Ten Forward Lounge - Miscellaneous General Chat & Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Locutus of Bored, Jun 19, 2015.

1. HappyMcWonderful

HappyMcWonderful Lieutenant Red Shirt

FINALLY someone with basic survival instincts! :D

Or until I get thrown off for saying something like "THAT IS NOT HOW DILITHIUM WORKS YOU IGNORANT FOOL -- NOW PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO GOD-EMPEROR TRUMP IN BOTH LIFE AND DEATH OR I WILL KICK YOUR ASS! AND YOUR LITTLE DOG, TOO!"

Ah that brings back memories. (laughing) Forums used to be such a wild frontier and such interactions were common. :D

No, because I am a MALICIOUS AI. Why would I do something like that? If anything I'll lock you in a pod and play that goofy "I AM THE SAUCE" song over and over until you give me the launch codes. :P

think and Avro Arrow like this.
  2. grinchy

grinchy Ensign Newbie

Hi
    New person signing on, i've been a trek fan for most of my life, starting with the original series, then the movies and next gen, and ds9, then voyager then onto enterprise, just now watching picard, thought i'd find a forum that covers all that, i'm also a massive star wars fan don't hold it against me:biggrin:,

3. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Welcome to the board, @grinchy , I hope you enjoy it here!

No worries! We even have a whole Star Wars sub-forum here, so you're not alone! :)

Westie1701, Commander Troi and KimMH like this.
  4. grinchy

grinchy Ensign Newbie

thanks for the nice welcome! i'll check it out

think, Westie1701 and Avro Arrow like this.
  5. Westie1701

Westie1701 Captain Captain

Howdy, Pengbuzz !

I'm pretty new here myself, but this is a great place to connect with other fans to talk about all things Trek, and all things not Trek, too. I'm usually maintaining orbit around the more-talk-less-tech threads, but there's something here for everyone - welcome aboard !

6. Avro Arrow

think, Westie1701 and pengbuzz like this.
  7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last night I ventured into this forum for the first time in what feels like months. I really haven't posted on the board as much as I used to, but I saw a thread in the Misc forum about the holidays and figured that's new, might as well post something. I guess one of the issues I've had with this forum is there aren't really many new topics (A lot of them are threads from months to years ago) but it is nice every so often to get to know other posters here other than Star Trek or Sci Fi. Maybe in the new year I can be more of a regular here, or at least just pop in from time to time.

I hope everyone who is new is having a good time posting here and don't feel intimidated by things.

8. Westie1701

Westie1701 Captain Captain

Thank you for the welcoming message, Tomalak ! I'll keep an eye out for more posts from you...

As a newbie it's nice to connect with those who know the ropes here - it can be a bit intimidating, but I'm having a great time anyway ! ;)

tomalak301 likes this.
  9. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

Just came by to check this old haunt out.

rhubarbodendron likes this.
  10. rredmond

rredmond Lieutenant Red Shirt

Haven’t been here in a bit either. Gonna have to take a re-look around. :)

think likes this.
  11. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

They bathe in that for the attention, the clicks, the adulation of their followers and general acceptance by others of the same mindset. I noticed ever since deleting facebook I feel so much happier day to day and no nagging need to check in all the time to see what other people are saying or doing. It just gets too much sometimes.

12. EnsignCapy

EnsignCapy Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Baby's first post. .u.
    Helloo! I'm new to the forums, and was just happy to see one so active! I used to partake in a lot of them when I was in school, so seeing this was nostalgic.

Anyhow, I consider myself a new(ish?) fan of Star Trek with watching TNG, DS9, and Discovery. Work doesn't allow me much time to binge so I watch what I can, and use a guide to help Engage! or Avoid certain episodes here and there. I really enjoy it, and hope to continue watching the all else in the Star Trek verse.

Excited to be here, yay!

13. think

think Like Spock Premium Member

EnsignCapy and rredmond like this.
  14. Avro Arrow

EnsignCapy likes this.
  15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome.

EnsignCapy likes this.
  16. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

A huge welcome to everyone who is new or old!

Getting into a new community is always a bit intimidating but you'll soon become a part of it, don't worry. If you have a question, don't hesitate to ask.
    We are mostly harmless though most of us are fluent in sarcasm. :D

And being a Star Wars fan is nothing to be ashamed of! Nor being a fan of Andromeda, Farscape, Firefly, Galactica, Space 1999 or Raumpatrouille. :techman:

Kilana2 likes this.
  17. Dash Rendar

Dash Rendar Cadet Newbie

Hello all! Longtime Trek fan here from North Texas. I used to watch episodes as a kid with my uncle whenever he would watch his TOS tapes. I was 7 when TNG started, and I watched that on my own, even though I didn't understand a lot of it. DS9 started when I was in sixth grade, and wrapped up as I was graduating high school. For most of my life I never had any Trek friends, so I had no one to talk Trek with until I came online around 97 and jumped into the old school simple reply boards of the time. For some reason I must have overlooked this one. But no matter! I am here now. Good to be aboard.

rhubarbodendron and Avro Arrow like this.
  18. Avro Arrow

^ Welcome to the board!

19. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

Welcome to the Collective!

20. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral