Terminator-209 "Complications" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Nov 17, 2008.

?

Grade "Complications"

1. I'll be back! (Excellent)

34.1%
  2. Come with me if you want to live! (Above Average)

54.5%
  3. Thank you for explaining. (Average)

9.1%
  4. Hasta la vista, baby! (Below Average)

2.3%
  5. You are TERMINATED! (Failure)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

So what? My provider's name is Skynet. And it's quite evil I might add (download limits!), though not any more evil than its main competitor Telenet.

Excellent episode, a bit more slowpaced but very thoughtful. Ellison is now doing the devils work, I suppose...
    Though the T1001's exact goals aren't yet clear to me. It may not have very good plans with humanity but it's not necessarily obeying (future) Skynet either...

Now that we now how this show ended (with Sarah "connecting the dots" - or almost), I can kind of see that they want to broadcast "Strange things etc" first. This episode seems to follow closely on Sarah's "don't I have work to do".

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Self doubt is not sexy.

And it hardly matches with the descriptions of his mother John was waxing on about in the second movie.

Besides, I have to wonder why Sarah has any faith in head shrinking after spending a little time in a bedlam like she did?

3. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

This Sarah is human - and still a strong character. Not an idealised "hero".

dr.Sherman does seem good at his job, and he did get John to talk. He's no dr. Silberman.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I was just commenting on it.

5. Guy Gardener

Sarah in the movies wasn't a hero. Okay, in the first movie she was a hero. Well maybe she snapped in the last five minutes when she started screaming at Reese not to give up, but she was a class A nut job in the following flick and lamented as a psychopath in the third. It was merely just fortunatre that she gravitated towards enviroments where people were gun crazy and paranoid so that she seemed normalistic against an average.

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Are you a nut job when it's reality. I would call her nut job status in T2 surviving. It's like the old saying: Are you truly paranoid if everyone IS trying to kill you?

7. Guy Gardener

Yes.

:)

It's crazy to tell people you're not crazy and that crazy things are true when crazy things are true if they won't believe you and have the power to fuck you up when they pursue their beliefs in what is sane by their standards.

Personally i am amazed that sports are so popular.

8. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Sarah being a wing nut is sustainable and believable for a two-hour movie, but it would quickly get boring for episodic television. I think the producers and writers have made the right choice regarding their treatment of Sarah.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Exactly. Had Sarah been running around like in T2 for example for the entirety of the series I think we'd be in worse shape.

10. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

11. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

I was just joking (though the provider really is called Skynet, to be sure).

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah. Actually there are several companies with the name Skynet.

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Promo clips from next week are now available at the Fox website.

Cameron appears to be doing something to Ellison's yard in one.

14. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Looking for a certain body. Loved the "go back to sleep". ;)

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Cameron may be scanning for the specific soundwaves like echolocation or SONAR.

16. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

17. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ It's growing on me more and more, but I fear that they can't capture what the Future War in my mind looks like :)

18. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for cluing me in to those; I liked the Derek/John scene. Perhaps John Connor the leader is beginning to assert himself?

nx, you'd mentioned that we'd learn of Cameron having some unusual moonlighting job. Does that occur the week after next given the shuffling of the episodes?

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ That has been moved to December 1st. The episode is called Self Made Man.

20. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, as long as Cam's moonlighting job isn't anything stupid like being a stripper or something...though you never know with Fox execs.

So, in reviewing the last episode, I really liked the scene between John and Cam in which they discuss her "feelings." I notice that she looked hurt when John asserted that he was "pretty sure" she didn't have emotions; she then countered with how she wouldn't be worth much without feelings. Lots of subtext there that's keeping me interested.