T.H.U.G.S. Get Your CONNOR Fix Here!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by JiNX-01, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xabitrip

Xabitrip Lieutenant Red Shirt

Well, considering I've recently been made redundant from the Royal Bank of Scotland here in the UK, I definitely hope Madoff doesn't gain from this book. I will definitely enjoy listening to Connor explaining exactly what this guy did!!

2. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i just checked sci fi channel for their June tv schedule listings. Connor's movie still isn't listed to be shown yet

3. frenchman

frenchman Commander Red Shirt

i really hope that this guy doesn"t gain money from this book:censored:

4. Reanok

I was visiting Connor's bbs at Imdb and he had filmed other scenes for the 24 shows that had him listed at Imdb.And the scenes he filmed were left on the cutting room floor.:klingon::scream: I think it's really disappointing they were cut.I wonder what the scenes would've been like had they been shown on tv.maybe they'd be included in a 24 deleted scenes selection on a dvd set.

5. lceb

lceb Commander Red Shirt

That's sad, but I suppose it happens to all the actors. They had him listed for three hours for a while, then they cut it to the one we saw him on.

6. frenchman

connor has always said that he was in one hour, so i suppose he was aware of that.

anyway, it's sad, but i think it's happen to all actors.

7. Penguin

Penguin Commander Red Shirt

May I add one more thing on audio books?

I would love to have the original actors Connor, Jolene, John, Linda, Dominic, anthony reprise their roles in Audio books that would expand on some of the Episodes in the Series. episodes that did not have the time to do the subject of the episode justice.

I would dearly love to hve an entire book devoted to T-Pol's seduction of Trip in Harbinger. what they talked about durng the time they were in Bed. How many time s di they actually make love. Did t-Pol and Trip reveal thier true feelings in the heat of passion.

There are other episodes that would make a good book if expanded.

Just musing.

8. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

There are a bazillion fanfiction stories that fill in the blanks of "Harbinger." Some in great detail. :lol: That's probably the best way to go. I don't think the Relaunch books are going to be looking backward.

9. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Pity, I tend to enjoy flashbacks used to explore characters' backgrounds, like couple of those T'Pol's flashbacks in "Kobayshi Maru."
    I'm pretty sure that one of them actually is about that night in "Harbinger."

10. Reanok

T'pol was definitely recalling the events in Harbinger in that flashback scene about Trip in Kobayashi Maru.And how deeply it effected her more than she realized it would.

11. Penguin

Penguin Commander Red Shirt

I think you are missing the intent of my post.

Episodes like Dawn, It could be expanded into a book to flesh out what happened between the two. Stalking, fighting, trying to communicate. but in much more detail. that is the problem with Episodes having to devote 23 minutes of time to commercials. Too much shorthand and too much reliance on the viewers imagination.

Oasis, The crew finding evidence that seems to contradict the girls story. Trip and t-Pol working on the ship together and then the discovery of what really happened. this could be made into a book of about 100 or so pages. Lots of story in there.

Other episodes that needed to be filled out to make them more understandable and interesting.

Not just flashbacks. I guess my example of Harbinger was misleading although it does intrigue me.

As I say to have the actors doing the audio book in character. I would buy a whole series of those if they expanded on some Episodes.

12. My2tailwaggers

My2tailwaggers Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think it would be great if there was an Enterprise book that included short stories on all of the backgrounds of the crew. I really enjoyed the Voyager ones.. Mosaic and also Pathways. One had the life history of Janeway, and the other had the history of the crew. Great books... I would really enjoy one like this on the Enterprise crew!!

13. Reanok

Pocket books has done short story collections for the different series. I would be glad to see Enterprise has it's turn of having more books come out. Ds9 had alot of books out for it's tenth anniversary I'm hoping Enterprise will get the same chance too.

14. frenchman

hi everyone

i'm going to try to translate the connor's panel in fedcon 18 in germany, yesterday
    it's in german, thanks my pc translator (where is Hoshi?????)

source : http://live.startrek.de/berichte.php?bid=12

here i go

apparently, there were not sitting place free anymore, and people were up. connor was tired and jetlaged

about 24 : connor was estonished by some comments after the episod was aired. "you have not been killed". about his role, he said, hopefully, he was well prepared because kiefer sutherland changed the text all the time (i have already heard that kiefer sutherland was a perfectionnist).

about Stargate atlantis : it was on the makeup process. i think we all know that. he hope to be on the upcoming movie (i've read some news about that, and i don't think so, unleast i don't see how, the action is on earth).

he is not a technological geek, but his wife is. she has about 30 applications on his i-phone and connor has always the default choice (earth).

then he explains how he became an actor (football, girl, missing date at theater, want to be an actor).

then he explains how he obtained his role on Enterprise.

a women asked him the secret of a long marriage (my god, some people are.....). he answered : "never give up, always talk to, 50/50 decisions, respect. the better things with his wife : his marriage, his son birth.
    the women's husband complained to connor that his wife and him had an only subject of discution (and again : oh my god!!!) : connor. so connor asked to the man a favour : kiss his wife and the man did.

more seriously, connor said he is proud about Enterprise and sad that the show has been canceled. he said that once a group of scientist came on the set and they are inspired by all the fictive technology.

ok, i did my best. i hope you'll understand all.

today, connor has a tribute to star trek panel with Nichelle Nichols, john billingsley, bob picardo.

15. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Thanks so much for the post! Your efforts at translation were pretty good. Didn't quite understand all of it, but I hope NXOner will be stopping in when she gets home to her computer to clarify. :)

16. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

Not bad since it had to go from English to German and then back to English.

How do they handle translations live at the show? Does someone translate over the microphone or do they rely on Europeans ability to speak multiple languages? (That would never work in the US.) Any idea what foreign language Connor took in school? I heard him speak a few lines of Spanish in an interview but that may be what he picked up so he could order beer in Tijuana.:lol:

17. lceb

lceb Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for the post Frenchman, the translation was all right!:techman: I'd like to read more about Connor's relationship with terchnology! But no photos??? I looked at the adress you gave, but no photos there....

18. frenchman

i'm searching photos, but apparently nothing until now!

aaah, i found that

[​IMG]

and this
    [​IMG]

that 's wierd, we find a lot of pics about the guests from BSG, Eureka, Stargate, but concerning Star Trek, it's tough

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  19. Reanok

One of the best sites to find out the latest news about Fedcon and picture galleries and videos is link http://www.treknews.de

20. Flibble

Flibble Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There are no translations at Fedcon. Luckily, most of the German fans there, speak and understand English. The only actors who spoke some German at the convention were Bob Picardo and Max Grodenchik. (I am sure I have spelt that wrong!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.