News Stay At Home With ULTRAMAN| Ultra Science Fiction Hour on YouTube

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kai "the spy", May 1, 2020.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I've only seen a few Ultraman series, but they tend to do at least one episode per season where Ultraman fights at human scale. Although in one case it was because his human host was miniaturized, and turning giant cancelled that out.

I sometimes wonder how far it could go. Since Ultra Warriors seem to have conscious control over their size, I imagine they could choose to miniaturize themselves (I think I saw that once), maybe go microscopic. And I wonder what an Ultra's maximum possible size would be.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Speak of the Ultraman....

Ultraman Z episode 8

Ultraman Z's new form "Gamma future" has an attack where he can shrink and blast the enemy inside

I'm constantly amazed this series is getting 1 million views per episode. It puts to shame Toei's attempts at globalization/ awareness

Kai "the spy" likes this.
  3. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Beat me to posting episode 8.

But I can add two other listings for premieres over the next two days. First, tomorrow's "Watch With Zero" is episode #9 of "Ultraman Orb":

Followed in two days by the throwback episode #8 of "Ultraman Ginga S":

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  4. Kai "the spy"

And to follow last week's upload to coincide with the release of "Ultraman Taiga - The Movie", here's the second part of the Ultra Brothers 2-parter from "Ultraman Taro" (ep. 34):

And here is the listing of episode #9 of "Ultraman Z":

5. Kai "the spy"

"Watch with Zero" this week presents episode #16 of "Ultraman X", streaming at 8.30 pm Eastern time (US), 2.30 am here in mid-Europe:

6. Kai "the spy"

Tsuburaya listed this Sunday/Monday's (depends on your timezone, really) throwback episode under the "Watch with Zero" banner. Huh. Anyway, it's episode #16 of "UltraSeven", the King Joe episode to coincide with the latest "Ultraman Z" episode. Livestreaming in less than three hours:

7. Kai "the spy"

I guess the Tsuburaya intern responsible for the upload forgot to add the subtitles. :sigh:

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can you watch random episodes of the different shows like this without being totally lost?

9. Christopher

From what I've seen, yes -- Ultraman is quite episodic, unlike the heavily serialized Kamen Rider, or the more loosely serialized Super Sentai. Although I haven't seen much of Ultraman and nothing recent.

10. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

For the older shows, from what I've seen, yes. The newer stuff, not as much. It isn't quite as serialized as Rider or Sentai, but having seen all of Ultraman Geed (which is relatively recent) I can't see someone wanting to watch a random episode of that show outside of the first handful, because stuff definitely happens and things change.

11. Kai "the spy"

So, there's a show coming to Tsuburaya's YouTube channel that they thought they had to promote internationally with an English-language trailer:

Gotta love the subtitle. There are lots of conspiracies out there, but only one "Absolute Conspiracy". :D

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was that a woman or a kid with the orange on their suit? The voice sounded higher pitched than an adult guy's.

13. Christopher

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I think that was her. I didn't know there had been an Ultrawoman.

15. Christopher

16. Kai "the spy"

Third week of the "TAIGA The Movie Boost Project", here's episode #29 of "Ultraman Mebius":

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

18. Kai "the spy"

Streaming in the next few days/nights, here's episode #10 of "Ultraman Z":

And on "Watch with Zero", this week has episode 30 of "Ultraman Dyna":

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The old episodes have been blocked in the US for the last few weeks. I guess that must be because of the new deal they made for the US releases.

20. Kai "the spy"

They are all only up for two weeks from the time they livestream. It's not just in the U.S., Tsuburaya wants to sell DVDs and streaming licences in Japan, as well.