The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Ay plegli ianectu flaggen, tupep like for stahn!"

2. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Some new Transformers were shown recently for the next line, and the new molds are sort of a mixed bag for me. Some of them look really nice, some could go either way (Jazz looks good, but I admit I'd prefer his G1 Porsche to this car), and some kind of meh.

Link

The one I'm most potentially interested in is Rodimus Prime, but I admit I'm seeing issues with this figure. I don't want to seem too harsh or judgmental without getting a better look at the toy; when I first saw the renderings for the TR version of Hot Rod, the angles made him seem too curvy and off from his G1 form. However, TR Hot Rod is actually a very nice figure and not as unfaithful to his predecessor as one might think from the preview art, so it's good to be wrong sometimes. :D

It seems this version of the figure will have both, a Hot Rod that can turn into Rodimus in both forms. That being said, I'm not yet sold. I don't like that the figure looks in some ways like Hot Rod with kibble added, and especially don't like the Prime vehicle mode (something of seen on other renditions and third party elements - an attempt to make a Rodimus where the vehicle is basically Hot Rod's car mode wedged into a trailer). Rodimus' original vehicle design made his robot half a completely different vehicle essentially from Hot Rod's, and while I'd like to have a figure with both personalities, I also wonder if the best option would be to simply do a straightforward Rodimus as the G1 toy did (and a few since).

ETA: Someone managed to get some back views of the new Rodimus mode, and apparently he has a whopping backpack/kibble which is an additional problem form me. :p The pics are about 2/3 down the page.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  3. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

They had one that morphed into SLS--but they hate that too. ;)

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Victoria's Cantina from YouTube and social media reviews the SDCC-exclusive Rey and Jedi Master Luke Skywalker 2-pack of 6" figures based on The Last Jedi. I always enjoy Victoria's reviews.

CaptainMurdock likes this.
  5. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

While this isn't exactly toy related, I just now happened to stumble across this and may order it. :biggrin: I had the fun of attending a national jamboree years ago as a scout, and I admit to being jealous that we didn't have Transformers patches then. :rommie:

2017 Jamboree Patch set

6. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Who am I anyway?"
    (and yes, that is a song quote from "A Chorus Line". Gave me quite an earworm)

Picture for this month's Sixth Scale Universe contest "Seeing double".

[​IMG]

7. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jess has a new outfit!

[​IMG]

My birthday present won't arrive until the end of August- the new American Girl, Nanea. She's from 1941 Honolulu, and her story takes place just before Pearl Harbor. Can't wait to get her!

cooleddie74 likes this.
  8. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That is awesome! Too bad it's just that particular council's patch. At least when I went to Jamboree (1989), the space shuttle was featured on pretty much ALL the patches, both the official jamboree patch and the various council patches.

EDIT: Oh hell. It's probably a good idea I didn't go this year (went to Northern Tier with my son instead!). Take a look here! Lots of cool patches to trade and collect. I love the Monty Python set, and this one featuring the space program.

9. Kira's Mom

New outfit and hobby for Gabby- she's playing the trumpet now. It came with the outfit! :lol:

[​IMG]

cooleddie74 likes this.
  10. Astra

I found these - they are supposed to hold a beer can when you are in the pool but are perfect for 1:6 scale figures! I cut a hole into the bottom of the flamingo so it could be used as a swim ring. There are also other designs available, I saw a swan and a rubber duck and donuts.

[​IMG]

Kira's Mom likes this.
  11. Kira's Mom

I almost bought some of those for my mini American Girls, but they're not supposed to go in the water.

12. Astra

You probably could pose just in front of water, at the shore, while wearing it? Not sure if the inner ring (beer can-sized) would fit your dolls. Do they have swimsuits?

Kira's Mom likes this.
  13. Kira's Mom

Unfortunately, no swimsuits for the minis. There are some available, but they're hella expensive.

14. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

Took a sanity break.

Nothing new to show quite yet, but there's a good chance I'll be doing some dioramas with the figures I have soon.

I will say that I'm disappointed in the way common-scale Star Trek figures are going with fewer and fewer points of articulation, even Diamond Select. I wish they had NECA levels of articulation. :(

That said, I think Hasbro slacked a little on the Black Series, too. Or maybe those figures were never everything they touted them to be.

Anyway, I'll be getting my printer soon, so I'll finally be able to do the refit Enterprise bridge dome to fit the figs. I have this idea to wall mount the segments the way they're laid out in the TMP Blueprints (and The Enterprise Flight Manual).

Now to decide if I'm doing to open or sell this TWOK Saavik.

15. Astra

All of a sudden I had the urge to make a steampunk miniature.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Kira's Mom

New outfit and toy for Melody! Her birthday/school outfit, and a mini (working) Etch-a-Sketch.

[​IMG]

cooleddie74 likes this.
  17. Astra

I think Bones is a bit fed up with me...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Astra

I let myself be scanned so I could take part in my picture stories.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Kira's Mom

Mini Gabby rides a mini scooter!

[​IMG]

Mini doll of new version of Felicity.

[​IMG]

cooleddie74 and Sibyl like this.
  20. Astra

That scooter is beyond awesome! So cute!

Look at that awesome chair I got for my Penguin! I saw it on someone's picture and HAD to have it. Helpful people told me that originally this came with the Morpheus figure from Matrix, but then someone gave me the link to this replica and so I was able to get it much cheaper and without having to buy an expensive figure I don't really want anyway. I am on a shopping spree right now, more awesome things to arrive soon!
    Here Penguin gets painted by van Gogh. In the background you can see my newly built panelled wall and the refurbished chaiselongue I did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also two pictures with the fake rocks that I got from a pet shop. They're meant for the aquarium:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]