Spoilers Supergirl - Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I also don't think this will last long. Remember the time Clark Kent was going to do the same thing on "Smallville" and he was back to interacting with his friends in the next season opener or the time OLiver Queen and Felicity Smoak were going to leave the crime fighting behind on "Arrow" and that lasted a episode.

Is it me but do the sets look kind of different?

Jason

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It does look like they've remodeled the DEO a bit, which is understandable after it was trashed by the Daxamites. Meanwhile, 37 Earths over, I noticed that Team Flash has a new console in the Cortex.

3. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do we know if they plan on using the same sets for the Katt's magazine/newspaper building? If they dumped them then that could indicate a more extensive time were Kara tries to go without a human identity. No reason to keep them if she doesn't have a job to go to.

Jason

4. Christopher

There is a shot of James in his/Cat's office in the trailer, so we know that part of the set's still standing, at least. And since James seems to be the occupant of the office, that suggests it comes from after the season premiere, since we know Cat will be in that one. So that suggests the sets will remain.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

6. Enterprise is Great

7. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Description says Saturn Girl uses her "telekinetic" abilities :brickwall: For anyone who might not know, she's got the same powers as Professor X. Telepathy, but not telekinesis. She's not a Jean Grey type character, she can't both read minds and move things with it. I do hope its just a bad description, but it is the DCCW universe. Actually using things from the comics correctly seems to be offensive to most of the writers on a primal level. Like how they already screwed around with one Legionaire. At this point, I'm expecting Brainiac 5 to be the name of the Siri-like program on Kara's Lex-Phone 10 :lol:

TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  8. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

Pretty sure they switched it up since J'onn is already their resident telepathic character. Telepahty and telekinetics are often times combined as one mental power, so its a reasonable stretch IMO.

9. Enterprise is Great

Or someone just got confused.

10. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope someone got confused. No reason for the character to switch powers after 57 years just because Martian Manhunter is on the same show. Its not like they gave Superman different powers just because supergirl was on the show. Saturn Girl is probably just a guest character in an episode or two anyway, I doubt she'll be sticking around to take MM's place as resident telepath.

11. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

They don't really use the fact he's a telepath. It only ever gets mentioned when he can't use it ;)

theenglish likes this.
  12. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, he did admit to knowing Alex's preferences before she outed herself to her friends in the alien bar. When Alex asked why he never said anything, he replied that it wasn't "his place" to out her/confront her.

13. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Which I thought was a brilliant statement.

14. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

You're not kidding.

15. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

It's completely unimportant.

16. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know about anybody else, but I would love to see a live action Legion feature. You could do the intro story first so folks wouldn't be confused by the large number of characters that the Legion boasted later. (And a Supergirl cameo at the end would be pretty sweet.)

17. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

A special new addition to National City has been announced:

:D

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  18. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

3x01

Cat Grant... Not quite VP but close enough.

19. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Supergirl - S3-E1--
    "Girl of Steel"

SG/Kara:
    I see the TeenNicking with Metro-El has not run its course. Sure, she's in moaning / tantrum mode over his absence, but her treating everyone around her like fly-swarmed crap is very childish behavior (see: James). To ease her tantrum phase and her "Kara Danvers sucks", I see her being emotionally pushed (see it coming a mile away) toward another in order for her to leap up in the air saying "I finally found myself!".....

Where does she get off telling James "don't ever..." about the use of the signal watch? He--of ALL people--knows how and when to use it (see the bigger picture), and had been long before she took on the role of SG. Talk about overstepping boundaries.

Alex: 100% in the right column about Kara's "woe is me / Kara is nobody" routine.

Lena: Yes, there is a certain amount of guilt behind her "civic" activities, but there's a bigger picture Her buying Catco seems like more chess moves having nothing to do with business...

James: He's absolutely right about Kara not dumping her responsibilities and life because of her "lost love" tantrum phase. Moreover, he easily countered her reference to the Guardian being an interest by reminding her of his enjoying his life as regular James Olsen.

Predicting Lena trying more chess moves by buying Catco and trying to bury the hatchet with James, only for that to lead to...

Morgan Edge & Robert "Bloodsport" DuBois: The two point plan of using alien tech to attack the city / buying Catco (that failed) makes for an aggressive move to build their power, and though the plans were thwarted in this episode, I hope Edge sticks around. The series needs consistent, earth-based villains who do not fear aliens.

NOTES:
    As noted during season two, no criminal should not know about SG's power's so it makes no sense for anyone to use regular weapons against her.

FX--after two years--are still subpar, especially that terribly video-gamey sub, and the cracks in the ground.

Edge using explosives to open up real estate development opportunities? Come on, this series needs to stop ripping off plot points from Superman the Movie.

The mother lifting the girder off of her obvious set-up of a child---seems like they're borrowing from similar incidents covered in The Incredible Hulk pilot, along with the hint of another borrowed storyline.

More political soapboxing with the anvil-dropping "8-year old" reference to Trump (in the contrast with this series' alien president). That, along with "best press secretary since Robert Gibbs" (was that ever a loaded reference) means this series cannot stop the neverending whining about the current administration.

Why is DEO's Alex chasing criminals of a certain level with Maggie when that's not the job of the local police? Convenient plotting is...convenient.

GRADE: C

NEXT WEEK:
    Psi comes to town and pulls a Scarecrow, while Lena tries to play James...

JasonJ likes this.
  20. Christopher

Press secretary is both a logical role for Cat Grant and an utterly inappropriate one for her. :D

It's also a good idea metatextually, because it means Flockhart can appear more often as an onscreen talking head without needing to fly up to Vancouver.

I was surprised when Morgan Edge said he was buying Catco, but a moment later, I realized I shouldn't have been surprised, because the original comics character was introduced as the media mogul (and Intergang member) who bought the Daily Planet and turned Clark, Lois, and Jimmy into TV reporters for Galaxy Broadcasting in the '70s. So it was an even bigger surprise when Lena ended up buying Catco instead. Although I guess it makes sense, because it lets them consolidate their core cast a bit more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.