Surely something good happened to you today

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Aug 21, 2018.

1. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

Since my doc suspected my recent memory problems might be caused by a brain tumor I just had an MRT. I'll get the official diagnose next week but they gave me a copy of the raw scan data on CD and I just had a look at it: everything in perfect order =)
    My theory is that the memory probs are very likely just a lack of vitamins. Besides, nobody survives 3 decades of public service without some more or less obvious brain defects :biggrin:

If it wasn't that hot I'd go out and celebrate with an ice cream. But at 39°C in the shade I rather stay at home and have a homegrown tomato.

KimMH, Avro Arrow and Gary Mitchell like this.
  2. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We had a chat about whether we wanted another baby.

3. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

I did a little swimming too but in a neighbor's pool. Given how hot the weather is they had the nice idea to invite the neighborhood to a "pool party".:D

4. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Or maybe a tomato sorbet!! It's a fruit after all.;)

I am glad to hear that you don't have any tumors.

rhubarbodendron likes this.
  5. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Commodore Commodore

My friends & I have been trying to find time to put a band together for awhile, and even though it's been an ordeal trying to get even 2 practices in a row, it's looking good to do our first gig in October! So that was good news today that we're all on the same page and really going to do this!

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Good for you! So many people talk about doing it but you're ACTUALLY doing it. :bolian: Best of luck.

7. NewHeavensNewEarth

Thank you! I'm still a nervous wreck about it, but it's a great bunch of people with wonderful talent, and it'll be worth it! Your support is appreciated!!!

rhubarbodendron likes this.
  8. Obsidian7

Obsidian7 Commander Red Shirt

Years ago, I wrote a 1500 word zombie apocalypse short story. It worked out fine but I always wanted to flesh out the story a little more. Which meant writing an extra 500 words. Mainly, I wanted to explore the strained relationship between the main character and his undead kin.

The aim was to show how the character honoured their lives through his daily routine. There were other story elements that needed to be fine tuned but I ran into writer's block.

Tonight, I figured out some creative ways to tie up the loose ends and potential plot holes.

9. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

I was in a sort of band, made up of learner guitarists like myself and until recently we played every Saturday and maybe once midweek. Played my own songs which they were happy to do, and we had our tutor guitar guru guy as a "stiffener", but as is the norm with "bands" we kinda drifted apart.
    Now I have to get by playing on my own, its not fun.
    If I ever found another group of like minded people to jam with, then that would be a good day, but its unlikely.
    I have made inroads in Spain to tie up with three different musicians, (I have a flat there) but I'm nowhere near their level and I get a bit overawed when jamming, although at least one guy loved my songs.
    Going back in August, so hopefully can play with these guys again.

10. NewHeavensNewEarth

If you happen to go from Spain to the States, look me up and let's jam!

11. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Got to face off against Team Rocket twice today in Pokémon Go :).

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  12. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

I think that after all these years, I've resigned myself to never seeing the States
    But hey, thanks for the offer :)

13. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

A friend cheered me up.

KimMH, think, Butters and 4 others like this.
  14. Gary Mitchell

I'm so happy right now my face is damp.

KimMH, Obsidian7, think and 2 others like this.
  15. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a phobia of wasps. I hate the bastards. I have been stung exactly once when I was about 4 years old, and it instilled an over wary sense of caution and terror. For some reason, we’ve had more wasps in the house in one day than in the rest of the time we’ve lived, but, unlike previous years, I have been able to calmly show them out,

I’ve been taking medication for anxiety since the end of last year, it’s possible, as a side effect, my phobia has been cured.

16. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Having a lazy day at home. Did a little ironing, some laundry and watched some "QI." Will go water the lawn after 7 pm. Such an exciting life I lead. On the plus side, it's pretty much stress-free.

KimMH and Avro Arrow like this.
  17. Gary Mitchell

Luckily I don't have to water the lawn today, though the lawn might float away.
    I installed a new garbage disposal using only a youtube video for reference. I wired it up and everything and didn't flood or burn down the house.

18. think

think Like Spock Premium Member

it is said that waking up is good.. I woke up today at some point then decided to get out of bed.. another good thing other then that nothing bad has happened .... yet. :)

KimMH, Gary Mitchell and Avro Arrow like this.
  19. Obsidian7

Obsidian7 Commander Red Shirt

This morning, I got a ticket booked for The Wrath Of Khan screening/William Shatner Q&A next year. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to see Captain Kirk.

think, KimMH, Avro Arrow and 2 others like this.
  20. Mrs. Silvercrest

Mrs. Silvercrest Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I got Scooby Doo Stamps :)

KimMH and Gary Mitchell like this.