Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

I don't think he really has any other choice than to be traditionalist or extremely close to traditionalist. They fan backlash would be unprecedented and the problem with that is that everyone is a fan of Superman. Whether they are a "big" fan or not, Superman is so much of an icon that messing with the iconism of him would be messing with like everyones childhood.

I did like the suit in Returns though.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's most likely going to be a backlash from fans on the suit anyways. There always is with comic book movie costumes. This film will be no exception. I liked the Returns suit as well. They used it at the start of Geoff Johns Action Comics run. Adam Kubert did a take on it.

3. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

Let's hope he does, there's always room for improvement anyway. A good costume to use would be the one from Superman: Earth One-it has great-looking boots.

BTW, I came across an article about the concept of casting a black Lois Lane, and how it would fare: Chromatic Campaign, anyone?: The Case For Rashida Jones To Play Lois Lane

Exactly what I've been saying about the casting of peoples of color.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  4. Admiral_Young

^ That article was already posted earlier. Seriously Dusty do you read through threads and stuff? LOL.

5. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Rashida Jones? Her mother Peggy Lipton is white. Were the campaigners for nontraditional race casting afraid that a darker actress would be a tougher sell?

6. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the suit will be fairly traditional, but slightly updated. Snyder has never really swayed too much when it comes to classic looking comic-book costumes (for example, look at Watchmen) but I do think he likes to update them a bit.

7. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I didn't have much of an opinion about the new choice for Superman until I read the guy's wikipedia page. Yikes. He's been a front-runner for Batman, James Bond, Edward Cullen in Twilight, and a character in the Harry Potter movies. He lost out on every one of those roles. The guy was even cast as Superman once and then was released once that project fell apart. He should really retire from acting if this new Superman project doesn't pan out... That's just painful. :lol:

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well he got casted, so I guess it's finally paying off. Let's see how he does.

9. Admiral_Young

10. Obiwanshinobi

Woohooo!

Man this is almost like a Fantasy Casting League we got going on here, haha.

We should wager on something.

11. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

He was cast as Superman before (for McG). That project never got filmed, though. Let's see if this version has better luck.

12. Obiwanshinobi

I know that, but as you said, that fell through and now I guess things are finally picking up for him.

13. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Fair enough. I hope this one works out for him.

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since he's been up for practically every role, maybe one day he'll reach the internet fandom level of Bruce Campbell and Nathan Fillion where people offer up Henry Cavill for every possible role that opens up. :lol:

15. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I hope he at least got some decent cash out of the first McG casting. I doubt he got anything out of being a finalist for the other roles.

16. Obiwanshinobi

Henry Cavill for Lion-O for Thundercats movie! Or Commander Keith Kogane, Black Lion from Voltron.

17. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

You can count her out. She's gonna be kind of busy...she's pregnant.

18. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

It wouldn't be the first time Superman got Lois pregnant.

19. Admiral_Young

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I have no problem with McAdams, Biel or Wilde...just no Kristen Stewart! :lol: