teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. gturner

gturner Admiral

They didn't go watch the Cubs play?

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

My marathon is being interrupted by other people, those frakkheads.

3. teacake

I completely agree. It's like they threw in the polygamy at the end to remind us it was Maybourne, but it didn't work.

4. teacake

Full Alert: WOW!!!! Kinsey as a Goa'uld !! That's a great great twist to his story! And really he always had the personality for it :D

That was fantastic. And :eek: Mike Dupod AGAIN?! I feel like I've gone on a Mike Dupod Stargate tour. Not that I'm complaining and he looked fantastic in that uniform.

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's Good to be King is definitely the point where Maybourne stopped being a shady and untrustworthy wildcard and became purely comic relief.

6. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Yeah the American originals were like that, and didn't have the full length Threads on them. I think at the time MGM did a recall that allowed people to send theirs back for an updated version.

7. teacake

My Threads is 84 minutes.

8. The Wormhole

Which would make it the original broadcast version of the episode. Personally, I prefer the cut-down syndication version, as the longer cut has pacing issues and really feels ultra-padded out. The synidcated version is tighter and esier to watch. Unfortunately, my favourite scene is removed in the syndicated version.

Yeah, I know we haven't covered Threads in this, er, thread yet. But I think I left things vague enough and without spoilers here.

9. teacake

Reckoning Part 1 and 2: VASTLY superior to the DS9 ep The Reckoning.. if you're gonna do "gods" and their pissiness then Stargate makes it an art form while Star Trek makes it a cringe. Good story, exciting, and ends on a bang with Daniel who knows where. Carter-R is engagingly evil and Daniel's using her own messing with his head against her was quite neat. Baal is still out there and the battle against the Goa'uld continues.. thank goodness :D

10. teacake

Threads: First of all let me get this off my chest. I AM COMPLETELY OUTRAGED. You know how I said my Threads was 84 minutes? On the back of the dvd case it says Threads* and just below that *Threads is a special 84 minute episode. Well my episode was SIXTY THREE MINUTES LONG. Where the frakking fuckfuck are my other twenty minutes?!!!!!

:scream:

Okay onwards, though my bitterness remains.

Daniel spends the episode in the Diner at the End of the Universe. I should be tired of this kind of thing by now, Warehouse 13 had a lot of that Diner and didn't Benny Russell hang out there too? But I loved it. Oma was excellent. Great acting and presence. I loved looking at her. And a very interesting explanation about Anubis. I suspect Oma has sacrificed herself to spend the rest of existence in a struggle with him like Lazarus in The Alternative Factor. Something she was unwilling to do before because she felt she could still do "good".

Carter and O'Neill. I've seen the future so I know they aren't picking out kitchen tiles. But I'm pretty darn curious to see what happens next.

Jacob is dead :( :( :(

That's a real sadness and I wish it didn't have to be that way. He died a hero too because he held out with Selmak until far too late in order to defeat the replicators. He seemed very at peace with this choice and his passing and he certainly did have an incredible extra years as a member of the Tok'ra. Rest in Peace Jacob Carter.

11. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

63 minutes is right I think. The 84 minutes would have been the TV airtime with ads I believe. For example normal episodes are about 42 minutes long, but an hour on TV with ads.

12. The Wormhole

^^Yeah, that sounds about right. When I said above the 84 minutes seemd like what it originally aired as I forgot that DVDs don't have commercial breaks. Yet.

13. gturner

gturner Admiral

Who expected Anubis to actually be that loveable little fuzzball, Rush Limbaugh?

14. teacake

But don't you think it's kind of weird the DVD cover says 84 minutes?

I am pleased though :lol:

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

No, it's The Waffle House from Dead Like Me. Come on now, Daniel was just looking to take some souls.

And I can't wait for you to get to the season finale! :cool:

16. teacake

Citizen Joe: Dear rest of tv.. now THAT'S how you do a clip show. What a hilarious, self deprecating, twisty amusing little episode. Adorable. I loved it. Commentary on Stargate's own foibles from the dudes in the Barber shop. And..

CHARLENE: Don't get me wrong -- it was exciting. It's just that personally I like stories that are more about inter-personal relations, and a little less to do with things blowing up.

Hi-Larious.

17. teacake

And I have to ask, I've been following O'Neill's beer taste this series. We had Budweiser, Guinness, Guinness and Heinekin. Then in the last two episodes we had this mystery (to me) label. He had the same beer when he was bbq'ing with the CIA lady last ep.

What is it?

[​IMG]

18. teacake

Moebius Part 1: Awkward Cardigan Carter ftw! And still eating blue jello no matter how much dicking about with the timeline has taken place. One big shock though.. apparently the timeline change has cured Rodney of his citrus allergy!

McKay: I hear it's lemon chicken today -- it's my favourite, hmm?

Mr Fantastic

[​IMG]

I'm enjoying this season finale, quite a different tone from the others.

19. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

It brings an extra level of funny when you realize that Joe is played by the voice of Homer Simpson.

20. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How appropriate for McKay to wear a Mr Fantastic tshirt!

teacake likes this.