of them here. It was on 'sale' at £80 which for UK prices, is actually not that bad.

We have the MTT but no Falcons.

7. cooleddie74

My store still has one or two leftover Hoth AT-ATs from the beginning of the Vintage Collection line in late 2010. I wonder if they'll even have room for the Endor Walker without getting rid of the Hoth ones. There just isn't enough available space with those big Falcons and MTTs.

8. OdoWanKenobi

This stuff isn't usually my bag, but this review is making me really consider picking up that Jaina Solo statue. It's just so darn adorable.

9. cooleddie74

I love that Bishoujo statue....she's so damn cute it's ridiculous! :p She reminds me of MSNBC anchor Chris Jansing. Seriously, compare the two. One of Jansing's online nicknames is "The Living Anime."

Since the chances of seeing Jaina and her brother in 3.75" plastic action figure format again anytime soon are close to nil this Kotobukiya statue is probably the best bet for any Jaina Solo fan to get something that looks like her, even if it's artistic license.

10. OdoWanKenobi

If Hasbro was smart, they would stick Jacen and Jaina in the Legacy line (or whatever it's going to be, now.) I think those are repacks that nobody would mind. Seriously, did anybody find those?

11. cooleddie74

I know a few online friends who found one or both Solo kids, but since they were in a Toys "R" Us-exclusive wave of figures that wasn't shipped in very heavy quantities they were missing in action for most folks. I'd like to see them on Vintage Collection cardbacks when the line returns with new figures....just repack the 2009 figures on Vintage cards with interpretive artwork of the characters on the fronts and I'm sure they'd sell like hotcakes. All the Expanded Universe figures in the Vintage line are bestsellers.

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm still hoping for the Solo kids as well, as mentioned way back near the start of the thread, I'm a big Jaina fan :)

13. cooleddie74

If Hasbro doesn't want to rerelease them individually on separate cardbacks then do an exclusive 2-pack called "The Solo Children" or something similar and give the pack to Toys "R" Us or Target for a $19.99 MSRP. Just take the 2009 figures, slap them in a cool-looking window box with their original accessories, put a brief bio of them on the back and stick them on a shelf. They'll sell.

14. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

I started, and most likely finished, my collecting of Firefly figures over the holidays. I got Kaylee, Wash, Inara and Shepard Book. I already had the three piece Mal/Jayne/River Serenity set. I say most likely finished because the other figures are out of production and incredibly hard to find or if you can find them they are quite pricey.

15. cooleddie74

Firefly figures? Pics! We want pics, please! :cool:

16. OdoWanKenobi

I remember there being a couple of Mal and Jayne figures released by Diamond Select around the time of the movie. I also remember them being really terrible, sadly. :(

17. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I think he's talking about the anime-ish maquettes out now and the PVC set that came out alongside the Diamond select figures for the movie.

18. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah that's what I meant. I know, not actually action figures or toys but they are still collectibles and really cool. I was just surprised to learn Firefly collectibles even existed because the show is kind of niche.

19. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I lol'ed at "Cartman Skywalker." :lol:

20. OdoWanKenobi

^Yeah, Michael Crawford's reviews are always worth a read, even when I have no interest in the item he's reviewing. He's always really good at talking about the strengths and weaknesses of an item, and takes some great photos, too.