The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I made a little house for Hawkeye! (His nest is still occupied.) I bought a little unfinished birdhouse at Michaels, then decorated it. I think Clint and Tasha will feel right at home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

We continue to get obscure background characters, and yet still no new Jacen and Jaina figures? :(

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I know. If I could explain Hasbro I would, but at least an obscure background guy is preferable to the 56th Mace Windu or 80th version of an Episode II Clone Trooper.

Frankly I don't know how they keep making repeat versions of the same Prequel figures over and over again without hanging themselves.

4. cooleddie74

Oh, BTW, great new pics of Clint and Tasha. :) You're the gift that keeps on Avenging.

5. cooleddie74

Thanks to an update provided by a couple of helpful little Bothans over at Rebelscum it appears we have more characters to look forward to in the new Saga Legends line of $5.99, five-joint figures that start hitting stores towards the end of summer.

The known figures at present are:

1. Anakin Skywalker (ROTS)
    2. Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
    3. Yoda (ROTS)
    4. Mace Windu
    5. Clone Trooper (AOTC)
    6. Shock Trooper (ROTS)
    7. Super Battle Droid
    8. R4-P17 (Obi-Wan's astromech droid in Episodes II and III)
    9. Stormtrooper (ANH)
    10. Darth Vader (ESB)
    11. Boba Fett (ESB)
    12. Cyborg Darth Maul (realistic version from The Clone Wars)
    13. Clone Captain Rex (realistic version from The Clone Wars)

More will follow. I have little to no doubt that Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca and others will also make welcome appearances in the line since Hasbro is planning to shift somewhat away from the Prequels in order to focus more on the older films.

6. Kira's Mom

7. Admiral_Young

Well...I guess we know now why Hasbro ended the Clone Wars line with the announcement this morning of the cancellation of the series. This is disappointing indeed. :(

8. Kira's Mom

Clint and Tasha are excited about the first daffodils in the garden:

[​IMG]

I am, too. I'm sick of winter. Bring on spring!

9. Admiral_Young

It looks like Hank Pym shrunk them in that pic ;) They're hanging out with Ant-Man!

10. Kira's Mom

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Everything makes them look like they're using Pym Particles. They're so little!

11. cooleddie74

I can't remember if I've ever asked you this, but are Clint and Tasha 3-3/4" in scale or a little bigger? I'm guessing 3.75" because of the size of that flower and those grass blades.

12. Kira's Mom

They're about 4 inches. Tasha is slightly smaller. Those aren't grass blades, though- they're part of the daffodils. They're pretty tall, just over a foot.

ETA- just measured Clint. Exactly 4 inches.

13. cooleddie74

Oh, yeah, you're right. I don't see daffodils regularly enough to remember all their details. Thanks for clearing all that up.

14. Kira's Mom

Funny thing is, my mom plants them all over, so they may as well be grass. :p She plants tons of them and tulips, too, so there will be plenty even if the moles eat the bulbs.

15. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Toys R Us got a pretty awesome exclusive Dark Knight Trilogy 3-Pack:
    [​IMG]

Three Batman figures from three Batman movies. The Begins one is a straight up rerelease of the first Movie Masters version. The TDK version is mostly the same as the normal version, but has a cloth cape and a new scowling head. The TDKR version is the same body but has a new Bruce Wayne sculpt and a separate cowl accessory (it doesn't fit over his head, though.) I really love the display stands with the poster backers, too. This whole thing is class.

16. cooleddie74

My friend posted pics of that set on his Facebook page after he scored them. He was taken completely by surprise and he didn't know TRU had any Batman/Dark Knight exclusives planned. I'm not in the market for these but the next time I'm at my TRU I'm going to take a good look at them.

Just based on photos like this I'd say the Batman Begins version is my favorite.

17. Admiral_Young

I want those. I thought they were the Batman To Bruce Wayne SDCC figure...but nope this is something even better! I want these now! :)

18. OdoWanKenobi

The Begins figure is good, but he's a little chicken legged.

It's also worth noting that these are the first Batman figures from Mattel to actually have Christian Bale's hazel eye color.

19. Admiral_Young

I just watched a Youtube review of the figures, yep, I'm getting these. Still want a Miranda/Talia figure though :)

20. OdoWanKenobi

I would love Talia, too. The only way we're getting one is if she's an SDCC exclusive, or something. Mattel hates women. I'm pretty sure the only reason we even got Catwoman is because she's an iconic character known to all. There is absolutely ZERO hope for a Talia at retail.