Storage Wars

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Mrs.Q2 is a fan of the Texas version. I've watched a handful of their episodes and found them to be entertaining, sometimes quite funny in a red-neck hick way.

Q2

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

So any news from A&E about this? Because it coming from Hester makes me doubt its authenticity. That man has probably ruined his busines(ses) because of utter dickery on the show so he's probably grasping at straws for notoriety.

If things ARE planted or fake I think that's somewhat expected or not too surprising. It has always seemed like SOMETHING was happening behind the scenes to make some of the lockers worth more. Especially some of the odder instances of things showing up. As for the cast, Barry is by far my favorite. I'd love to hang out with that guy he just seems like a hoot. Darrel seems okay but a bit too dickish at times. Brandi has only one thing going for her otherwise she's a complete, cold, bitch. Jarrod seems okay but has his balls in Brandi's purse.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Storage Wars" is an A & E show, not Discovery. I disagree about Brandi, she's not that cold Trekker. Yes she has been a bitch on the show, but she's had some light moments as well. We have no idea how these people are in real life. We see only a facet of them in controlled circumstances on camera. They all have "gimmicks" or roles they have been branded with on the show and play up to them. Barry is probably the most "real" person on the series and that is why everyone likes him so much. As mentioned he's my favourite cast member as well.

4. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

he did have to sell his big warehouse already.

I don't know if his business problems are a direct result of his dickery on the show though. Apparantly prices of lockers has skyrocketed since the show first aired.

wonder if they actually got to keep and sell the stuff that was planted?

5. Trekker4747

A&E, right, sorry.

As for Brandi, yeah she's had her moments of lightness and obviously there's more to her than what we see in the episodes, but still there's just moments in there where it just makes me wonder what Jarrod sees in her beyond the obvious.

6. Admiral_Young

So season four is about to start next month...on April 16th. They've been showing the rest of season three as "specials" attached before the airing of "Bates Motel". Dave Hester is officially gone from the show, and as we've discussed Hester is suing the show for wrongful termination. Apparently as of this month A&E partially won part of their law suit against Hester.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/...-aes-partial-victory-against-dave-hester.html

They've also added additional "buyers" to the cast. My favourite of the newbies is Ivy Calvin.

7. Trekker4747

So, Hester is a giant asshat. Anyone who watched the show knew that. ;)

8. Admiral_Young

Yeah I think it's going to lose some of it's dynamic due to his absence, but I'm sure there will be quarrels with the newbies.

It's kind of amazing that this show has reached four seasons now. It's also sadly one of my favourite shows on tv too :)

9. Trekker4747

It's an enjoyable show and, really, Brandi and Barry make the show for me.

10. Admiral_Young

Also they've added Brandon to the opening titles...not his name or anything, but he appears in one of the walking sequences with his father.

11. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if Darrell Sheets' constant denigration of his son is part of the show? If it isn't, then he is a giant douchebag, the way he treats him.

12. Trekker4747

I suspect it is. Though, on the flip side, I'm sure Jarrod really does keep his balls in Brandi's purse.

13. Amaris

It has less to do with emasculation, and more to do with the idea that Jarrod gets himself into trouble only to blame Brandi for it. She's not perfect, but she does seem to be a lot smarter and more on her game than Jarrod.

Also, Barry is awesome. I know that's not what we're talking about, but it's worth repeating.

14. Admiral_Young

Darrell's treatment of Brandon is rather douchey...but they also seem to be relatively on good terms. It was rather lame that the show attempted to create an "arc" of sorts with the conflict between them last season. It just was so obviously contrived and didn't go anywhere after two episodes basically.

Barry is the best character on the show, and the reason why I started watching in the first place.

15. Trekker4747

Barry really is awesome, I'd love to hang out with him doing this shit. He'd make it fun and interesting.

16. Admiral_Young

It'd be a hoot to be his sidekick and then go for a beer or a burger afterwards. He seems like that type of guy.

17. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Totally. Love Barry.

18. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Barry's my favorite too, although while he is dubbed with the nickname "The Collector", I've noticed that he really doesn't treat potentially collectible items with the kind of care that one would expect from a collector. He has a tendency to roughly unwrap things and throw them around back in the box he found them in without rewrapping them, and I've lost count of the number of times he's randomly pulled huge stacks of boxes and storage containers crashing down without much regard to what could potentially be inside. There's a bit of a disparity there.

Although I must say, I always look forward to seeing what kind of bizarre vehicle he shows up to these auctions in. I honestly wonder where he finds some of those contraptions. That art-deco boat-car was quite something! :lol:

19. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love Barry, but am always a bit alarmed when he walks away from a bunch of stuff that Jarrod and Brandy could have made money on. Especially in the beginning when they weren't doing that well.

20. Amaris

For all we know he could have offered it to them. I've seen him make deals with Jarrod and Brandi before. Then again, Jarrod strikes me as the proud type.