The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

^That is brilliant!
(Your Merida is the cutest)

Thank you very much! If you are interested, here are some pictures of how I transformed the Tenth Doctor into Hamlet:

I thinned the sleeves to bare arms and added t-shirt sleeves:

Especially modelling the feet out of putty was no easy task:

And the suit also needed to be changed:

Also, there was some fun going on behind the scenes, with the director yelling at the actors:

What you do when an actor is too small to give a proper hug:

And this guy that was responsible for cleaning the stage, but wishing to be an actor as well:

Went to the Downtown Aquarium this week. They have some cool wall murals.
"Mmmmm, fresh fish."

"Thou shalt not dine here villain, so swear the Avenging Son."

Which reminds me...why exactly was he the avenging son? He was not an Avenger, so what was he avenging?

CCC.

Excellent display! That must have been very tempting. Did you know it was there as you brought the right figures?

I have Klingons now. I didn't even know they existed until I stumbled about them at ebay. Got them even for a reasonable price, apparently they seem to be rare and hard to find.

May I introduce - Kor and Kang!

I love that the Star Trek figures can put their arms also sideways, my Stargate figures don't have such a shoulder joint:

And they also would topple over as they don't have that ankle joint that allows having bended knees and feet still flat at the ground:

Accessories:

And I got a Jack Bauer a while ago with awesome display:

I love when things can be used in other scenes:

Although he has no knee or elbow joints, so is stuck in the gun pose - it's a good pose though, as so far no other figure could hold the gun with two hands, they couldn't bring the arms together enough for it:

And I found another use for this pose as well (the Kirk is the one that fights with Khan):

Even their expressions are fitting:

Excellent display! That must have been very tempting. Did you know it was there as you brought the right figures?

I have Klingons now. I didn't even know they existed until I stumbled about them at ebay. Got them even for a reasonable price, apparently they seem to be rare and hard to find.
Yes. I have one more to post, when Photobucket decides to cooperate.

I also have a few Playmates I am still looking to part with, including some Klingons, mostly the newer ones.

CCC.

Nice color matching! This really looks like at an alien planet.

I also have a few Playmates I am still looking to part with, including some Klingons, mostly the newer ones.
CCC.
If you mean me, nope, no Playmates figures for me, I'll stick to Diamond Select / Art Asylum. I just like the faces better, and the joints probably too.

Also, I have put all my money recently into Wrestling accessories. Who would've thought they have such cool stuff? Here are some first things that arrived, I'm waiting impatiently on the rest:

That's Mary Jane Watson from Spiderman, unfortunately she is too small for one captain and too big for the other:

And I got a leg in cast and crutches, the leg can be opened and put on any leg:

Here's Jack O'Neill modelling it off (customized figure in Air Force Dress uniform)

I wish whoever designs the 3.75" Marvel figures would be assigned to work on the basic Star Wars line. They're made by the same company! And for a few bucks more, there's such a difference in articulation and quality.

Kor

My running theory at the moment is that the 3.75" Star Wars line (primarily the TFA figures since the Walmart-exclusive Black Series figures are still super-articulated and have more sophisticated paint apps and tooling) has been dumbed down not just to please Hasbro's accountants and pad the profits but to help make up for the huge cost Lucasfilm charges for the Star Wars license. I don't agree with it and I think it's only making their Star Wars product worse and a lot less popular with longtime collectors, but the whole situation just stinks of Hasbro trying to protect their bottom line by dumbing down TFA figures to 1980s levels of articulation (even the 1990s POTF2-era figures had waist joints and these new figures don't even have those) to save costs.

Funny how other toy companies with big licenses don't have to do that to their own figures, but then Hasbro has had some pretty incompetent suits running things for the past few years or so. They've dumbed down most of their Star Wars products to make them more friendly to kids, parents and collectors on budgets but then raised prices to higher than they were when you still got better articulation and a lot more plastic inside the packages. And then there's the retail distribution that is still sloppy and results in most new figures in any scale being hard to find in stores.

Reactions: Kor
Had to work this morning. When I got home I noticed a garage sale 2 doors down so I took a look. I got the McFarlane Hunchback playset complete for $5. Will try to take some pics later.

CCC.

Congratulations on your score! It looks so cool! :)

I've never seen that Enterprise before. Who made it?

No idea but it only cost me $14 AU so must be hell cheaper in the USA .

It's called a "light up USS Enterprise" I didn't catch the branding. I just tore open the box. LOL.

Also comes with a small book all about the ship.

I'm not sure how I feel about the prominent "on/off" lettering. It's as if Apollo could have just turned off all the ship's functions with the flick of a big switch instead of just holding it in place. :lol:

Kor

Back