The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Hmm, actually that Avengers pack is a perfect mix of figures that I already have and figures that I have no interest in. Easy pass, then.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The SW Saga Legends set has some good army builders in it...$25 is a pretty Sweet deal for more Imperial troopers, Clones and droids to flesh out your ranks.

3. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

WOOT!

I just got a Star Wars MTT carrier for free. I don't even collect Star Wars so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. It is a nice piece though.

4. cooleddie74

WOW! Congrats, man...how did you do that? I had to spent about $150 for mine! Did you win a contest or know somebody who just gave it to you for free?

Did your MTT come in the unopened box with all 21 of the action figures that comes with it (Obi-Wan and the twenty Battle Droids)?

5. Gotham Central

Yeah its new and unopened. I attended an event were it was one of the many prizes.

6. cooleddie74

That is an amazing score...many congrats. There are SW collectors who'd saw off their left arm to get their hands on the MTT Transport. The $150 pricepoint either turns many off or is out of their reach.

What do you think of it?

7. OdoWanKenobi

I demand pics!

8. cooleddie74

Same here, though I get the feeling he might leave it in the box and sell it...which is cool. I'm almost tempted to buy it off of him so I can have a second vehicle. :devil:

9. cooleddie74

Look at the selection in one of the Walmart Black Friday 8-Packs!

[​IMG]

All six new figures in Wave 2 of Movie Heroes including both Light-Up Jedi! If some of you could never find this wave (very likely given 2012 distribution) this might be the time to make a big score, and for just $3.13 per figure before tax!

10. OdoWanKenobi

No! No mommy! Keep the Phantom Menace figures away! No! No more Phantom Menace figures!

11. cooleddie74

:lol:

I know...I sympathize. But these are Episode I figures collectors actually want and have been trying to get their hands on. Wave 2 of Movie Heroes was like so many other assortments this past year: rarer than hen's teeth and ten times as valuable on eBay.

12. Gotham Central

Wow...who knew those wave 2 figures were valuable. At the same event they were giving away those same figs to the attendees. The R2D2 is so awesome. It light up and makes his sounds. I scored a Vader

OK I just looked at ebay and apparently they gave us special variants and the R2D2 was RARE! I had one in my hands and I gave it away!

See this I why I don't collect Star Wars. I don't know what I'm doing

13. Gotham Central

Well its technically a Phantom Menace piece so I have even less interest in it personally. But it is cool as far as Star Wars toys go.

I certainly will not take it out of the box to investigate it further.

See why can't I have this kind of luck when it comes to things I actually collect like say DC/Marvel figures :scream:

Between the value of this thing and some of the figures, i could get a new Hot Toy

14. cooleddie74

The repack of the 2008 electronic Millennium Falcon in new Vintage Collection packaging costs $249.99 at Toys "R" Us (it's currently a store exclusive). I love the Falcon and Vintage packaging is a sheer work of art that makes me drool, but I'm not shelling out 250 bucks for it. The 2008 version in Legacy Collection packaging cost just $140, so essentially you're paying for the thing being a limited store exclusive and the classic-looking old school box.

No thank you. It's pretty gorgeous, though.

[​IMG]

15. MHT1138

MHT1138 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is an awesome thread! I have a very small collection of action figures. I'll have to dig out my Jane Austen action figure and post a picture of it on here. It comes with a writing desk!

16. cooleddie74

Any pics you have of any action figures or other toys you collect - however few and however small the collection might be - are more than welcome here. Post away!

17. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I've got one of those "D'oh!" stories regarding the Millennium Falcon.
    :brickwall:

Just before Hasbro unveiled the 2008 Falcon, my local Target still had the original (Kenner) version that I think was re-released in 2004 or so. To make room for the new ones, they slashed the 2004 Falcon down to just 20 bucks. I took a pass on it because I just didn't have any room left in my house for it.

As fate would have it, I moved into a bigger house less than a year later with plenty of storage space.

To this day, not getting that 2004 Falcon is high on my toy regret list...

18. cooleddie74

2004? Sounds like it might have been the black and silver Original Trilogy Collection ship that was in stores when the original films first came out on DVD.

19. OdoWanKenobi

I've always wanted to pick up the BMF. I've never really had the room or the money, though. :(

20. cooleddie74

I'd get the Vintage Toys "R" Us BMF but I can't justify plunking down $250 on one vehicle, awesome box that reminds me of my childhood and two included figures or not. The MTT Transport was a hundred dollars less and came with a whopping 21 pack-in figures even if sixteen of them were little more than statues with poseable heads and right arms.

I'm gonna have to wait until TRU marks down their leftover Falcons to pick one up. If their 2010 Hoth AT-ATs and this year's Death Star Trench Run 2-pack of fighters is any indication they'll have at least a few left to go on sale.