The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tasha and Clint are curious about my TARDIS jewelry box.
    [​IMG]

It really is bigger on the inside!
    [​IMG]

Taking a look through Hawkeye's old stories.
    [​IMG]

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Also, these guys joined my Avengers shelf:

[​IMG]

And a Dalek invaded my Christmas tree:
    [​IMG]

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Very cool little additions there! I like 'em!

4. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

So, for Christmas, Santa brought my daughter and I the Eleven Doctors Boxed Action Figure Set. She's 8, and I'm really not much older. ;)

5. cooleddie74

Post some pics if you can! That would be very cool to take a look at and I'm sure everyone here would enjoy seeing them all.

6. Maestro

I need some sort of image account for that, don't I?

7. cooleddie74

Photobucket's what I use, but your own mileage and tastes will vary. You can also save pictures to one or more Trek BBS picture albums directly from your computer without having to set up a separate online image account like Photobucket and I have dozens of images in my own board album.

If you'd rather not go through that kind of trouble to post a few photos that's cool. Don't feel you have to post unless you really want to share.

8. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I used to use Photobucket, but I find their site too cumbersome and bloated, now. I prefer to use imgur these days.

So, with a heavy heart, here's the very last DC Club Infinite Earths figure, Batzarro:
    [​IMG]

He's actually a really great figure. The picture doesn't show it well, but that big toothy grin is awesome, along with the upside-down "futility belt." I just wish the line were ending on a better character. Batzarro is such an obscure character for the final figure.

9. cooleddie74

That's some impressive articulation on that figure. The new 6" Black Series figures from Hasbro have upwards of 22 points of articulation thanks to being large enough for the designers to engineer additional joints that wouldn't be practical nor very attractive on 3.75" figures (and would probably drive the price of a regular carded action figure way past what most people would remotely want to pay for something that small). The new Boba Fett has 22, I believe. How many does this Batzarro have?

10. OdoWanKenobi

23 points, which is the standard for the line. There are some select figures which have more or fewer, though.

11. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

"futility belt." :lol: He looks nice. :)

12. cooleddie74

The 6" Boba Fett would have 23 points of articulation had they bothered to give the rangefinder on his helmet a joint so it could swivel up and down, but all things considered this Boba is about as flexible and articulated as any mass-market Star Wars figure of any size in the history of the franchise. With all the many ways to pose this Boba and make him look amazing and lifelike I don't mind the rangefinder being stuck in one position, though it is kind of ironic that past, less-detailed and articulated 3.75" figures of the character (not to mention his father Jango and the Prequel Clones equipped with similar helmets) have had fully articulated rangefinders.

13. cooleddie74

Thought I'd share this image that was just posted and quickly shared by some Facebook groups. An old photo from 1981 or '82 depicting an entire, wide peg wall of nothing but ESB-era Kenner action figures and die-cast ships. I don't know if this is a big box toy retailer from that period or a very well-stocked toy and collectibles shop, but look at all that.

A sight that the overwhelming majority of modern collectors will never experience thanks to how much both the toy industry and retail have changed since the eighties. Still, it makes me grin like a wide-eyed little elementary school kid all over again.

:)

[​IMG]

14. OdoWanKenobi

:eek: That......I.....wow......It's beautiful. I have never seen its like.

This silly idea popped into my head so I made this
    The world was shocked to discover the true source of the Flash's powers:
    [​IMG]

15. Maestro

You appear to give credit for his powers to a Heisenberg Compensator.

16. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Unfortunately this was my only Science Fiction gift this year. Its the battle damage Enterprise from Hot Wheels.
    [​IMG]

17. cooleddie74

Congrats on that Enterprise die-cast. I have yet to spot any Trek ships in the Hot Wheels line, but after all these months I really don't expect to see them on store pegs. If they were there then they were snatched up like lightning.

18. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Wow. That's awesome. :D

19. cooleddie74

There are collectors who would plain up and faint in the aisle if they strolled down it and saw a display like that. The modern era (1995-present) has rarely if ever seen this sight at mass retail.

20. Maestro

Well, Santa Eddie, sadly my wife and daughter opened the boxed set before I could get the photo. Our house is now decorated in Doctors. It's rather comforting!