teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I forgot to post this beautiful pic from 2010:

[​IMG]

2. gturner

gturner Admiral

The simplest explanations are often best. To the Goa'uld we all look alike, so Apophis doesn't suspect that the father of Amaunet/Sha're's baby is, quite obviously, the system lord Yu. All of us would realize that in heartbeat. ;)

Actually, I don't know if the show ever even implied that, but it really would've made an interesting twist and explain why Amaunet was desperately hiding her baby from Apophis - and blaming everyone else for kidnapping the kid. As soon as Apophis saw the child he'd know Amaunet had been cheating on him with Yu, plotting behind his back, and would have her executed, along with Yu's illegitimate harsesis spawn.

3. teacake

Yes that is a very good explanation! Also odd though was that on one at SG1 commented on this.

The Light: The team goes to an opium palace and spends half the episode tripping on a giant lava lamp. They were the lucky ones though as another whole team dies from going cold turkey. They are cured after spending three weeks in rehab, presumably doing work sent through the gate by Hammond so they don't die of boredom. I would have liked to have seen O'Neill treating Hammond like room service and ordering all manner of things to eat and occupy himself with.

4. gturner

gturner Admiral

There are two explanations for that too. Either the Goa'uld all look alike to them, or nobody wanted to tell Daniel that his wife is cheating on the alien she left him for. The probalby didn't tell him the Goa'uld had been watching her sex tape on those communication balls, either.

That had some interesting elements, like Daniel on his balcony. Between that episode and the Mephisto episode where you saw the address on the front of his building, we can probably figure out where Daniel lives and steal a bunch of spankin' cool artifacts.

They could've had a follow-up to the episode where they travel to the boy's home planet to find out who else in the galaxy is sending out teams of archeologists, which could've gone in some interesting directions for a Daniel-centric episode or two.

5. teacake

Let's do it.

Or better yet, dress up as Egyptians and take photos in front of the building as visiting Goa'uld.

6. gturner

gturner Admiral

I wonder if it was one of the actor's actual apartments, or perhaps someone on the crew? I recall that Carter's house was just a nice house they found to film in.

BTW, Michael Shanks and Vaitiare Bandera (Amaunet/Sha're) have a daughter, Tatiana, who was in a couple of SG-1 episodes including "Secrets" in season 1 or 2, where she played a fetus, and quite well I might add.

7. teacake

OH REALLY. That I did not know about Shanks and Sha're! I am not looking up Stargate people in order to avoid spoilers for the show. Are they still together?

Prodigy: So I figured the little snot nosed thing would end up subsumed by aliens in a poignant way. This did not happen. Do I want to see her again? No.

8. teacake

Entity: Carter sends a message.

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, these days Shanks is married to Lexa Doig (best known in sci-fi circles for her role on Andromeda). I believe they have two children together, a son and a daughter.

10. teacake

Double Jeopardy: This is fantastic, we get to see the doppelgangers again! I was watching this thinking.. you know you really can't get better than this, having TWO O'Neill's out there in the universe. If you tried to get it on with one of them and it didn't work out well you just learn from your mistakes and go after the other one!

AND THEN.. goddamn it. And really, I don't get it. Most of their deaths was because of the power drainage wasn't it? Why didn't they desperately rush them back through the gate to Harlan's pad and fix them up?

Also in this episode we had this Goa'uld:

[​IMG]

OH how I hated her. I kept looking at her and thinking, "if I had a psycho ex-girlfriend this is exactly what she would look like".

This was a sad and rather pointless end to the doubles. Good episode other than the deaths.

11. gturner

gturner Admiral

Yeah, that episode was pretty sad in the end. I was hoping Harlan could fix them, but that's the last we see of him. On the bright side, another system lord bit the dust at the hands of SG-1.

The Jack/Jack pissing contest was cute.

12. teacake

And now Harlan is alone.

Exodus: Big space battle finale with a great twist in the end. Lost outside the galaxy with Apophis. O'Neill's droll commentary was on fire for this one.

13. teacake

Enemies: Could Apophis actually be DEAD? It seems unlikely. Surely someone ringed him off the ship at the last minute. And no, please do not answer the question, I would rather wait and see :D

[​IMG]

So what does Chronos's throne say here? I know the big middle word says Chronos.

14. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting idea. They could even have tied it back to Malakai, another gate-traveling archaeologist. Missed opportunity.

15. gturner

gturner Admiral

Ooo... That would've been a very good tie-in. If they'd have seen that potential, they could've somehow used the boy in both episodes, perhaps by having only his mother die in the fountain episode ("Light") and the father trying to bring her back, or the boy trying to recover his parents, or some other variation. They would've also had another civilization that could understand and operate Ancient technology.

16. teacake

But then Daniel would have been an Indianna Jones character and had more of a profile. He's kind of dropped into the background now.

17. gturner

gturner Admiral

Oh, Daniel is always getting killed off and he always bounces back tougher than ever. :D

Daniel: "Dr. Jones I presume."
    Indiana: "Ah, Daniel Jackson, is it? Flown any pyramids lately?"
    Daniel: "Yes, as a matter of fact I have, you tomb raiding hack."
    Indiana: "Listen, boyo, I've faced down Nazis and come away with nothing but a few scratches."
    Daniel: "I've faced down advanced parasitic aliens, reptiles, space bugs, advanced replicating machines, and been killed more times than I can count."
    Indiana: "I've fought aliens, too. Sometime maybe I'll tell you about the ones who made the crystal skulls."
    Daniel: "They're friends of mine. Nice planet."
    Indiana: "I've unleashed the power in the Arc of the Covenant."
    Daniel: "And it killed what, 30 Nazi conscripts and a short little scar-faced windbag? I've freed whole planets and wiped out alien armadas that would eat the entire Third Reich like an horderve at a cocktail party."
    Indiana: "Well the ladies were rather impressed."
    Daniel: "Oh please. You couldn't keep a woman interested enough to sign on for a sequel.
    Indiana: "Can I help it if I run around with strong-willed, powerful women?"
    Daniel: "Squealing like a little girl when they see a skeleton is powerful?"
    Indiana: "She was a blonde."
    Daniel: "The blonde I run around with blew up a star, actually made it go nova and obliterated a solar system, as a diversion."
    Indiana: "Don't make me go all Han Solo on your a**."

18. teacake

^ :guffaw:

You're good gturner, verrrry good. I especially like the contrasting blondes!

19. gturner

gturner Admiral

Thank you. :)

And welcome to season 5. Your SG-1 journey is halfway complete.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I had no idea, either, but a Google search brought up this info at the Stargate Wiki.