The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Ian just built the miniature Lego version of that today. We are going through these Lego Star Wars miniatures like water.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    That's so cool! I'd forgotten that Lego had already released an Imperial Troop Transport to coincide with the launch of Rebels. It does this old fan's heart good to see a little kid in this day and age get this excited by Star Wars toys. :)

3. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

I notice they're going back to the old school blaster they would have in the old sets.

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Um, yes and no. Those look like the old ones, but they have a lever mechanism that shoots the round 1-peg brick off the end, and it shoots pretty far too! I'm just glad my youngest doesn't use that feature much, or we'd never find the pieces!

5. cooleddie74

Lego would be so much fun for a lot of adult collectors if it didn't cost so much!

6. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

DC Collectibles has revealed new Arrow figures. They are Arsenal, Diggle, and Felicity. Yes, Diggle and Felicity are actually getting figures. :techman: Also revealed is a Captain Cold figure from The Flash, and replicas of the Reverse Flash ring from The Flash and the Doctor Fate helmet from Constantine. Pics here.

DC Collectibles has also revealed a new 6" figure line called "DC Comics Icons", the first wave of which will be released in November. Pics here.

7. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I saw this earlier. I....I think I need to go change my pants.

DCC is doing its very best to make us go "Matty who?" They have all of my money. All of it.

8. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I got the DC Multiverse figures of Superman and Zod from the Donner-verse!

9. cooleddie74

^
    I've seen those but just haven't bothered to pick them up. The Zod is very impressive to say the least and one of the few Terence Stamp toys or collectibles on the market since the two different Episode I Chancellor Valorum action figures in 1999 and 2000 (one 3.75", the second a 12" in a retailer exclusive two-pack).

10. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. cooleddie74

New Funko ReAction figures based on Trek? Yes!

:bolian:

13. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

The new Avengers Marvel Legends are hitting! I was too slow for a full set, but I managed to grab a few:

The Machine Man:
    [​IMG]
    Go read Nextwave: Agents of HATE if you haven't. You will learn to love him.

Iron Fist in his modern outfit:
    [​IMG]

And Hawkeye:
    [​IMG]

I wonder if it's too much to hope for a plain clothes Hawkguy figure some day.

14. cooleddie74

5 POA or not, I really want this figure when it's officially released at retail. The eBay scalpers are going to have a field day with this one.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84TkMdZAwR4[/yt]

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

It looks like no advanced "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" toy previews at Toy Fair this weekend as Hasbro's slate has been revealed and nothing Episode VII appears to be on it. I would assume they're holding out for SDDC which makes sense.

16. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Titans Class Devastator Confimred at Toyfair. Estimated to be about 18 inches.

Also Combiner Wars Technobots, Protectobots and Combaticons were confirmed as was a Combiner Wars Cyclonus remolded from Combiner Wars Silverbolt. Limbs are probably all going to be remolds of existing Combiner Wars limbs.

[​IMG]

17. cooleddie74

That's what a lot of us have been told for some time now. Don't expect the official reveals of any Episode VII figures - even early Sneak Preview characters - until the summer or late spring, depending on when Hasbro wants to say anything about what they've been working on.

18. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

That's a considerably better picture, though of course it's still tricky to judge the scale of the individual limbs. But Devastator looks nicer.

19. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

The estimates all put it around the ballpark figure of 17-20 inches scaled with the MP Box in the first picture with the bald dude blocking the view. Given Titans class, the limbs are probably all Voyagers with Longhaul being the Leaderclass so it'll scale with MP toys.

20. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Valentines for the Shelf Avengers!

They're stealing my candy. :(
    [​IMG]

Awwwwww.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cookies!

[​IMG]

How sweet!

[​IMG]