The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

My new Figuarts Broly arrived! He's seriously one of the shining stars of the line so far:
    [​IMG]

He's also huge:
    [​IMG]
    All bow before the Legendary Super Saiyan!

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've seen Broly on a lot of folks top figures of the year list. He seems awesome!

3. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Target has MI figures at $10.99. They also have a print add price match policy.

This weekend's Family Dollar flyer says "All toys $10 and up 50% off."

I guess Target should have priced their MI at $9.99 like everyone else. Not my problem.

CCC.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I might have to check into that and see if Target would match and honor the Family Dollar 50% Off sale on, say, a 6" Black Series figure.

5. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Whoa that's an awesome figurine, OdoWan!!!!

6. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i dunno. i like Broly but his arms just seem too huge. think i'll stick with my Movie Collection version of the character.

7. OdoWanKenobi

Broly's size is portrayed a little inconsistently, but they look pretty good to me.

[​IMG]

His arms are pretty massive right here. My only tiny little gripe is that I wish there were a little more green in his hair. There's a light shading, but I'd like if it were more pronounced.

8. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Went to Target last night after having dinner out with some friends. Picked these two things up on clearance.

Ian has become obsessed with Star Wars, thanks to Rebels. So we got this for him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I only picked this up because it was on clearance
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. cooleddie74

Nice. :cool: :techman:

That Imperial Shadow Squadron two-pack set isn't always a very easy find at Target stores, so congrats on not only scoring it but for a discount. The big, solid plastic X-Wing is also a good purchase for just $19.99 and I'm sure your son will love these new acquisitions. It's great to hear the newest generation is getting turned on by Star Wars and its related toys in this age of electronic games and devices.

There are definitely fewer kids into Star Wars toys than there used to be.

10. Tom Hendricks

[​IMG]

He's very happy to have it. I'm very thankful for SW Rebels, it has allowed Ian and I to connect together over Star Wars. In fact we're watching a marathon of it right now.

11. cooleddie74

Epic. :)

That's a heartwarming photo.

Keep an eye out at your local Walmarts for their exclusive Millennium Falcon in that same line of vehicles. It's nowhere near as common or easy to find as the X-Wing since it's an exclusive and considerably bigger, but I've seen people find the Falcon for as little as $10-20 on post-Holiday markdown. It's even more detailed than the X-Wing.

12. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

That is a terrific buy for 20 bucks!! You'd never find that kind of a deal here.

13. Tom Hendricks

All he wants now is a Darth Vader Tie Fighter to go with his X-Wing. He is Darth Vader Tie Fighter obsessed. He takes the little metal one with him where ever he goes. He thinks it's the best looking of all the Star Wars vehicles. He thinks the Inquisitors Tie Fighter from Rebels is the Darth Vader Tie Fighter because of how the wings fold.

14. cooleddie74

There's no Darth Vader TIE Fighter currently in stores but you can probably find one of the previous Hasbro releases of the ship on Amazon or eBay for pretty cheap, and since he plays with all his Star Wars toys then you can score a loose copy even cheaper. There were a few different releases of Vader's TIE Fighter in the last decade so it should be pretty easy to track one of them down. Good luck! Hopefully you can get him one. :)

15. Admiral_Young

16. cooleddie74

Yeah, it seems a lot of the collecting websites are posting that today. I wonder how long it'll take Hasbro to try to get the list pulled from the Internet. They've taken actions in the past to remove other leaked lists and early product information.

17. OdoWanKenobi

There's really nothing there that's unexpected. 3 3/4" figures, 6" figures, Hero Mashers, Micro Machines, Lightsabers, Nerf Blasters, Masks? All of these things are pretty much just par for the course.

18. Admiral_Young

Yep. Plus we've seen the Black Series sculpts already for I guess the first wave.

@OdoWan You were right about Capullo Batgirl's difficulties with standing. I know they want to make comic accurate figures, but I wish they would do something with their female heroes to allow them to stand properly. This goes back with me to the "Justice League" Wonder Woman and the "Arkham City" Talia who still continue to fall over to this day. In fact, I have to lean Talia against the wall because I lost the base I was using to display her and she just falls over. It's really annoying.

Got the Zero Year Batman and he's terrific except a little top heavy IMO, and the "Son of Batman" Damian Wayne who is pretty perfect figure. I'm not even going to pick up the DC Collectibles one that I've seen reviewed now. I'm very satisfied with this one.

19. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

like i said just have Batman carry her ;)

I want to find a 3.5 inch figure of the inquisitor from Rebels

20. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore