The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

That's nice. Your very own alien planet set!

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

One month after her release, and a month and a half after my birthday, my Nanea doll arrived!

[​IMG]

1941, Pearl Harbor. I loved her book.

Big Nanea and mini Nanea!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    cooleddie74 and Sibyl like this.
  3. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I pre-ordered the Jaina Solo Black Series figure. It's supposed to ship next month.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Awesome. I understand she's supposed to ship in the next wave assortment of 6" figures. For online orders that probably means October. For brick-and-mortar retail that likely means the summer of 2019.

5. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tonight aftera long wait finally "Gotham" returns with its 4th season. It will be the first season I am goin to watch live and discussing with fellow fans, instead of binge-watching.
    To celebrate this occasion, I did some pictures of Bruce growing up with Alfred.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Astra

Today September 23 is Batman Day! So I did a look into Bruce's future.

[​IMG]

CaptainMurdock likes this.
  7. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

I see a lot of workouts and protein shakes in his future.

8. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Went apple picking today, and took one of my dolls. Emma found some apples for me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were pumpkins, too!

[​IMG]

Sibyl and cooleddie74 like this.
  9. Astra

LOL true!

Oh, you're right! I hadn't even seen it that way yet! Here is one more, the fight with the Gorn:

[​IMG]

cooleddie74, CaptainMurdock and Sibyl like this.
  10. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Found this at an used book store today for $9.
    [​IMG]
    Also got this in the mail.
    [​IMG]

11. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I wish we had a dedicated Lego thread but anyway I made this from a nice kit purchased from the USA.

DSCN0001.JPG DSCN0004.JPG DSCN0005.JPG WP_20171007_15_05_16_Pro.jpg

Tosk and cooleddie74 like this.
  12. cooleddie74

A pretty nice video review of the new Toys 'R' Us-exclusive 6" Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer 2-pack from The Black Series. I have yet to see this set in person but I'm getting the feeling that once it arrives at my local store it'll be fairly easy to pick up. Most TRU Star Wars exclusives are ordered in decent numbers and aren't all that difficult to find in stores once they've had a chance to filter their way through the distribution network. The Ackbar isn't the ROTJ version I prefer but they can reuse his head, forearms and hands if and when they finally get around to making a 6-inch Original Trilogy Admiral Ackbar.

Which they need to.

I mean...duh.

Get on this, Hasbro.

13. Astra

I always admired the round fence in the Gotham police precinct. When I found those round aluminium rings in the craft shop, I finally decided to go for it (wouldn't have known how to do these otherwise). The rest ist just cardboard, and black wire. The handrail was done with several layers of cardboard and smoothed out with Millliput.

It's not exactly screen accurate nor in scale, I simplified it a bit as I did not want to build a complete set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After showing off my customizing work on Twitter, it was even found by someone working in the prop department and she said she was going to show it to the art department. My 5 minutes of fame ;)

[​IMG]

I also illustrated this tweet by Sean Pertwee:

[​IMG]

Kai "the spy" and Sibyl like this.
  14. Sibyl

Not trying to spam, but I can't make up my mind as to what I want to create next, and (Trek) figures and playsets are among my top choices.

Is there any interest in custom Playmates 4.5-inch style figures? Whether it's characters that were never sold (or even fans and behind-the-scenes people?) or perhaps even Playmates-style with more sensible, straight hip joints (but the same proportions, etc). I know there are missing movie-era figs...

Or am I better off working in 7-inch-scale to go with the more modern figures? The thing is, playsets for the 7-inch-scale would be quite a bit larger.

As for other figs, I'm kinda getting tired of Star Wars in general (and from what I've heard about the newest trailer, as with TFA, we've seen TLJ before when it was called The Empire Strikes Back) and I'll be selling my Black Series figures (probably on the FB group dedicated to that). I'll keep my Stormtroopers, but that's about it. Although I like 1:12-scale, and there's so much potential with it, just about everything else that I enjoy is in 1:10-scale.

15. Sibyl

Cross-post!

Awesome! I'm proud of you (and it looks GREAT!). It's always nice when we're given some kudos by the people we admire. :)

16. Astra

Thank you! And yeah, that is true. I hesitated at first to talk about it in here, I don't want to come over as bragging or anything, but yes, a little kudos is always nice.

Remember the pictures I did with Bruce growing up with Alfred? After already commenting and retweeting them on the day I had posted them, Sean did actually upload one of them again the next week, with a different comment. I was asleep at the time when Gotham aired so only found it the next morning. I certainly did not expect that. Guess he liked it then!

[​IMG]

For those of you that actually watch Gotham, I have some new pictures that I did last weekend after watching last week's episode, that had been written by Ben McKenzie.

Bruce and a boy were missing and Alfred looked into the boy's backpack for a glue. He found a golden box that belongs to a museum and so they realized where they were.

[​IMG]

In the second picture, Gordon had arrived at the museum and to get down the bad guy, he tipped over a bookshelf and then the shelves fell like dominos. I really loved that scene!

[​IMG]

And the last picture is Bruce in the museum. I borrowed the sarcophagus and animals from my brother.

[​IMG]

CaptainMurdock likes this.
  17. cooleddie74

A friend just scored the both of us the new Target-exclusive Black Series 6" First Order Stormtrooper Executioner. This is awesome in part because my local Target sold out of their First Order Stormtrooper Executioner figures the weekend of Force Friday and hadn't yet received another shipment. Some of these retailer exclusives are a bigger annoyance to find than the figures that are released to all big box stores.

18. Sibyl

Where did that Ark come from???

19. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

On a quick Google, it looks to be an Indiana Jones piece from Raiders. :)

20. Astra

Yup! I am usually not into this small 3,75" scale but couldn't pass this when I found it in a pound / dollar store. The standing guy is a figure from the original Stargate movie, and the golden thing on the table is actually a Stargate naquadah reactor that is more grey-silver, I photoshopped it golden. A little cheating is allowed, right?

Yesterday I finished the biobed in 1:6 scale! Please hop over to the Arts & Crafts thread for more detailed pictures of how I built it: https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/arts-and-crafts-thread.277378/page-9#post-12221150

[​IMG]