News Superman & Lois Ordered to Series at The CW

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Sara is two years younger. Laurel was born November 15, 1985, and Sara was born on Christmas Day 1987.

2. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

The Primetimer article from yesterday says they're twins. As noted, I'm not sure how much credence to give it, but they did have Jordan Kent's name right BEFORE the casting news today confirmed it.

Many of the sites reporting on the casting have also said they're twins, but they could just be picking that up from other articles and running with it.

3. The Realist

4. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Decent photo. But she’s no Amy Adams.

Serveaux likes this.
  5. The Realist

LOL. Well, let's face it, nobody is.

Still, I really liked Tulloch in "CoIE." I was a little jury's-still-out after "Elseworlds," but she had more and better stuff to do in "Crisis," and I thought she nailed it. I'm confident she's going to be excellent in this series and do Lois's screen legacy proud. :techman:

6. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

You’re right. I just had to get a plug in for my all time favourite Lois (by a country mile). :techman:

Valin and The Realist like this.
  7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's a pretty cool picture.
    I can't remember was this already ordered to series, or was it just a pilot order?

8. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Ordered to series.

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Superman & Lois has a series order. Green Arrow and the Canaries is still waiting. (Oddly, one has an ampersand and the other apparently doesn't.)

10. The Realist

What is purportedly the pilot script leaked online recently. (If anyone reads it, please don't post spoilers. I had to abandon a discussion thread on another forum because people started discussing it extensively without spoiler tags.) What I find surprising is the many positive responses I've seen. Online fandom basically lives to destroy, yet people were praising the characterization, themes, concepts, pacing ... the reactions I saw were practically a lovefest. I also gather it doesn't really conform to the familiar Arrowverse formulas, at least initially. All very intriguing and encouraging.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Given the overall reaction to the GAatC episode, and the fact that The CW is only going to have 2 open slots for new shows, I doubt that it'll go to series.

12. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I haven't read--the only spoiler I have seen I was not a fan of, but hopefully they will get this right, given how poorly they have written Superman so far. It would be a very pleasant surprise if they do this well.

13. The Realist

Seems that Jordan Elsass (aka Clark and Lois's son Jonathan) did a podcast recently, with some Sm&L related comments as reported here:

www.kryptonsite.com/jordan-elsass-talks-superman-lois-a-love-for-smallville-in-new-podcast/amp/

My main takeaway from this is the confirmation the show is based in Smallville, which tracks with pretty much every rumor out there, including the stuff cited uptopic from Primetimer as well as what I've gathered about the leaked pilot script.

14. The Realist

Purported casting sheet, presumably for the first episode. I'm guessing it's authentic; it reads like it, and tracks with everything else I've heard about the pilot.

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2020/03/08/superman-and-lois-gets-some-new-characters/

It's notable that they're casting both Perry White and Ron Troupe, and interesting that they're going with "any ethnicity" for both. Perry is listed as a "principal," Ron as an "actor" (I assume distinguishing the latter as a smaller or guest role).

15. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Love that they are calling this the new Lois and Clark. Loved that show. I wonder who is playing Captain Luthor?

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Captain Luthor??? Is that some sort of Lois and Clark thing? (Didn't watch much of the show)

17. thribs

It’s what reported in the pilot of this new show. Like those Brainacs, he’s supposed to be a refugee from a old universe that is now on Earth Prime.

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Didn't hear anything about a "Captain Luthor".

19. The Realist

Might be something from the leaked script, which I avoided reading, and any references to which should be spoiler tagged. :shifty:

20. thribs

The only thing that worries me are the kids. To me they are setting up one of them to go all Anakin and turn on his family. I hope I’m wrong.
    Superboy Prime in a nutshell