The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

My new CD bookcase has made my Emily doll a bit homesick!

phone%20box_zpsbsr0zz9t.jpg

(Emily is Molly's British friend, who was evacuated from London during WWII!)

I just love your American Girls! I have some minis I need to look into and display. I've read they make excellent little sisters for Lammily dolls.

Here's all the big AGs I have:

my%20minions_zpsjxjx6xbm.jpg

Yes, the bed is actually lopsided. No, the dolls didn't cause it. It's an old bed (1835!), and a wood panel on one side broke (it will be fixed soon!). :lol: :p

@Kira's Mom, that is quite a lovely collection! I really like their faces.

A cool present, yes. So you wear a Shirt "TeamBarrowman" while you change the Cpt. Jack Doll to another character/person? :D

Very well done.
Thank you! Not sure I understand the question correctly though, since I changed him into John Barrowman? Can't be more fitting than that ;)
Not sure if you saw the comparison picture with the real photo in the previous post?
http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/the-...scussion-thread.170698/page-373#post-11430782

Last edited:
I just picked up one of the new 6" Black Series Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath) figures at a local Walgreens. It's a Walgreens exclusive just like the 6" Prototype Boba Fett and in my opinion is a very good figure and superior to the basic Darth Vader released in the 6-inch line. They're essentially the same figure just with a different head and a few changed paint apps, but the new Emperor's Wrath figure just looks better and doesn't have some of the inaccurate armor and paint details of the first 6" Vader release.

My Mom loved the American Girl dolls. It's great to know somebody else with the same like and passion for them. :bolian:

I am amazed the the whole fabric of time and space was not destroyed by the sheep getting into the Tardis.

I told myself I would not be getting the DC Icons, but then I rationalized that awesome Green Lantern. Now I've decided that every Green Lantern needs a Flash. So, here he is.
HN3de5V.jpg

The Cosmic Treadmill accessory is a pretty great addition.

vY4g3U2.jpg

The Brave and the Bold!

ROTFLMAO, Astra!
lol @ Astra. that was great.
Thank you!

I am amazed the the whole fabric of time and space was not destroyed by the sheep getting into the Tardis.

;) BTW, I love your treadmill! Is Flash fixed on it or can other figures be put on it as well?

Now comes a really silly picture. I apologize in advance for the silliness. Like the “mummy” pic it was inspired by a discussion with my friends. I would have posted it yesterday, but Photobucket was acting up.

“Arrow” was back yesterday night. Some friends and I have just been silly, pretending we’ve never before heard of this show and wondering what it could be about. Has it pirates? You know, because of “Arrr!” - “Ow!” But then I heard them mention a Queen… and Speed(y) - drugs? There is also a canary - an animal show? Or a fashion show - there was a well dresssed man? And how does Captain Dark Archer from the Enterprise fit in with all this? Leaves me scratching my head ;)

I’m not exactly sure how we came from Arrow to “a row of rubber ducks” and Oliver and Malcolm rowing gently down the stream, but that was when I decided that I have enough of the ingredients to throw this quick picture together. Be careful what you wish for!

Last edited:
:lol: It may be completely cracked, but that picture is glorious.
;) BTW, I love your treadmill! Is Flash fixed on it or can other figures be put on it as well?

Certainly. The Icons Line is a fully poseable figure line. The treadmill just has a small footpeg on it, so any figure could be put on, really.

Looks like the Multiverse is bleeding again:
K1SGNlh.jpg

Though, maybe not everyone should use it
6mp71cK.jpg

I'm guessing that treadmill isn't articulated in any way, is it? Just a solid piece of painted plastic to pose figures on?

Certainly. The Icons Line is a fully poseable figure line. The treadmill just has a small footpeg on it, so any figure could be put on, really.
Cool, thanks! And funny pics ;) A bit small for the other Flash, but should work I guess. I once had seen a (handmade) dollhouse treadmill which was about $70+ so this should come a bit cheaper.

I'm just trying to figure out how that treadmill would actually work. :confused::shrug:
You push the button and start running?

I'm guessing that treadmill isn't articulated in any way, is it? Just a solid piece of painted plastic to pose figures on?
Apparently it isn't. I found this video review where you can see it in close-up. Still, many nice details I think.

Last edited:
Correct. It's pretty much a glorified plastic base. That's in no way a bad thing. It's cool to have a 6" scale treadmill to pose this Flash on. I don't need it to actually facilitate time travel. Yeah, it is a bit too small for TV Flash. The Icons are actually kinda small even for 6" scale. DC Universe Classics, Marvel Legends, and especially other stuff by DC Collectibles just towers over them. Despite that, I'm really liking having new hyper articulated DC figures with unique sculpts. As much as I loved DC Universe Classics, there were a lot of figures that were just a new head slapped on the same repainted buck.

Now I'm seriously considering going back to my LCS and picking up Luthor and Black Adam. Damn this line has a hold on me.

Back