The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thank you! This is the longest story I have ever done. And it all started with that one boat picture!

Someone's daughter on Twitter wrote this wonderful fanfiction (there are four parts so far):

https://twitter.com/Manalyzer131/status/1310620429694967810

So I couldn't help illustrating the part with the Kazon in sickbay and Chakotay coming in with his huge phaser:

[​IMG]

KimMH and Avro Arrow like this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Your welcome.

3. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Finally took my Marvel Legends X-Men: Age of Apocalypse / Sugar Man BAF out of their boxes yesterday.

[​IMG]
    Sunfire

[​IMG]
    Weapon X with Alternate Hand - I prefer this to the clawed stump, it makes it look different from the other Wolverine figures

[​IMG]
    Jean Grey

[​IMG]
    Morph

[​IMG]
    Wild Child - found out that the chain accessory clips to the back of the collar, nice detail

[​IMG]
    Nate Grey aka X-Man

[​IMG]
    Dark Beast

[​IMG]
    The Deluxe Apocalypse with the Alternate Head & Hand

[​IMG]
    Class Photo with the Sugar Man BAF

cooleddie74, KimMH and publiusr like this.
  4. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How would Wolverine lose a hand if his body regenerates when damaged?

5. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

In the action figure review I watched, they said that he & Cyclops got into a fight, and Cyclops eye beamed Wolverine's hand off at close range. He has the stump through the AoA storyline, and then, apparently, near the end, the claws come out (the clawed stump is included with the figure) in a fight. So, maybe the stump is just to cover up that his hand has regenerated? I haven't read the story myself, but maybe Weapon X keeps his healing factor a secret?

6. Starfury

Starfury Captain Captain

Star Wars: Rebels-Collage number three. :)

(Click for full size)

[​IMG]

cooleddie74 and CorporalCaptain like this.
  7. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Omo that is so cute! I want someone to lovingly(?) look at me like smelly cheese lol!

8. Astra

That smelly cheese line certainly cracked me up! There were some very good expressions in there. We hope she'll soon be able to continue writing.

Outside it's grey and wet, but on the holodeck it's always summertime! I bought some lovely cakes and also a new table and chairs to go with them for a proper kaffeeklatsch:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It all started with me buying a real brush and dustpan and then the internet offered me this so I couldn't resist.

[​IMG]

9. KimMH

The tiny foods!:adore::adore::adore:

It’s worrisome what google knows about me. And stupid.

We sent a floral arrangement to a family members’ funeral. I’ve since been deluged with ads for funeral flowers. No thanks, this one was bad enough; I’d like not to have to do that again.

10. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I swear I should commission you to construct some "classic series" Doctor Who TARDIS consoles in 1/13th (5.5 inch figure) scale!

11. Starfury

Starfury Captain Captain

I had to google that, but you are right. The console does indeed look like the operation table I made for the blockaderunner bridge there.

12. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmm...? I didn't even catch that. I was praising your skills in general and I think you could make a very nice piece.

I'll have to review the images again as there were several designs throughout the original 1963 to 89 series. Not as radically different as the consoles presented since the 2005 revival, but there were variations.

Update: Ah, I noticed it now. Yeah, all the "classic" consoles had 6 sub-stations which gently slope to a center region where a transparent cylinder bobs up and down filled with lights and greeblies...except the Series 14 console that vaguely resembled a Victorian writing podium (but even it it had 6 sloping sides).

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  13. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Went to the GameStop in Lufkin Sunday afternoon, and found the new Marvel Legends Deluxe Toxin action figure. The store manager said it was the only one that had in stock.

[​IMG]
    Marvel Legends Deluxe Toxin

[​IMG]
    Top & Side of the Box

[​IMG]
    Brief Bio on the Back of the Box

[​IMG]
    Some Assembly Required

[​IMG]
    Toxin

[​IMG]
    Toxin, Close Up

I had this figure on preorder with Big Bad Toy Store's website, but cancelled it when I got home.

cooleddie74 likes this.
  14. Astra

It was actually ebay, so technically it fit my search for broom and brush, just in the wrong size ;)

But yeah, that's something you would not want to be reminded of. Or, as someone else recently said - he bought a bicycle and now is getting all kind of adverts vor bicycles. As if you buy one every month.

There have been some art contest in October and one had the word "Octopus" so I ended up making this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    KimMH, Kai "the spy" and Avro Arrow like this.
  15. Starfury

Starfury Captain Captain

Star Wars: Rebels-Collage number four. :)
    (Click for full size)
    [​IMG]

16. Astra

17. Astra

Happy Halloween from the Voyager team! Neelix is very proud of his pumpkins.

[​IMG]

od0_ital, KimMH, Avro Arrow and 2 others like this.
  18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I NEED THIS AND NOW.

KimMH likes this.
  19. KimMH

:rommie: Almost as long as it took me to get on board that ship !

Happy Halloween! Yes! Neelix is the guy who’d be thrilled to find himself a farmer growing gourds and leola with Dexa. I love to think that they find a home and are happy ever after!

20. Astra

Oh, and I thought I was the last! I started watching for the first time back in March and ended only some weeks ago.

Yeah, he deserves a happy family life!

"Disaster in the kitchen" inspired by a friend on Twitter who by her own words is as bad in the kitchen as Kathryn.

Kathryn is oblivious to the danger of cooking. Fireman Chakotay comes to the rescue and they live happily ever after. But from now on he will do the cooking himself!

PS: I handmade that whisk!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KimMH, Avro Arrow and Kai "the spy" like this.