Supernatural news

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Snick27, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

he was in that movie Pathology, where he wasn't quirky at all. Although it was a pretty straight and narrow character. I think he was a medical professor.

2. Scribe34

Scribe34 Commander Red Shirt

I think they're going for a Neil Gaiman type of Lucifer.

I'm pretty sure Gaiman said that he modelled that Lucifer after David Bowie or Sting...I could be wrong.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I wonder if we'll find out that Lucifer has been weakened by his long captivity. Or that he'll think that Hell has gone to Hell without him; perhaps he'll be portrayed as simply a rebel whose followers got out of control in his absence. Or, equally likely, we'll learn that there is something special, something game changing, about Sam and Dean that even Lucifer fears....

4. Deckard

Deckard Captain Captain

Visually that's true. Gaiman insisted that the devil was David Bowie, which is why in Lucifer's first appearance in Sandman he bears a very strong resemblance to Space Oddity-era Bowie

I believe it was John Constantine who was modeled after Sting.

Given that Kripke is apparently influenced by both Gaiman's "Sandman" and "American Gods" novel I'm really hoping that he will base Lucifer on Mike Carey's version of the character: infinitely powerful, disarmingly charming and totally devoid of empathy and compassion.

I agree that this will be a decisive and difficult role to cast and I hope to god that they don't cast some twentysomething pretty boy who wouldn't be able to give the character the depth and gravitas that such a role would require.

Jon Glover would be a good choice but I'd also like to see Damian Lewis give it a go. Not only is Lewis a great actor (as well a Brit, and we Brits always make the best bad guys :D ) but he also bears a slight resemblance to Carey's Lucifer.

Whatever the outcome I'm really geared up for season 5 now and can't wait to see how things are going to turn out

5. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Supernatural has been pretty lucky or skilled with casting thus far. They've only had a couple of bad choices along the way. Also Lucifer's rebellion against God could be written with some serious parallels to the brothers' story. Lucifer could describe God as being highly controlling and Sam's expulsion from the family could provide for a little bonding episode between the two.

6. Scribe34

Scribe34 Commander Red Shirt

So if Kripke is a fan of Gaiman's there's a good chance he probably fllows the Mike Carey version of Lucifer...which would be great.

Anyone knows if Sean Bean is doing anything....?

7. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not necessarily. Why does Satan have to be comic book evil? How about cerebral evil where he uses charisma to get normally good people to do his bidding?

8. 3D Master

3D Master Rear Admiral

Lucifer actually is the good guy in religion. He is the one who gave us sentience, not God, it is Lucifer that made us in God's image. He just got really bad PR folks; while God, the megalomaniacal, psychotic, killer of billions has the good PR folks that keep claiming he's sweet, nice and forgiving.

The first scene: Lucifer kills Ruby/Lilith (whichever of the two was still alive, I can't remember), and then says, "Sam and Dean Wichester. It is an honor to meet you. If you want to safeguard humanity from Angel's dropping essentially nuclear bombs on cities and bringing Armageddon, we have much work to do."

9. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

that's like saying "come with me if you want to live..."

10. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    Um, both Ruby and Lilith are dead at this point and the YED massacred a chapel full of nuns just to talk to the old man. So I think that Lucifer knows exactly whats going on and approves.

Doesn't mean that God's not a megalomaniac SoB especially if he is who we think he is:shifty:...

11. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Damn, I wish Adrian Pasdar wasn't committed to Heroes. He has that wicked seductive, great potential for evil vibe going on and then some. :evil:

EDIT--Okay, here we go. I like this bit. It's confirmed that Adrianne Palicki will make an appearance early in the season as Jessica. More torment for Sam.

Adrianne Palicki confirmed

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  12. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I actually thought it was a huge, huge mistake to not have her be one of the witnesses in the 2nd episode last season. After all I don't think there is a single character that Sam feels he his more responsible for that has died. Actually, probably more then anyone that Dean feels responsible for that they could have used (would be Sam and John). And Sam brought back to life, and John spirit is apparently at rest so not available.

Of course the actress does stay busy, but I wonder if they thought of her for that episode.

13. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope this is not going to be Supernatural's last season.

14. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

where do they go after theDevil?

hang on a minute, have those two people ever been seen in the same room together?

[crazy] come this fall to NBC, WO/MAN the story of a man and a woman, starring Adrian Pasdar & Adriannne Palicki, in a dual role only the "two" of them can play[/crazy]

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

God. :evil:

16. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

because what the "Christian family" groups, dont hate this show enough already? or are they focusing their energy on Twilight & Torchwood at the moment?

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I was joking. :p

It'd be hilarious though. :lol:

18. 3D Master

3D Master Rear Admiral

:confused: I was pretty sure John spent some time in hell, and then escaped when the Devil's Gate was opened. He should still be out there, whatever a spirit John would be up to.

19. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Mswood, TPTB wanted Adrianne Palicki for the "Are You There, God, It's me, Dean Winchester" eppy. She had scheduling conflicts with Friday Night Lights.

He did escape through the Devil's Gate. I thought the point of John disappearing into a white light showed that he was going to heaven, or nirvana, or to the spiritual plane. The white light was indicative of him not returning to hell.

Also on an interesting (hopeful) casting note......from Ms. Samantha Ferris' blog....

Samantha Ferris

....Impact is about the earth being in jeopardy from a mass hitting the moon. Interesting concept. Not typical of what you'd expect from another "oh my gawd, the world is coming to an end!" movie. Not going to give you much detail so watch it!

I'm all suit and tie...very not Ellen.

Speaking of which.....i might have some interesting news......

On that note.....

Talk to you very soon!....

Oh gosh I hope so. Ellen coming back, even for a single episode guest shot, would be sweet.

20. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I'm kinda hopin' they'll bring Jo back as well.