The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Well, let's say a "toy" ;)

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I guess for 6" figures and larger 18 points of articulation isn't considered a "super" level. For 3.75" action figures like most of the ones in the Star Wars franchise any mold with thirteen or fourteen is considered super articulated.

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I'll tell you, it's kinda hard to keep buying the DCC figures after the Forever Evil figures came out. They had incredible articulation, and collectors are pretty much wondering why they won't just do that on all of the figures. DCC has heard the reception to the Forever Evil figures, though and even did a poll asking which articulation style fans preferred, the highest articulation amount winning in a landslide. Hopefully they'll keep this in mind going forward.

4. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

That's the exact set I got at Walmart when the movie came out on video last year. The Vengeance model is decent, but nothing to write home about. That set does come with the steelbook packaging, though, which I always try to get when I can.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the model is...ok. it lacks color though, as the nacelle and deflector dish should be colored.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's the Vengeance Hot Wheels that came out last year. The Vengeance itself doesn't have any color so it's pretty accurate to the film version (at least in that respect). I very nearly got that version until I saw about the lack of special features ;)

7. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone know when the black series speeder bike/ scout will come out?

8. OdoWanKenobi

It's out already. Check your Targets.

9. cooleddie74

Yeah, he's already out - just brand new, very popular and not in very good supply at many stores. He and Jabba the Hutt shipped at the same time and in the same case assortment so if you've seen at least one Jabba on the shelves then the Biker Scout and Speeder Bike were there at some point. Just keep checking the big box chains because most of the 6" figures wind up shipping in decent quantities.

10. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I recently got a Diamond Select Enterprise model to go with my crew figures and I decided to play around with it. I got green poster paper to use as a tiny green screen and am having some fun. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Captain Nebula

Captain Nebula Commander Red Shirt

12. cooleddie74

Agreed! That first image with the firing phasers and explosion is straight out of TOS or even TOS Remastered and very impressive. They both are. :cool:

13. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thank you both. I was playing with the basic shapes of Photoshop and found an image texture in the defaults that reminded me of the space amoeba from Immunity Syndrome. :)

14. OdoWanKenobi

Well hello, you two!
    [​IMG]

Chewie is pretty much perfection. One of the best of the series so far. Vader is a hot mess. The cape and tunic are both way too long, and don't sit right at all. I also would have rather done without the removable helmet, and had a solid piece that is shaped correctly. This is disappointing. I hope we get an ANH version some time soon that fixes the problems.

15. cooleddie74

WELL DONE!! :)

I have yet to find those because my Walgreens stores haven't stocked them all yet. That Chewie just might be the best figure in that entire wave assortment.

16. OdoWanKenobi

I went to four Walgreens in my area today, and only one of them had them. It was just the lone Vader and Chewie on the shelf. Still on the hunt for Jedi Luke and Prototype Fett.

And yeah, Chewie is just amazing. It's too bad about Vader being lackluster, but Chewie is such a home run that I'm not too unhappy. The only problem with him is that his bowcaster comes in a couple pieces and doesn't hold together well at all. I'm afraid I had to resort to a little dab of super glue.

17. cooleddie74

I'll probably get the new Sandtrooper Corporal with the black pauldron just because he's different enough and I like the Sandtrooper, but the Fett, Chewie, Vader and Luke come first unless the trooper is the only figure in the store.

18. OdoWanKenobi

If I come across the Corporal, I can't say I'll pass on it, but I'm not hunting it as actively as the others. At $20 a pop, I'm not really going to build the the army that I did in the 3 3/4" scale.

19. cooleddie74

Me neither. One or two of each Clone and Imperial trooper, perhaps, but that's it. Some 6" collectors have very deep pockets and that's cool, but I'm not one of them and I just don't have the space for a lot of 6-inch army builders.

20. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain