Ten Forward Lounge - Miscellaneous General Chat & Welcome Thread

Welcome to the board. Enjoy the crazy community of Trek BBS. There are some great fellows around.

What kind of music do you like?

We obviously didn't scare you off with Shatner's music here!

Thanks for the welcome, great to have found this place.
It's a bit of an eclectic mix. Mostly pop, Westlife (they're my faves), Take That. Alternative, Instrumental, Country. I'm not really a fan of Rap, but I do like a bit of RnB.

It depends on the mood sometimes, but also on a song or artist. Some of my favorite songs have come tv shows.

I'm not really into Rock, but I did go and see a Rock band once, mainly because I know the lead singer.

Hello folks, 0ryx here.
Joined the forum for occasional posting and chats regarding Sci-Fi, fantasy and science/technology. Looking forward to getting to know you guys a bit.

Talk to you soon form time to time in the discussion boards. Nice to meet you folks.

Hello, and welcome to the board! I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

I hope you don’t mind, but we do have a general discussion thread pinned at the top of the forum for this type of post, so I’m going to move this one in there.

You’ll be able to set an avatar after you graduate from “newbie” to “red shirt”, after you’ve been here at least 14 days AND have made at least 14 posts.
Can I make one request though? Can I change my screen name? Can you change it for me?

Can I make one request though? Can I change my screen name? Can you change it for me?

I can’t, sorry. Please PM our board administrator, T’Bonz, to request name changes. Actually, you’ll probably need to wait a bit, because I think access to PM doesn’t open up until the same time you become eligible for an av.

HTH

I can’t, sorry. Please PM our board administrator, T’Bonz, to request name changes. Actually, you’ll probably need to wait a bit, because I think access to PM doesn’t open up until the same time you become eligible for an av.

HTH
OK i'll do that. Many thanks for your helpful responses.

Take a look a couple of forums down (site stuff or something) and there is a thread dedicated to changing usernames.

Welcome!

Belated welcome! I take it you changed your name from 0ryx to Captain Trekkie? That's a pity - the Oryx is my favourite antelope.

As Scribble said, there are a lot of helpful how-to threads around. And if you are in doubt, simply ask a Moderator or one of the oldtimers. This is a slightly crazy but rather friendly community and you'll always find someone to help you, particularly here in Misc.

Belated welcome! I take it you changed your name from 0ryx to Captain Trekkie? That's a pity - the Oryx is my favourite antelope.

As Scribble said, there are a lot of helpful how-to threads around. And if you are in doubt, simply ask a Moderator or one of the oldtimers. This is a slightly crazy but rather friendly community and you'll always find someone to help you, particularly here in Misc.
Thanks for the welcome :beer:

And I don't think it's a pity at all- now you can take that name since it's your favorite animal. One problem was I couldn't find a suitable avatar for it that was big enough to be recognized. Hopefully you can find a good one if you pick one. Message me if you're interested and I can help you find one.

that's sweet of you :) thanks! But I rather stick with my name. It was the result of a tongue twister one very amusing evening in chat, years ago. The name always reminds me of my friends and of the fun we had that night :)

OK
that's sweet of you :) thanks! But I rather stick with my name. It was the result of a tongue twister one very amusing evening in chat, years ago. The name always reminds me of my friends and of the fun we had that night :)
Ok thanks. But feel free to take it anytime you want it :-)

Back