Tell me some mundane story about your life or anything.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jayson1, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Hi @PureCrimson , this seems pretty much the same thing as an existing thread we had about a month ago, so I'm going to go ahead and merge them.

2. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got another mundane story. The other day I was going to thearpy and I thought I had a bottle of flavor water with me. Then I noticed that I never left the house with it and when I got home I couldn't even find the bottle of water.

Jason

3. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I had a red birthmark on the middle of my chest, when I was a baby. Over the years it has faded away.

4. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Technically, the day TMP premiered in theaters -- you know, the same day redesigned Klingons first appeared -- I threw a fit. But I was also four months old. So the fit was because I probably needed my formula. And I wasn't in any theater.

On the other hand, there might have been adults who actually did throw a fit that day. And they probably were in the theater.

But we had some things in common. We both took naps. I took naps because I was a baby. They took naps because they were staring at nothing but screen-savers -- I mean the inside of V'Ger -- for forever and ever and ever.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  5. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

When I was 10 or 11 years old, I dissected a Japanese tinplate toy flying saucer and tossed the bits in the trash. Some time later, I absent-mindedly stuck my hand in the wastebasket and nearly sliced off a good-sized chunk of flesh from my thumb. That sheetmetal has razor-sharp edges.

The scar on my thumb is still there, but not nearly as noticeable now that I'm an adult and my thumb is quite a bit bigger.

6. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I once had a colonoscopy because I had blood coming out of my butt or at least I think it was my rear end. It might have been a pimple. I had to drink these fluids a few days ahead of it to sort of clean me out. I know when I went under to make sure to tell my mom I loved her because I can be a drama queen when dealing with illness I just assumed I might die because surgery or medical procedures can do that. Ended up waking up and feeling like no time had pasted. Had some stomach pains for the rest of the day because of it but they ended up finding nothing wrong with my insides.

Jason

7. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

^ Well, this post should make your next entry in the "What are the TrekBBS ads trying to sell you" thread somewhat interesting...

(But glad there was nothing wrong, of course!)

8. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

During Desert Storm my loader stepped on a landmine and it split his leg in two. There was really nothing we could do for him until the medic showed up and he wasn't screaming in pain (he said it felt like a broken leg) so we propped his mangled leg up on the first aid bag and gave him a cigarette to keep him calm.

9. Haido

Haido Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I let my dog out so he could do his business. It’s been 20 minutes now and I’m cold and I figured he got done since he’s begging to come back inside. I let him back in. He poops on the floor. Story of my life. :brickwall:

10. Marynator

Marynator Queen of all the Realms Premium Member

The VBA scripts I wrote for CMS Supervisor won't work anymore since we were upgraded to version 18. I can't figure it out, and tech support can't seem to help me either. So now instead of having the reports ready for me first thing in the morning, I have to spend about 10 minutes downloading them every single day. I'm hoping when I get my computer replacement at the end of the month they will work again.

11. PureCrimson

PureCrimson Commander Red Shirt

Only when I'm sick for this whole last week, do I begin to sell more stuff than I ever have this entire year and have to meet up with people.

12. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

I'm nearly 60.

I think Muse's 'Knights of Cydonia' is a great song. Especially the live version at Wembley.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  13. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't like to go to automatic carwashes that have the brushes. The brushes creep me out. Go ahead and laugh, I do.

Marynator likes this.
  14. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

They are also VERY bad for your car's clear-coat finish...

15. I changed my browser from opera to chrome today.
    Also, that sentence would be totally cryptic 30 years ago, now it's mundane...

16. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

There is nothing mundane about my life. Everything's a fucking adventure.

Avro Arrow likes this.
  17. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

My family and I once sat next to Tom Hanks at a Mariners game.
    He was in town filming Sleepless in Seattle and he threw out the first pitch.
    Afterwards he came into the stands and sat down in the same row as ours along the third baseline.
    He didn't stay long, as he had to film the next day, and left around the middle of the game; but it was cool nonetheless.

My brother and I once sat next to former Washington State governor and ambassador to China Gary Locke and his family at a Chicago concert.
    I had gotten V.I.P. tickets through work and as my brother and I sat down in the booth, the governor and his family came in and sat down next to us.
    We said 'Hello', shook hands, and enjoyed the concert together.

My Mom and her husband Wink are friends of friends with Harrison Ford and Calista Flockheart (sp), and had dinner with them once.
    I asked Mom what they talked about and she said the since Ford was once a carpenter, they talked about the various remodeling projects they'e done to their houses over the years.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  18. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

As long as we're doing celebrity encounters, I designed and printed some birthday invitations for the actress Michele Lee a few months ago. (You may know of her from the 1967 film version of the musical How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying). Nice lady, but a bit eccentric (like a lot of actors). Christ, she's 75 now.

19. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I hate automatic car washes too, though I can trace my hatred back to a specific incident: When I was about 3 or so my mother and I were in our '67 Chevy Impala going through a car wash and the car came off the tracks and got stuck. There was an enormous -- at least enormous from my preschool perspective -- truck directly behind us, and I remember looking out the back window and it just slowly bearing down on us like it was going to crush us. My mom had massive panic attack and since then I've just hated going through them.
    I also hate the type of street light one would often see in parking lots with three or four lamps branching off the top. When I was a kid I was terrified of them and called them "icky monkey lights" (I don't know why), and they still creep me the fuck out.

20. Marynator

Marynator Queen of all the Realms Premium Member

When I was about ten years old, my father took us through an automatic car wash with the windows in the back seat rolled down. It was absolutely terrifying for a few seconds.

I don't know if this is considered "mundane", but I never got my ears pierced. It seems pretty ubiquitous, so this might actually be considered something "odd". My sister got her ears pierced first, and she developed a really horrible infection. It was really nasty and she had to go to the hospital because of it. She was sick for some time, and that just really freaked me out for many years. Now it's just part of my personality that I don't wear any jewelry, unless it's somewhere fancy and in that case I use magnetic earrings, which don't feel uncomfortable but still look good I feel.