The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, that's what you get when you have a girl who collects dolls and action figures. The two worlds will collide! :lol:

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I wish I had this in my collection. And yes...it's real. :)

[​IMG]

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I now have all the little Avengers figures, and I found a perfect thing to display them in:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The display case was designed for thimble collections. :lol: The little figures fit perfectly, and the center was just the right size for one of my cross stitch pieces.

4. cooleddie74

Looks great, KM! I love how you incorporated your needlework into the display. Nice stuff. :)

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

That looks great, KM. They ought to make a Coulson or Chitauri too, so you can fill in those gaps.

6. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait, like...licensed and for sale real?

7. cooleddie74

Sadly, no.

George Lucas visited The Daily Show a couple of years ago and liked Jon Stewart so much he authorized Hasbro to make a "Stewart Trooper" action figure with interchangeable heads, one clean shaven and the other representing the time when Stewart grew a beard or goatee.

I think only a few of them were ever made. But they're real. They exist.

8. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Awww...mini Hulk is so cute and angry...I love it!

However, why do all of the male characters have giant black eyes like grey aliens, but Black Widow has little normal sized eyes? I ask because Thor's eyes look kind of disturbing in a way that's not nearly as problematic on the other characters. He probably would have looked better with small eyes.

9. cooleddie74

I suppose having Black Widow's eyes smaller is a way to denote "the fairer sex" and make a female character look a little kinder and gentler. Call it a little bit sexist if you like, but it's sexism perpetrated by a toy company with good intentions I suppose. Like a whole lot of people I guess they think that fairer, more slender features make a female toy more believable, even if those features are eyeballs.

10. cooleddie74

Got an extra Vintage Collection Bespin Gown Leia(VC111) today! She's part of the brand new Jar Jar/"Lost Line" wave for those not in the know.

11. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Which Obi-Wan is this? Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith? It's obviously not Phantom Menace, since it has the facial hair.

[​IMG]

12. OdoWanKenobi

If Hasbro truly loved money, they would make that Stewart Stormtrooper available to all. I would buy it, and then buy it again and again and again for all of my friends.

Also, that looks to me like the Episode III Pilot Obi-Wan Figure. Probably the best version of Prequel Obi-Wan made.

13. cooleddie74

Episode III (Slashing Attack) Obi-Wan from 2005. Figure # III-1, the very first basic action figure in the regular Revenge of the Sith line.

I think. Hasbro made so many Episode III Obi-Wans that look similar to one another.

14. OdoWanKenobi

That's certainly not the Slashing Attack version No way, no how.

I'm inclined to believe it's actually the Saga Legends Rerelease of the Episode III Pilot figure. The paint color seems to match better. It's certainly some version of the Pilot figure. That one has been rereleased so many times, since it's just so definitive.

15. cooleddie74

You might be dead right. I've been around these figures for so long a lot of them are just blurs anymore. :p Hasbro has made quite a few Episode III Obi-Wan figures in the 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 lines...I've tried to keep track of the variations in my head but more often than not I have to resort to online photo galleries and references to settle the matter.

This might be him.

16. OdoWanKenobi

I just love how we're debating which version of the same god damn figure this is. Man, we're nerds. :lol:

17. cooleddie74

I know. :lol:

You should see me with my friend at the toy shop. It's a wonder either one of us ever talks to women.

18. OdoWanKenobi

You....you can talk to women? :eek:

Oh great one, please teach me your secrets.

19. cooleddie74

Liquor. Lots of compliments about shoes. Lowered expectations on her part. :D

Stick to those rules and you'll be a Jedi Master in no time.

20. cooleddie74

I hear ya. I'd love to have a few of those just for posing in faux interview situations with actual film characters.

"So, Lord Vader...is it true you look like bacon underneath that armor? Because...no disrespect intended...as you know, all glory to the Emperor and the Empire and all that good stuff. But someone once told me that Darth Vader has very problematic skin.

If you want to mind-strangle me, I'll understand."