Terminator: Salvation Discuss/Grade <Spoilers>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, May 19, 2009.

?

Grade "Terminator Salvation"

1. "I'll be back!" (Excellent)

31 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

61 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

50 vote(s)
    26.6%
  4. "If we stay this course we are dead! We are all dead!" (Below Average)

26 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. "You are TERMINATED." (Poor)

20 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

The source was McG himself. As for the show: it did have upwards of 7 million viewers when DVR is taken into account, but I don't want to start a thread about the show.

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

After seeing Salvation I'm even more annoyed that TSCC has been cancelled. I think even the worst eps were more enjoyable than TS.

3. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

This kind of thing isn't necessary. Please don't do it again.

4. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He doesn't have to be alive to be bait. Skynet could have killed Reese, and John - assuming he didn't cease to exist - would have been none the wiser and still attempted the assault on Skynet HQ.

5. 3D Master

3D Master Rear Admiral

That's not true. Marcus sent Reese cell to John; if Marcus saw through the fake cell he would still send the real cell to John, however, if Reese was already dead, the message to John would be: "Reese dead, abort mission."

6. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Ummmm but if Reese was dead then John would cease to exist anyway.....

7. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Possibly. The impression that I'm getting from watching these movies though is that the Terminator series takes the approach to time travel that when something is changed in the past, it doesn't erase the future, but rather makes a new "time line branch". So if they are taking that approach, then Connor would stay alive because he was already born, but in another time-branch, there will be no John Connor.

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

While have no bearing on this film series that is how TSCC interpreted it with multiple timelines converging.

9. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I gave this a Below Average. I did enjoy some parts of it, but in general I just felt it was weak. The plot didn't make a hell of a lot of sense in many places.

Still, the retro-Arnie was cool.

10. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Saw it yesterday.... I was disappointed.
    It was one of those cases where the trailers were good, raised expectations but the final product did not deliver.

I was surprised and really liked the Arnold/Terminator at the end i have to say though.

11. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

even if that is so and killing reese would have just started a new time line branch just consider the impact psychologically on connor if he thinks he is going to save reese and discovers his dead body in the cell.

i mean even if reese was just bait all skynet would have to do is kill reese after seperating him from the others .

it could even have faked an image of him in his cell still alive.,

12. 3D Master

3D Master Rear Admiral

Again, this is only true if Marcus doesn't see through the ruse. If Marcus DOES see through the ruse, a dead Reese means the trap is useless. Since Skynet couldn't absolutely know how well Marcus could interact with the network - there's that whole pesky human brain thing - it had to make sure there was a living Reese inside the complex. Known trap or no - the resistance had to come, Reese is simply too important.

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I'm pretty sure that Skynet could figure out a way to keep things from Marcus even if he were connected to their systems. The reason he wasn't immediately killed was Skynet was going to experiment on him before it killed him.

14. 3D Master

3D Master Rear Admiral

If Skynet could know exactly what Marcus' human brain could and couldn't do, it wouldn't have needed to create Marcus in the first place.

15. I saw this today... it was pretty good. decent. watchable. and almost completely forgettable 10 mins after i watched it, but an entertaining watch regardless.

John Conner really had no depth. Marcus Wright was pretty cool, but his story really didn't have the humanity it was supposed to I think. I just feel like they could have done way more. I wonder if they will 'discover' time travel in the next movie.

16. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm sure Skynet could find a way from keeping him from finding things out.

17. Digshot

Digshot Cadet Newbie

Just got around to seeing it - what a disaster. Couldn't have been worse, really. Makes T3 look like a masterstroke.

I've heard a lot of people and reviewers say that they liked the action sequences, which I just don't get. There was nothing in this movie that stood out or that I hadn't seen a million times before. Ooo - there was a giant robot? Been there. Ooo - there were two or three robo-cycles? Done that. That crap was supposed to make me forget about the crappy acting, atrocious writing, and nonsensical plot? What was impressive about any of it?

18. 3D Master

3D Master Rear Admiral

Again, if Skynet knew exactly what Marcu could and couldn't do and thus what it needed to do to keep Marcus from finding things out; it wouldn't need to create Marcus in the first place.

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Its a big thread but all your issues have been addressed. Read through the last 15-20 pages for how you missed apparently what the plot is or what has impressed others. If your complaint is "ooo been there done that" then I advise you to not see ANY movies in the future. Hollywood rarely does anything new.

Save your theater money for something else cause Transformers 2 is coming and thats again more of the same. Another Harry Potter will follow that so brace for more wizards and wands doing variations of the same thing. Basically I'm calling your 'complaints' bull##it.

20. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But Savlation uhh, still sucks.