The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Ah, so it's that old. I thought it was a much more recent playset designed to interact with the newer figures. I never collected Ghostbusters toys back in the day so I didn't know they made this. Thanks for clarifying!
Yep a 1987 Kenner original. It would be a miracle if Mattel attempted one of their own since in this generation, playsets are pretty much a rarity. Though it may go well with them. I never really collected any Ghostbusters Merch myself. I mainly got it because I've been collecting miniature buildings to display my figures on and taking pics. lol.

This is what I have worked on the whole weekend. I didn't like the first set of pictures (too cluttered) so made some changes. It's for another competition with the title "Futuristic". It will be in May but I want to show them in here early! And I would like to explain how you can have a futuristic scene with ordinary household things. Looking around and getting inspired of which things to use is my favorite part of creating these.

Those are some really great photo's, I love all the hard work and details you put into that whole setup. We both think alike on using random objects to serve new purposes. Well done. :)

Ah, so it's that old. I thought it was a much more recent playset designed to interact with the newer figures. I never collected Ghostbusters toys back in the day so I didn't know they made this. Thanks for clarifying!

Mattel didn't make any playsets for their Ghostbusters line.

Speaking of the old Kenner line, I had a lot of that stuff, including the Firehouse and the role play proton pack and ghost trap. It was an awesome time to be a kid. :D

Toy companies these days don't seem to want to make action figure playsets the way they once did. There's a market for them if they'd just make them.

Mattel didn't make any playsets for their Ghostbusters line.

Speaking of the old Kenner line, I had a lot of that stuff, including the Firehouse and the role play proton pack and ghost trap. It was an awesome time to be a kid. :D

I had a ghost trap I got from a garage sale :). I gave it to my cousin some years ago. It was pretty neat.

Toy companies these days don't seem to want to make action figure playsets the way they once did. There's a market for them if they'd just make them.

The last big playset I can think of in recent years is the Mattycollector updated Masters of the Universe Castle Grayskull. I'm not even into He-Man but that playset is very impressive. But it's way out of my price range plus I think it was an exclusive. A real shame really. Playmate's Ninja Turtles got a re-release of an older sewer playset with some new decals. You're lucky if Super Hero action figures come with a diorama display piece.

Big Lots military line has a nice HQ I may have already posted here. There are also a bunker and a ruined building. The ruin comes in sand or grey colors. I want to get these to create an Avengers AoU dio. The Animal Planet line mostly available at TRU has a few nice pieces and a lot of the Playmobile stuff is compatible too.

I voted in the primaries today, but Emma Louise got my sticker. :p

el%20voted_zpsbjgnen3u.jpg

The upcoming Kmart-exclusive Rey (Starkiller Base) 6" figure with Anakin's/Luke's lightsaber, which was just revealed on Kmart's website!

Black%20Series%206-inch%20Rey%20Starkiller%20Base%20Kmart%20Exclusive_zpss5wo3nkr.jpg

Well as far as figures go, I only rarely buy anything that's not Star Wars. I mean, I like other franchises... but it has to be really something that catches my eye if it's not Star Wars. Today at Walgreens I found these babies for $2 each .. I really like them. Wonder woman looks more powerful than the other two.
picpi.jpg

What are Big Bad Toy Store like when it comes to returns or problems?

I just noticed a figure I bought a year or two ago, and I never looked at it that closely has a slight issue. I wish I had noticed this earlier.

I purchased an ED 209 figure from the original Robocop movie and it's large has sounds and stuff but one of the feet seems a bit wonky. The right foot sits flush and level with the shelf I have it on, the left one however seems turned inward slightly and not level. I can't see anywhere to undo the leg and see if I can reseat it but gee I wish I had noticed this when I first bought this as it was expensive.

Those are some really great photo's, I love all the hard work and details you put into that whole setup. We both think alike on using random objects to serve new purposes. Well done. :)
Thank you very much! I am very pleased with how it came out. Often you have something in your mind but it does not work.

Tomorrow, March 4th, is Action figure at work day! Take your action figures to work and take pictures of them helping you work. Then post them with the hashtag #AFWD2016
Here is their official website where you then can see the results: https://www.facebook.com/ActionFigureWorkDay/?ref=ts&fref=ts
I participated last year and this is what I did:

Not sure yet whom I will take tomorrow. So many nice new figures have joined my collection!

Last edited:
Back