Strategic Designs/Cydonia 6 Ink: Any Progress?

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by Squiggy, Jun 2, 2013.

1. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Shane Johnson has had a health scare as well--he related that over at starshipmodeler a couple years or so ago. It makes me mad how the folks from the classic blueprint era have fallen on such hard times...

2. Admiral Danev

Admiral Danev Lieutenant Red Shirt

Okay I know Im necroposting, but has anyone noticed that the Cydonia6 website is down??? I hope Tims not having legal issues again......

Ive been checking that site probably once a week for updates as I want to get more blueprints, and now this....

Anyone know whats happening??

3. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt

Hi, I'll post here the same message I'm putting on my site:
    First I want to thank everyone for their emails. You’ve all been very understanding and supportive.
    I’ve spent the summer and fall of 2014 (in my free time) reformatting the prints to large poster size 23x35 inch which better fit the scale of the ships (no more overlapping sheets, yay!). In doing so,I invested
    in a large format printer/plotter. After extensive testing all summer, I felt that I was ready to start sales. To my horror and frustration the machine decided to give every problem there was to give. It took all day
    to output something that should have taken 20 minutes. Anyway, I wasn’t going to try and keep up and inevitably fall behind. So I need to sort this problem out before I can continue. My apologies to everyone!

I really don't want to go back to the overlapping sheets. So I'm at a crossroads of what to do.

Tim

4. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I hope everything works out for you. :)

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Same here. I love line prints.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, it's "Starfleet" as far back as "The Minagerie" two-parter.

I always thought "Star Fleet" as two words was a copyright workaround. Paramount owned (CBS does now) "Starfleet" so unofficial blueprints and manuals used the two-word version. I even saw one (I think the USS Ingram blueprints?) with "Official Star Fleet product" on the cover, with "Star Fleet" written in the TOS yellow font! At first glance, you'd think it was licenced Trek.